Jump to content
LETSGOBROWNIES

Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Mediocrity

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don’t think there would be a good enough player at 8 that will be worth a trade for a guy like Kawhi or Lillard but I do like a couple young guys to keep and develop. I think I want the Cavs to get a PG the most. To me If they got PG it’s for them and if it’s another positions it’s for a trade. 

 

Yeah 8 is a legit spot for a PG

Your guaraneteed Sexton or Young

If we can do that trade of Love for 4 and Parsons you could come out with 

Bagley/Porter and Young/Sexton

thats a nice young solid core

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah 8 is a legit spot for a PG

Your guaraneteed Sexton or Young

If we can do that trade of Love for 4 and Parsons you could come out with 

Bagley/Porter and Young/Sexton

thats a nice young solid core

I actually am a huge fan of the guy @Bonanza23 has been hyping up from Kentucky. I'm not even gonna try to act like I know his full name off the top of my head, but I've watched him and read about him. He's extremely versatile at 6'6" and he was basically the facilitator of the Kentucky offense. He may not be a true PG, but I think he could thrive in a LeBron James offense.

Now Trae Young is interesting. I think he'll fit, but I haven't seen enough of what he can do without the ball in his hands to know whether he'll mesh effectively.

I'd be lying, however, if I told you I knew a great deal about Sexton, he intrigues me, but I think I like the other two I mentioned more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MistaBohmbastic

the scenario I’m talking about is a Lebronless Cavs team. I think Sexton would be the best realistic option at 8. He can defense and create his own shot. Can’t shoot the 3 but at least he can get to the basket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I actually am a huge fan of the guy @Bonanza23 has been hyping up from Kentucky. I'm not even gonna try to act like I know his full name off the top of my head, but I've watched him and read about him. He's extremely versatile at 6'6" and he was basically the facilitator of the Kentucky offense. He may not be a true PG, but I think he could thrive in a LeBron James offense.

Now Trae Young is interesting. I think he'll fit, but I haven't seen enough of what he can do without the ball in his hands to know whether he'll mesh effectively.

I'd be lying, however, if I told you I knew a great deal about Sexton, he intrigues me, but I think I like the other two I mentioned more.

I kinda like Trae Young the most for the most realistic. I like Porter a lot but I think he will be gone and his back injury history scares me a little. 

Young was a stud for Oklahoma and literally carried the team. He would have legit support if James and Love are here. He could be the ideal PG really. Dude is one of a passer and has great range. He could be a stud leader for the 2nd unit and a stud facilitor with the starters. 

Also it be weird that the first pick for the Browns was from Oklahoma and the first pick for of he Cavs is from Oklahoma

Edited by buno67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brownie man said:

@MistaBohmbastic

the scenario I’m talking about is a Lebronless Cavs team. I think Sexton would be the best realistic option at 8. He can defense and create his own shot. Can’t shoot the 3 but at least he can get to the basket 

Yes, yes, yes. You got it bud. Sexton is the best 2 way point guard in this draft imo. If we take PG Sexton is the best fit for the current Cavs, if Bron leaves then that's a different story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Yes, yes, yes. You got it bud. Sexton is the best 2 way point guard in this draft imo. If we take PG, Sexton is the best fit for the current Cavs, if Bron leaves then that's a different story. 

Sorry wrong button 

Edited by buckeyesNut0623

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man. If Porter was healthy I think he’s the #1. He’s so versatile, I hope they can somehow get him. Kid can play 4 positions on the floor and ply defense. Not saying he is like lebron but I think he’s the closest thing in the draft to lebron as long as his medical checks out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Man. If Porter was healthy I think he’s the #1. He’s so versatile, I hope they can somehow get him. Kid can play 4 positions on the floor and ply defense. Not saying he is like lebron but I think he’s the closest thing in the draft to lebron as long as his medical checks out.  

Exactly he’s my number 2 player in the draft 

he’s the Jayson Tatum of this draft at least in my opinion. If Bron leaves I’ve got to find a way to get him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, brownie man said:

Exactly he’s my number 2 player in the draft 

he’s the Jayson Tatum of this draft at least in my opinion. If Bron leaves I’ve got to find a way to get him. 

I would be afraid of that back injury tho. Those things never truly get better or go away. It will either be the same or get worse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I would be afraid of that back injury tho. Those things never truly get better or go away. It will either be the same or get worse. 

Lebrons did. Maybe if he came here Lebron could give him some advice. He could fall and I’d do everything I can to move up to get him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lebrons did. Maybe if he came here Lebron could give him some advice. He could fall and I’d do everything I can to move up to get him. 

Porter and Lebron had two completely different back issues. Porter had to have surgery to correct his back issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 7:37 AM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Ok maybe this draft is gonna be far more unpredictable than previous ones. Trae Young, Wendell Carter...SO many names that could go top 7

Definitely possible. I think we get some clarity as we get closer to the draft, but yeah, I could see any of the guys below going top 8ish:

Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Jaren Jackson, Mo Bamba, Carter, Young, Bridges x2, Sexton, Gilgreous-Alexander, Rob Williams.

Now, I think the top 5-6ish is going to be pretty predictable, but those 6-8 slots could go a ton of ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just found out I'm gonna be the only one in the office on Saturday, aside from David Griffin. I'm gonna be helpin him do a national show from our studio. I'll be sure to ask him about the draft!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×