Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

I am guessing/hoping Lebron stays....but here are 2 reasons I believe it will happen.

I am under the assumption that Lebron would love his sons to play for SVSM, his alma mater.  I would think he would want to be close to that.

Also....Isn't there a rumor out there, that Lebron would like to own the Cavs, and that Dan would be willing to sell to him?  If so, I don't believe he would bolt, just to return when he retires to own the team

16 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I am guessing/hoping Lebron stays....but here are 2 reasons I believe it will happen.

I am under the assumption that Lebron would love his sons to play for SVSM, his alma mater.  I would think he would want to be close to that.

Also....Isn't there a rumor out there, that Lebron would like to own the Cavs, and that Dan would be willing to sell to him?  If so, I don't believe he would bolt, just to return when he retires to own the team

There’s a rumor about everything but that one has no substance. Why would Gilbert sell the team and why would Lebron buy it? Lebron is rich but he’s not owning a team rich. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Jerry West isn’t doing that. Doc rivers isn’t running the clippers anymore. They want to go young with cost controlled players. 

I think the best we can hope for is trading love plus 8 for CJ McCullum. Portland needs a change. 

I'd do that for Dame Liliard, that is too much for McCullum IMO

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’d also have to get Portland’s first in the trade too since we can’t be without a first round pick this year. So love and 8 for CJ and 24. Sounds pretty fair. 

I guess that sounds better, we could use the asset too.

Id love CJ though, he and Koufos both went to my alma mater and are 330 dudes.  It’d be cool to see a few local guys on the squad.

52 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There’s a rumor about everything but that one has no substance. Why would Gilbert sell the team and why would Lebron buy it? Lebron is rich but he’s not owning a team rich. 

Yeah LeBron ain’t got that kinda money, not yet anyway.

I honestly cannot wait until LeBron leaves or retires and fades out of the lime light. LeBron has single handedly killed off football and every other sport at the school I coach. Every kid thinks they are a hooper now and that they have to be like LeBron. We have over 25 kids on the basketball team ever year and so little numbers in every other sport they can't even field JVs. Middle School wrestling was also cut because of no participants. Track and cross country barely field enough for varsity and our football team had 32 kids last year. There are 5'8 290 pound kids who are 1 sport "stars" because apparently it is cool to be a hooper and ride the JV pine and play pick up games at the park. Even the kids on the football team are choosing AAU garbage over working out for football and let me tell you basketball workouts are a joke. We know those kids are not getting enough and it shows when they show up for two a days and what little we have had at camps and lifting are blowing the basketball kids doors off.

It is also destroying these kids chances of athletic scholarships. I know a lot of people in the recruiting world, mostly in football, but I know some guys who do baseball and basketball as well and I know for a fact 99% of recruiters ask the same first two questions; What are is grades like? and What other sports does he compete in? If either are bad or they see a kid only does 1 sport 90% of recruiters will move on without a second look. Every sport and every college team is looking for competitive kids and if they are not in multiple sports they won't recruit you.

Obviously I have selfish reasons but I certainly cannot wait until LeBron James is just a memory in here in Northern Ohio. Can't wait until all the 5th and 6th graders want to be the next Baker Mayfield.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I honestly cannot wait until LeBron leaves or retires and fades out of the lime light. LeBron has single handedly killed off football and every other sport at the school I coach. Every kid thinks they are a hooper now and that they have to be like LeBron. We have over 25 kids on the basketball team ever year and so little numbers in every other sport they can't even field JVs. Middle School wrestling was also cut because of no participants. Track and cross country barely field enough for varsity and our football team had 32 kids last year. There are 5'8 290 pound kids who are 1 sport "stars" because apparently it is cool to be a hooper and ride the JV pine and play pick up games at the park. Even the kids on the football team are choosing AAU garbage over working out for football and let me tell you basketball workouts are a joke. We know those kids are not getting enough and it shows when they show up for two a days and what little we have had at camps and lifting are blowing the basketball kids doors off.

It is also destroying these kids chances of athletic scholarships. I know a lot of people in the recruiting world, mostly in football, but I know some guys who do baseball and basketball as well and I know for a fact 99% of recruiters ask the same first two questions; What are is grades like? and What other sports does he compete in? If either are bad or they see a kid only does 1 sport 90% of recruiters will move on without a second look. Every sport and every college team is looking for competitive kids and if they are not in multiple sports they won't recruit you.

Obviously I have selfish reasons but I certainly cannot wait until LeBron James is just a memory in here in Northern Ohio. Can't wait until all the 5th and 6th graders want to be the next Baker Mayfield.

That sounds more like a browns being terrible issue and turning kids off from football than a Lebron issue. 

• Like 3

Man with this Bryan Colangelo thing idk about Bron as a possibility there

unlese he can bring in his own President I can’t see him going somewhere with a situation like this. 

If they could bring in David Griffin then I think Bron there for be a formality 

we’ll see gotta do a sign and trade id hope. Bring in Fultz trade Love and draft at 8 and build for the future 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That sounds more like a browns being terrible issue and turning kids off from football than a Lebron issue. 

Not to be an *** but this is me being an ***,

Yeah, because not being able to field a middle school wrestling team, having only 3 high school wrestlers, not being able to field a JV baseball team or Track team, only having 11 high school kids on the baseball team, only having 7 cross country runners is all because the Browns are terrible. Yep, makes 100% complete sense.

Meanwhile they had 19 middle schoolers out for basketball, 13 freshman and 27 JV and High school out for basketball.

Maybe I would get it if they were good or something but this school has won exactly 2 conference titles in 25 years and only won a tournament game once in 25 years.

All these kids every talk about is the Cavs and LeBron. The debates of Lebron and Jordan are never ending(as if they ever even watched Jordan) the Warriors/Cavs talks are endless. 

I am 100% certain your theory is 100% false.

Listen. I'm old school when it comes to football and want it continue forever. That said, maybe part of the problem is kids and parents see that one sport is insanely more dangerous than the other, and one league has 25-30 guys getting paid more than the top player in the NFL, not to mention NBA deals are fully guaranteed and the lifespan of an nba player is probably 3 times as long. 

Football is one of my favorite things in the world, but it's future doesn't look great, and those are many of the reasons why. Not to even mention that the NFL is run soooo poorly compared to the NBA and others. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I guess that sounds better, we could use the asset too.

Id love CJ though, he and Koufos both went to my alma mater and are 330 dudes.  It’d be cool to see a few local guys on the squad.

Didn’t know you were a stark county guy....

drove by there today, on the way home from work.

3 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Listen. I'm old school when it comes to football and want it continue forever. That said, maybe part of the problem is kids and parents see that one sport is insanely more dangerous than the other, and one league has 25-30 guys getting paid more than the top player in the NFL, not to mention NBA deals are fully guaranteed and the lifespan of an nba player is probably 3 times as long. 

Football is one of my favorite things in the world, but it's future doesn't look great, and those are many of the reasons why. Not to even mention that the NFL is run soooo poorly compared to the NBA and others. 

For sure. The sport is a lot less cool when you're not getting paid to be the gladiator. 

3 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Dude. We are a 98% white community of farmers. The tallest kid in the school might be 6'2. None of these kids are every going to get basketball scholarships let alone make a dime playing professional basketball.

All these theory's are weak.

I've been involved in high school football since 1996 and I have seen 1 serious injury. None of these high school kids will ever take the beating of an NFL player and 99% of them will never have life long effect from wear and tear or injury. You are right about one thing and that is parents false sense of reality about the injuries in football. Everyone(including you apparently) think high school football and the NFL are that same. Sorry, but completely off base. Hell the kids that do get injured are 90% of the time the kids being lazy and not coming to lifting, workouts ect or loafing on the field.

I have lost more football players to motocross(which has suddenly become all the rage) injuries in the last 4 years,and I know of at least 3 that will be life long debilitations,  than I have seen on the football field since 1996.

I know you are not trying to be anti football or pro motocross but that is the big one the pisses me off more than anything. Also, I know that I am at a soft *** community with a bunch of soft kids but that is why I am here and why I stayed despite not getting the head gig. I want to change it. If I wanted easy I would have taken a job at my alma mater.

I am around these kids every day and have been for 4 years now and no one will ever convince me the reason they all love basketball and don't do ANY OTHER SPORT WHICH BY THE WAY INCLUDE MORE THAN FOOTBALL has anything to do with anything other than LeBron James.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck