Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nights like tonight is why I can’t give up on Sexton. Still wish he would pass more. 

Yeah this is it. He just gets better as the game goes on, has some clutch in him. He has improved quite a bit this year. Not surprising as some guards just take time. Was just thinking who is the most improved player this year, he or Nance Jr. I think Jr is slightly ahead right now. 

And these guys need to stop winning. 

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah this is it. He just gets better as the game goes on, has some clutch in him. He has improved quite a bit this year. Not surprising as some guards just take time. Was just thinking who is the most improved player this year, he or Nance Jr. I think Jr is slightly ahead right now. 

And these guys need to stop winning. 

Eh, with the new lottery rules it doesn't really matter that much if we finish with a bottom 1-2 record or not. We'll likely finish bottom five and that should be fine lottery wise.

I still think Sexton is bound to be a sixth man, but he could potentially to be a really good sixth man. I just want my PG to be more of a distributor than he's proven to be.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Eh, with the new lottery rules it doesn't really matter that much if we finish with a bottom 1-2 record or not. We'll likely finish bottom five and that should be fine lottery wise.

I still think Sexton is bound to be a sixth man, but he could potentially to be a really good sixth man. I just want my PG to be more of a distributor than he's proven to be.

I get it, and I’m not normally a conspiracy kind of guy but I’m fully convinced last year’s new lottery was absolutely fixed. I mean the top losers all drafted low and teams like the Lebron Angeles Lakers moved all the way up? Anyway it still behooves the Cavs to lose as many games as they can so there is at least a floor that they can fall to. This new lottery system is going to fail, teams are still tanking and always will. 

I’ve been saying for awhile now Sexton will be an elite 6th man. He is just going to have to realize it. Our starting back court of the future will unequivocally be Garland and Porter Jr. Garland is starting to get it. His passing ability continues to improve. Come on now, Bickerstaff keeps putting him in key moments of the game. Watch how opposing teams defend him. They are to a man afraid of his 3 point ability. I have it on good word that he is highly regarded around the league. Sit back, get yo popcorn and enjoy the show 😎

• Like 1

Crazy that we have won 4 out of 5 with wins against the 6ers and Heat. 

I’m liking what I’m seeing from JB so far. Defense and hustle has greatly improved, running Nance at the 3 has been a successful experiment, and we almost have an identity now.

I like that we have 3 guards that can take turns “carrying” the team as KPJ and Sexton have done the past two games. I’m confident Garland will be able to start ripping off some 20+ point games by next season. KPJ and Garland both have a great feel for the game and can distribute as well. I think this can work and whoever comes off the bench is irrelevant.

I really hope we can keep TT. Add in an off season of getting Drummond acclimated, one year of growth from the 3 young guards, motivated K Love, Windler, and a top 5 pick (Okoro/Edwards/Toppin). If Bickerstaff is actually a good coach, add all that up and we can be a 6-8 seed next year in my honest opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Altman is scouting Deni Avdija from Israel.

I was watching him yesterday actually 

he’s got talent. It’s just so hard with the European guys because I don’t understand the talent they’re playing against. Like with Luka when I was watching his stuff he was killing guys but it’s like will this work in the NBA?!?! For him it did but me I’m never sure. 

Deni looks like a true wing though really skilled player man I love how natural he is in the post, and he fly, and shoot the 3. If it’s solely need he’s the best SF prospect in the draft so far, but it’s just hard to be 100% sure of that because I’m not familiar with his competition level. 

Edited by brownie man