Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Friendly reminder that MJ is the GOAT. That documentary checked about every single box for me in a time where it was desperately needed. MJ was a stone cold killer and the ultimate talent meets killer instinct/work ethic player in any/every sport.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Friendly reminder that MJ is the GOAT. That documentary checked about every single box for me in a time where it was desperately needed. MJ was a stone cold killer and the ultimate talent meets killer instinct/work ethic player in any/every sport.

Yep. Jordan was easily the best player I’ve ever watched. 

MJ is one of those few all time great's that wasn't an "urban legend". His ability to hit every shot on the court and still get to the rim, in a more physical NBA, while playing lockdown D, and refusing to "cash it in" at any point during the regular season...it's truly special. He was Michael Jordan EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Not aimed at you, but I hate the GOAT argument tbh.  How do you compare across eras/generations?  How do you compare a center to a SG?  

I think it’s most appropriate to say he was the greatest of his era and one of the best ever.  I think the same can be said for guys like LeBron and Wilt.

I also think Jordan seems to get put on a pedestal for his competitiveness, which is all well and good, but a lot of his behavior that of an arsehole imo.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not aimed at you, but I hate the GOAT argument tbh.  How do you compare across eras/generations?  How do you compare a center to a SG?  

I get that. For example, no one will ever convince me that anyone other than Jerry Rice is the GOAT.

I think it’s most appropriate to say he was the greatest of his era and one of the best ever.  I think the same can be said for guys like LeBron and Wilt.

This is basketball. Make a hot take. 

I also think Jordan seems to get put on a pedestal for his competitiveness, which is all well and good, but a lot of his behavior that of an arsehole imo.

It’s a fine line. LeBron would have wanted to be banana boat buddies and MJ would have wanted to steal his soul. I mean, the way he’s wired is almost alarming. He still hates Isaiah, still holds a grudge about his sophomore year of HS, is still bitter about how it all ended in Chicago, etc. That said, I do agree that they should have been given the right to defend what was theirs until they lost/were dethroned.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I get that. For example, no one will ever convince me that anyone other than Jerry Rice is the GOAT.

it’s a very dependent position.  Playing with Young and Montana sure does help a receiver.

I look at a guy like Megatron or Moss and wonder what they’d have done with QB’s like that for most of their career.

This is basketball. Make a hot take. 

Boobie Gibson is the GOAT.

It’s a fine line. LeBron would have wanted to be banana boat buddies and MJ would have wanted to steal his soul. I mean, the way he’s wired is almost alarming. He still hates Isaiah, still holds a grudge about his sophomore year of HS, is still bitter about how it all ended in Chicago, etc. That said, I do agree that they should have been given the right to defend what was theirs until they lost/were dethroned.

He was a bully, simple as that.  He has unhealthy obsession with winning.  It’s one thing to be competitive on the court, but there are plenty of there examples of him being essentially a psycho about it for irrelevant stuff like golf and cards.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's a bad take. 

Nope. It’s the right take. His shooting+handles+rebounding+defense+
Athletic ability combined at that size. No one has ever seen that before. Put him in the East like lebron was and lebron doesn’t have a cake walk to the East every year. 

• Like 1

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Athletic ability combined at that size. No one has ever seen that before. Put him in the East like lebron was and lebron doesn’t have a cake walk to the East every year. 

It’s a fair take imo.

He’s the most skilled offensive player I’ve ever seen.  Elite shooter with unlimited range who can get a shot off against anyone.

Good defender, elite help defender.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Prime Bron poops on prime KD. 

• Like 2

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck