Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Yea from what I’m seeing this is Beilein’s decision. Which would be good because it means we don’t have to pay out the rest of his 5 year contract.

Still doesn’t make me feel much better about the hire though. Will any decent coach ever want to coach here again?

There’s only so many of these jobs, so yeah, someone will want it.

They need an NBA guy or college guy with some NBA experience.  It should have disqualified Beilein in the first place imo.  

They need to accept the fact they suck and be willing to give the next dude time too.  It’s not as if we’re losing because dudes haven’t been coached up well enough.

4 hours ago, cortes02 said:

The whole Beilein hiring was a head scratcher to me from the start.  Apparently J.B. Bickerstaff who is on the staff is supposed to be the coach in waiting whether Beilein stays or goes. I would much rather go with someone else but it is what it is.

Peace!!!

It was suppose to be a young team with some vets. You would hope that Beilein would be able to connect with the young guys and at least make the bets happy. Just don’t think it went as smooth as Beilein thought it might and doesn’t want to deal with it. Feel like he is more at fault 

• Like 1

Impulsively admitting I can’t believe that terrible man (Gilbert) fired yet another coach. Oh wait no he didn’t. 

Also I’m digging in that this coming draft is just bad. I still need to do a ton of work to give my own bonafide assessment, but it’s not looking good. 

7 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Impulsively admitting I can’t believe that terrible man (Gilbert) fired yet another coach. Oh wait no he didn’t. 

Also I’m digging in that this coming draft is just bad. I still need to do a ton of work to give my own bonafide assessment, but it’s not looking good. 

It’s not going to be a deep draft. Cavs really need a top3 pick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People think that every year and every year it turns out not to be true.

Well yeah. The Sexton draft class the Cavs needed a top5 pick cause that class was deeper. Last year the class was awful. 

yeah there might be players who turn out to be good who were selected later on in the draft but they also fell into better situations. Cavs need to get the most talented player possible so that they can have better odds of over coming the issues with the franchise

Thoughts:

Beilein - Wasn't a good fit from the start, taking a swing on a college guy isn't the worst idea, but Beilein's age and long tenure at Michigan made him a rough fit. He had success at Michigan at least in part because his tenure had him well connected and having developed a great support system around him. Having to drop into a new situation, at age 67, and deal with guys who are making as much or more than you for the first time ever, just not a good fit.

New Coach - Bickerstaff is a good option for now. Have heard good things about him from beat guys in Houston and Memphis. But this is all about talent in the long run. We have to get a bonafide star to put role guys like Sexton (6th man offense), Porter Jr. (3/d wing), etc. around. If we get a top 2 pick this year we have a shot at that with Wiseman/Edwards. But however it is we pull it off, we have to find a star and build a system around them and the role guys we've been assembling.

Draft - This draft is bad. There will be good players from it, absolutely. But there is no Zion, AD, type top guy. Hell, Morant might've been the #1 pick this year if you drop him pre-draft into this class. And it's nowhere close to the 2018 Ayton, Luka, Trae, Bagley, Jaren Jackson draft. We need to find anyway we can to scratch and claw together more draft assets for next year. I know that sucks to hear but that's how it is. You tank for one more year (not really tanking, you just suck, which we do naturally), go balls to the wall for the 2021 draft class and pray to God you've put enough together to build a good team going into 2022/2023.

• Like 2

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck