Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Lue didn’t lose that series...

If we’re being objective that roster had no business making the finals. Folks are way too quick to fire coaches iyam.

This team overachieved tbh.

Lue made bad line up decisions all finals.

He is extremely inept

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Lue made bad line up decisions all finals.

He is extremely inept

Yeah, I think you can say that our roster had no chance of beating the Warriors AND that Lue gives every indication of being a bad coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

If Bron leaves do we blow this thing up?

I think that is what needs to happen.  Find a taker for Love.  Figure out how to get Kardashian to Hollywood.  Get some picks out of these moves.  Hope that LBJ does a sign and trade again (not likely, but one can hope) to allow the club to have some additional draft capital heading forward.  

Get young next year with Osman, Nance, Hood on the court.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, Lue didn’t lose that series...

If we’re being objective that roster had no business making the finals. Folks are way too quick to fire coaches iyam.

This team overachieved tbh.

Watching us play defense made me want to kill an infant. He's the worst coach in the NBA, can't make an adjustment, and has zero respect from his players. What does he bring to the table that makes us a better team?

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

If Bron leaves do we blow this thing up?

We need to blow it up even if LeBron stays. There is little to no redeeming part about our roster outside of LeBron and Love. You could sign a bunch of mid-level exception players in place of the jackoffs we have in there now and have the same "success." 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Watching us play defense made me want to kill an infant. He's the worst coach in the NBA, can't make an adjustment, and has zero respect from his players. What does he bring to the table that makes us a better team?

What does any coach bring then?

Every coach LeBron has hadn’t had been ridiculed beyond the point of reason.  Are they all idiots? Did all of them forget basketball?

It’s basketball, it’s a players league.  Coaches organize practices, players win games. Ty Lue could have made every right coaching call and we still lose to the warriors.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

We need to blow it up even if LeBron stays. There is little to no redeeming part about our roster outside of LeBron and Love. You could sign a bunch of mid-level exception players in place of the jackoffs we have in there now and have the same "success." 

Not sure I’d even lump Love in there tbh, we need guys who play both ends of the floor.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not sure I’d even lump Love in there tbh, we need guys who play both ends of the floor.

Agreed, but he's not worthless like the rest of the team. He's only considered bad because his contract is that of an elite player, which he is clearly not.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What does any coach bring then?

Every coach LeBron has hadn’t had been ridiculed beyond the point of reason.  Are they all idiots? Did all of them forget basketball?

It’s basketball, it’s a players league.  Coaches organize practices, players win games. Ty Lue could have made every right coaching call and we still lose to the warriors.

I have problems with our defense, not the way the offense is run. The offense has plenty of flaws, but I think it's completely related to the way LeBron plays. This is LeBron's offense, but Lue's defense. The lack of ball movement is on LeBron. He's way too patient/passive at times and it doesn't let us get into any type of rhythm that creates easy shots. But to give up this many easy layups and dunks screams to a lack of practice time spent on it and/or a lack of an emphasis on it. Either way, that's on Tyronn Lue.

Our guys don't play hard all the time. We make zero halftime adjustments. We keep absolute abominations like JR Smith in the game when other guys are hot. It seems like he forgets that he has to coach sometimes and it leads to mind-numbingly stupid stretches. He's terrible.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I have problems with our defense, not the way the offense is run. The offense has plenty of flaws, but I think it's completely related to the way LeBron plays. This is LeBron's offense, but Lue's defense. The lack of ball movement is on LeBron. He's way too patient/passive at times and it doesn't let us get into any type of rhythm that creates easy shots. But to give up this many easy layups and dunks screams to a lack of practice time spent on it and/or a lack of an emphasis on it. Either way, that's on Tyronn Lue.

When Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love are your bigs, that’s gonna happen. This team was built, mostly by Griff, to score points, not play great defense.  I mean, when JR is your best on ball defender....

Our guys don't play hard all the time.

These guys aren’t kids either, a coach can’t force 30 year old vets to put effort in.  They know there’s not an alternative in most cases. It’s on the players to play with effort.

We make zero halftime adjustments. We keep absolute abominations like JR Smith in the game when other guys are hot.

True, but again, JR is our best wing defender. By a lot really.

It seems like he forgets that he has to coach sometimes and it leads to mind-numbingly stupid stretches. He's terrible.

I’d argue his ability to coach is hampered by the same guy who’s neutered a handful of coaches before Lue. LeBron is great, and he’s worth the headaches, but Lue is doing what LeBron wants, or he wouldn’t be here. Just like Blatt, Brown, Silas, etc.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

When Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love are your bigs, that’s gonna happen. This team was built, mostly by Griff, to score points, not play great defense.  I mean, when JR is your best on ball defender....

He's been dealt a crap hand, but it's not like we're getting physically manhandled. We're being outschemed into layups and dunks. I've watched a lot of basketball and I've never seen a team give up so many wide open shots week after week. If we were just getting roasted off the dribble, fine. That's a lack of foot speed. But we're being roasted because we can't figure out how to rotate defensively or how we are attacking pick and rolls. It's a little bit on the foot speed, but a lot more on the broken scheme.

These guys aren’t kids either, a coach can’t force 30 year old vets to put effort in.  They know there’s not an alternative in most cases. It’s on the players to play with effort.

Greg Popovich's guys give effort for him and they're almost all in their 30's. If they respected the coach like the Spurs respect Pop, they'd give effort. I do agree that we have too many old guys out there. The mental breakdowns are frustrating as hell, but not as frustrating as giving up wide open dunks and layups in our half court defense. Some random bum always scores like 20-30 points on us because we can't defend simple stuff.

True, but again, JR is our best wing defender. By a lot really.

Not arguing this. It's sad, but true.

I’d argue his ability to coach is hampered by the same guy who’s neutered a handful of coaches before Lue. LeBron is great, and he’s worth the headaches, but Lue is doing what LeBron wants, or he wouldn’t be here. Just like Blatt, Brown, Silas, etc.

I agree to an extent, but you can't be a beta biznitch like he is and expect to coach this group. If he really is a glorified timeout caller, he failed in that regard as well. There are no redeeming qualities to Tyronn Lue. He could be a good coach and LeBron's been screwing that up, but I highly doubt that and am not willing to give him an opportunity to prove "it was LeBron's fault."

If he was a glorified biznitch he would of never won the title. Him and Griff did a lot to keep that team together. You guys act like he might be the worst coach in the league. He isn’t the greatest but he isn’t the worst. 

You say you want this Brad Stevens type coach. It’s never going to happen under Lebron.