Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

I know this is a little pie in the sky, but here's a loose idea for what I'd try to do with this team.

Trade away:

Tristan Thompson

Kevin Love

Trade for:

Kyle Kuzma using our 1st round pick if it's not top 3, and a 2nd.

Sign:

Andre Drummond using Kuzma, Garland, Sexton, and Porter to recruit him.

14 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I know this is a little pie in the sky, but here's a loose idea for what I'd try to do with this team.

Trade away:

Tristan Thompson

Kevin Love

Trade for:

Sign:

For one, the Lakers couldn't handle that trade in any capacity. They don't have the money to make that remotely close.

Secondly, I'm not trading any 1st round pick. That's the life blood of this team. We aren't going to be contenders any time soon. Let's not blow our load to become an 8-seed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

For one, the Lakers couldn't handle that trade in any capacity. They don't have the money to make that remotely close.

Secondly, I'm not trading any 1st round pick. That's the life blood of this team. We aren't going to be contenders any time soon. Let's not blow our load to become an 8-seed.

No, I didn't mean trade Love and Thompson to the Lakers. I meant trade them elsewhere for best offer to clear the cap.

Stretch 4's are very valuable, especially with a center like Drummond, compound that with the fact that this is an extremely weak draft after the 3rd pick, and that's why I make that trade.

I know draft picks are important but not in crap drafts. A 24 year old stretch 4 with scoring upside and valuable experience might be better than who is available in the draft.

33 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I know draft picks are important but not in crap drafts. A 24 year old stretch 4 with scoring upside and valuable experience might be better than who is available in the draft.

I want defense. We can't trade for another freaking vaginal offensive player.

...at least, I don't want to.

I don't mind if we have a scoring-minded PF. But we have to get better perimeter defenders then.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Trade away:

Tristan Thompson

Kevin Love

Trade for:

Sign:

Kuzma is nothing special at all. If he played for the magic no one would care about him. All flash high usage no defense no passing. 

I still really like Sexton. But he just can’t work with this team. But fortunately for him this team won’t be around much. There’s only like 2 players that matter on this team. (Garland and KPJ) so that dynamic could change but he’s not a long term starter. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

They both will be gone in the next 2 seasons. Package them for better players. 

I actually worded my post wrongly. Garland’s assists weren’t empty. I meant to say he should have had at least 4 more assists, except his dummy teammates can’t hit any shots. Garland is an absolute keeper. I really like Sexton too, but he needs to come off the bench. They both can be contributors on a championship team. 

*Trade Kevin Love & Cedi Osman to Portland for:
1. Nassir Little SG/SF (A defensive-minded G/F that has a high ceiling. Can run and jump out of the gym.)
2. Zach Collins C  (A young C with a high ceiling. Good offensively and defensively.)
3. Kent Bazemore SG  (Salary match. He's a solid player, but a FA in the off-season. He gone.)

*Trade Tristan Thompson to Atlanta for:
1. Cam Reddish SG/SF  (A very skilled G/F that can do a little bit of everything. High ceiling guy.)
2. Allen Crabbe SG  (Salary match. Dumped in off-season.)

*Let pretty much everyone walk in free agency.
*Sign SF Josh Jackson in free agency.  (Good defensive player. Good overall player really. Fringe starter.)
*Draft C James Wiseman #2 overall.  (All-around C prospect. The future of the organization.)
*Trade future picks to move up and take PF Isaiah Stewart.  (Physically imposing PF/C. Blocks shots, runs the floor, hammers people.)

PG: Garland/Exum
SG: Porter/Sexton
SF: Jackson/Little/Reddish
PF: Nance/Stewart/Wade
C: Wiseman/Collins/Zizic

^^^^^^^
That'd be a start. We'd be young and have a ton of cap space to work with. The only "bad" contract would be Nance, but that's not even that bad.

Edited by BleedTheClock

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

*Trade Kevin Love & Cedi Osman to Portland for:
1. Nassir Little SG/SF
2. Zach Collins C
3. Kent Bazemore SG

*Trade Tristan Thompson to Atlanta for:
1. Cam Reddish SG/SF
2. Allen Crabbe SG

*Let pretty much everyone walk in free agency.
*Sign SF Josh Jackson in free agency.
*Draft C James Wiseman #2 overall.
*Trade future picks to move up and take PF Isaiah Stewart.

PG: Garland/Exum
SG: Porter/Sexton
SF: Jackson/Little/Reddish
PF: Nance/Stewart/Wade
C: Wiseman/Collins/Zizic

^^^^^^^
That'd be a start. We'd be young and have a ton of cap space to work with. The only "bad" contract would be Nance, but that's not even that bad.

larry👏Nance👏Is👏Not👏A👏PF👏

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck