Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

MPJ over Sexton would've made sense with where we were at the time. Or SGA.

Garland was clearly the highest upside player remaining at his spot.

I don't fault them for either pick really. If we get a wing this draft we're fine.

I wanted Nassir Little for his defensive prowess. I was pretty annoyed we didn’t move something to get him when he started to slide. 

This year, I want to move whatever it takes to get Isaac Okoro. He is literally a perfect fit for our team. That being said, I suck at basketball scouting almost as bad as our GM so what do I know?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This year, I want to move whatever it takes to get Isaac Okoro. He is literally a perfect fit for our team. That being said, I suck at basketball scouting almost as bad as our GM so what do I know?

Okoro is a perfect fit.

I think he’s a 15 / 5 / 5 SF with elite defense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

It’s been really fun watching Sexton grow this year 😎 He just happens to be really young and can grow much more  

Nance too. 

Been thinking that through this game.

They both are keepers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Been thinking that through this game.

They both are keepers.

It’s an amazing concept that young people can actually grow and improve with work and effort. Heck even with time and maturity. Boggles my mind a lot of people can’t grasp that. 

Anyways, fun game to watch. My next worry is Bickerstaff is going to run these guys into the ground trying to prove himself. 

• Like 1

You can have Sexton on the team, but you had better pair him with a stud defensive G/F. We can only really afford to have 1 defensive liability. Especially when they're as bad as Sexton.

He's clearly a stud on offense, but his defense is terrible and even with improved effort, his frame doesn't support him ever becoming an elite defensive talent.

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I won’t even call him a stud yet until he can start actually drawing fouls, creating contact, and getting to the line. Right now he is a volume scorer. Studs are the guys who are efficient. 

Agree, but he is growing into one hella volume scorer!

21 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I won’t even call him a stud yet until he can start actually drawing fouls, creating contact, and getting to the line. Right now he is a volume scorer. Studs are the guys who are efficient. 

I agree.

He needs to bulk up and starting getting to the free throw line.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I agree.

He needs to bulk up and starting getting to the free throw line.

not even that. He is about the same size as Irving. He just has no game when it comes to generating contract or scoring off of contact, so he just avoids it. Which leads to bad shots and a lack of free throws

Sexton has the highest floor of any of our young guys, he's already a solid player.  The way he works I don't think he's done improving (especially defensively).  It's just that he's never going to be a primary option on a playoff team and it's really about what the best fit for him going forward is.

Everybody would be a lot more excited for him if landing a transcendent point forward or putting him on the bench was within reach.  Since he's doing great things in a role he probably wouldn't be playing on a good team I think he gets a lot of unnecessary hate.  It would have been amazing if him and LeBron overlapped a couple seasons.

Edited by Rod Johnson

58 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

It's just that he's never going to be a primary option on a playoff team

Not sure I agree with this, especially in light of your previous comment.

59 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Sexton has the highest floor of any of our young guys, he's already a solid player.  The way he works I don't think he's done improving (especially defensively). 

I think that you/we are underestimating Sexton.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck