Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

Really?

Love is the one that signed the contract. What tf did he think was gonna happen?

if your so pissed restructure your contract so we can make it easier to trade you

if you don’t wanna do that shut up and be a good teammate 

It was Altman's idea to sign him to that deal, KNOWING that we were going to full on tank.  I don't think that Love is as mad about the tank job, as he is about running with 2 point guards that don't pass.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Kevin Love is a *****.

Ship him to hipster land Portland where he can focus on his modeling career.

Everybody is acting like he was mad at Sexton I'm pretty sure he's beefing with Beilein on that play by both of their gesturing.  Sexton is just waiting for the play call.

I agree it's time to move on.

Just now, big poppa pump said:

It was Altman's idea to sign him to that deal, KNOWING that we were going to full on tank.  I don't think that Love is as mad about the tank job, as he is about running with 2 point guards that don't pass.

He signed up for it. He signed up for whatever it was gonna look like. 

nobody but a gun to his head and said sign. if you don’t like the current situation restructure the contract it’s up to him 

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I think the point guards handling the ball so much ultimately stems from the tank job.

9 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Love let Altman have it.  I don't blame him.  Let's get him to a contender ASAP.  Dummy Altman as bad a GM as Sashi was.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-love-cavaliers-koby-altman-trade-004155875.html

I mean, what’s your brilliant solution for fixing a team that has no cash and minimal young talent?

What moves did Altman make or not make that are severely impacting us?

As far as Love, what do you think the market is on an oft injured, 30+ PF who can’t protect the rim, plays poor defense in general and makes 30 million a year?

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, what’s your brilliant solution for fixing a team that has no cash and minimal young talent?

What moves did Altman make or not make that are severely impacting us?

As far as Love, what do you think the market is on an oft injured, 30+ PF who can’t protect the rim, plays poor defense in general and makes 30 million a year?

And yet Altman signed the oft injured love, your words....to an extension.  You would think that goes against your philosophy of 'the tank'

And yet Altman signed the oft injured love, your words....to an extension.  You would think that goes against your philosophy of 'the tank'

So he didn’t go full Sashi and tank.... and YOU hate it?

It doesn’t necessarily pay to go full tank in the NBA where you have a lottery and wanted to keep a veteran piece in place to help the young guys develop. Nothing wrong with that logic.  

And if Love left he nets them absolutely nothing.  There’s no comp picks in the NBA.

Love had to know what he was signing up for.  Unless he thought he, TT and whatever leftovers were gonna be a force to be reckoned with...  

My man wanted the money but doesn’t want to earn it now it seems.  That ain’t on the GM.

• Like 4

Not draft 2 ball dominant PG's in back to back drafts?

So who do you draft? Who are the guys who you would have drafted that make this team a winner?

Pointing out others flaws is easy, coming up with a better solution without the benefit of hindsight is where things get trickier.

I mean, we can go round and round arguing minutia but these rough years were always gonna happen.

I knew it.  You knew it.  Everyone in the world knew it.  Kevin Love knew it too.

Bottom line is there’s no quick fix for a team comprised of expensive role players.  

The only fix is time paired with some luck.

• Like 2

Those of us that watched Sexton closely knew that it would be a pain for other players to play with him as he has no awareness and is an energy drainer on the court.

Kevin Love frustrated by a rough season was being guarded by Chris Paul in the post and Sexton unaware kept pounding the rock and running the clock down to start a play instead of moving toward the Love vs. Paul action and dropping it to him for a mismatch win immediately or letting Love run clock and shoot over Paul.

Sexton has blinders on and doesn't even realize what's going on.

We should've drafted Shai Gilgeous-Alexander who has defensive star ability and is an energizing player that plays the 2 and initiates offense from the wing and occasionally at the outset. He's aware of hit aheads and is a better and far more efficient scorer than Sexton. He's also a more aware passer and enjoyable to play with despite lower assist.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Those of us that watched Sexton closely knew that it would be a pain for other players to play with him as he has no awareness and is an energy drainer on the court.

Kevin Love frustrated by a rough season was being guarded by Chris Paul in the post and Sexton unaware kept pounding the rock and running the clock down to start a play instead of moving toward the Love vs. Paul action and dropping it to him for a mismatch win immediately or letting Love run clock and shoot over Paul.

Sexton has blinders on and doesn't even realize what's going on.

He's the Jamal Crawford, 2nd unit pure scorer. That's his ceiling at this point unless he fundamentally alters his play style. He's still in the starting lineup because we are still a very thin roster and for the #tankathon.

As for the people saying "what should we have done different?" My answer is realize that PG is the deepest position in the league right now and so its value is suppressed. The Garland pick makes sense in a vacuum for sure, he had the highest potential at that slot. Sexton should've been Michael Porter Jr. I said it at the time and maintain it now. The injury made him helpful for the tank and kept his value low enough for him to be available at the #7 pick when he otherwise would have been top 3-4. Sexton is the kind of pick you make when you already have a solid idea of what your starting lineup is gonna look like and you need bench energy and scoring.

• Like 3

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck