Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Montrezl Harrell is the only draft prospect I’ve ever been right about (that I thought would be good).

Sucks.

I feel like I’m awesome at projecting NFL picks. I am absolute hot garbage at predicting NBA players. Like...maybe the worst ever. I can usually predict who will suck, but I am always extremely high on guys who do NOTHING.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

The nba doesn’t require a full on tank, especially with the new lottery odds. the Sexton draft was awful. That was basically a 5 player draft and the Cavs missed out. Last year it was a 2-3 player draft and the Cavs missed out. Garland has a lot more play making ability to his game than Sexton that is for sure. With garland, just need his offensive game to develop before he truly start making plays tho. He has looked better the past couple of weeks. Sexton needs to be moved to the bench. Cavs need to get lucky and get a top2 pick. Either get Wiseman or get Ball

I cringe every time I watch a Ja Morant highlight. I thought for the longest time that’s the guy we would end up with this draft. I love Garland but Ja is clearly head and shoulders above him right now. 

We are more than due for some lottery luck this year. 

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

I cringe every time I watch a Ja Morant highlight. I thought for the longest time that’s the guy we would end up with this draft. I love Garland but Ja is clearly head and shoulders above him right now. 

We are more than due for some lottery luck this year. 

No one will fight you on that take. Cavs badly needed to be in the top3 last year. JA is a stud!!!!

23 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I think Sexton should've been Shai-Gilgeous Alexander. He has a strong efficiency and defensive rating while providing length and ball handling SG versatility. SGA is thought by most in the league as being one of the best young assets in the league while Sexton is not despite similar raw statistics.

MPJ would've been a great pick for our purposes as well. 

With hindsight, I definitely agree that SGA is the pick there. And he was part of a group I was okay with taking once I saw who was available (I wanted MPJ, then Kevin Knox, then SGA, then Lonnie Walker... so 50-50 so far I guess). But I think AT THE TIME I was very surprised MPJ wasn't the pick considering he played perfectly into the tankapalooza.

16 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Exum with 28 points in 22 minutes tonight!

I'm really excited to see how the rest of the year goes for him. He's only 24, he's a long SG who can play a bit of SF in small ball lineups, and the best version of him is a great fit next to a Garland type PG. If he stays healthy and hits his potential then we have one more year of team control before having to extend him.

IF he works out, I think Garland (PG), Exum (SG), Sexton (6th man scorer), and Cedi (3rd wing) give us 4 of the 9ish guys you need for a playoff team. Just need to turn draft picks, cap space, and Love/Thompson into a couple starting wings and a big.

This is the least enviable franchise in the NBA.

We have absolutely nothing to be excited about. We have literally no defensive players outside of Henson and Delly, both likely to be gone after this year anyways.

We have 1,000 PG's that can't defend or distribute.

We have ridiculous contracts that are darn near impossible to get rid of.

We have an owner and a city no free agent will want to come play for.

Our only hope is that we tank and get like 3-4 straight top 5 selections in the draft and hit on them all. Because as much as I don't hate Sexton/Garland, those aren't home runs. Those are role players on bleh teams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This is the least enviable franchise in the NBA.

We have absolutely nothing to be excited about. We have literally no defensive players outside of Henson and Delly, both likely to be gone after this year anyways.

We have 1,000 PG's that can't defend or distribute.

We have ridiculous contracts that are darn near impossible to get rid of.

We have an owner and a city no free agent will want to come play for.

Our only hope is that we tank and get like 3-4 straight top 5 selections in the draft and hit on them all. Because as much as I don't hate Sexton/Garland, those aren't home runs. Those are role players on bleh teams.

Delly isn’t a defensive player. Exum is our best defensive player. Most of big money players are off the books after the year. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Delly isn’t a defensive player.

Yeah he's more of a gnat than he is a defensive stopper.

Exum is our best defensive player.

Correct. Hell, he might be our most complete player.

Most of big money players are off the books after the year. 

Thank Christ.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, we couldn’t draw free agents when we had lebron, can’t see that changing without him.

To be fair. We never had money. 

we’re going to have to do what every non contender does. Pay a number 2 guy and or injured (star) max money. That’s the only way we’re getting someone decent. someone like Gordon Hayward. Have to take a risk. 

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I feel like I’m awesome at projecting NFL picks. I am absolute hot garbage at predicting NBA players. Like...maybe the worst ever. I can usually predict who will suck, but I am always extremely high on guys who do NOTHING.

It’s impossible.

Unless they’re the #1 pick it’s impossible.

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’ll see I suppose. I wouldn’t hold my breath.

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

we’re going to have to do what every non contender does. Pay a number 2 guy and or injured (star) max money. That’s the only way we’re getting someone decent. someone like Gordon Hayward. Have to take a risk. 

Yeah you hope you find that right guy who can continue to develop and changes the culture/dynamic of the team.

Without stars via the draft though, it’s gonna be rough.

On 1/6/2020 at 3:19 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I still at times think back to the free agency we signed Larry Hughes after just missing out on Michael Redd, who decided to stick with The Bucks.

God, Hughes was the worst fit with LeBron. Redd would have been an amazing fit. 

I'd love to see what could have been.

• Like 2

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck