Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

There are a lot of potential options at #8. Shae Gilgeous Alexander, Trae Young, Collin Sexton at PG : Mikal Bridges, Zhaire Smith, Lonnie Walker on the wing : Wendell Carter, Michael Porter, Kevin Knox, and Robert Williams as 4/5 guys. Personally, I'd like to end up with one of Sexton/Knox/Porter/Carter/SGA/Young if we keep the pick.

I think we end up with Sexton

Porter wont get there

best option if Lebron leaves or if Lebron stays

next year's draft is actually better so its smarter to trade Love for 2019 first round picks than this year

get our PG of the future then our wings next year

37 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

There are a lot of potential options at #8. Shae Gilgeous Alexander, Trae Young, Collin Sexton at PG : Mikal Bridges, Zhaire Smith, Lonnie Walker on the wing : Wendell Carter, Michael Porter, Kevin Knox, and Robert Williams as 4/5 guys. Personally, I'd like to end up with one of Sexton/Knox/Porter/Carter/SGA/Young if we keep the pick.

I’d be good with any of those also. I was really hoping we could buy another first round pick or a second, but I read that we used all our money we could have used to do so. 

Cant lie this draft has a ton of intrigue for us. First time in awhile I will be watching. 

The worst pick we could make is Shae Gilgeous Alexander... not explosive, doesn't have high basketball IQ to orchestrate an offense, no defensive fire despite great length, can't shoot, not a strong handle....

So, knowing Dan Gilbert... that will probably be the pick.

Assuming Doncic, Bamba, Bagley, Ayton, Trae, Jackson Jr., Porter Jr. are off the board....

Based on their tape and projection of skills, we should take: 1. Colin Sexton, 2. Lonnie Walker, 3. Wendell Carter, 4. Anfernee Simons, or 5. Miles Bridges in that order...

Walker is the most underrated player in the draft as he will become a 37% or better 3 point shooter in the league, has the IQ and handle to play PG, elite defensive effort, elite athleticism, competitive fire second to only Colin Sexton... I actually prefer Walker to Sexton, but I just can't bet against Sexton's competitive drive, big moment poise, and work ethic....

A lot of foolish comps of Walker will be to Shumpert, but Walker is prospect on a different level...

I'd actually trade back from 8 to get both of the Clippers picks at 12 and 13 if possible.

I'd take Lonnie Walker SG at 12 and Anfernee Simons PG/Combo at 13.

Simons has top 3 PG/Combo guards in the league in 3 years.... defensive length, nice shot form, great to elite handle and shot creation, good court vision.

Starting Lineup:

PG/SG/Combo: Anfernee Simons // Jordan Clarkson,

PG/SG/Combo: Lonnie Walker // Rodney Hood

SF: Cedi Osman

PF: Kevin Love // Jeff Green

C: Larry Nance

Edited by Mind Character

I think there's a lot of good players in this draft. The messed up part is that I want to pass on all of them to get some big player to keep Bron. The Cavs are nothing to me without LeBron and likely will be until GSW and whatever team Bron plays for succumb to age. 

Sexton, Walker, Carter, and Simons will all be better pros than Porter.

Porter with the back issues is too risky to select especially b/c he is also a narrow base shooter and will struggle to consistently shot make at high percentage in the pros without a lot of work, give no defensive effort, has a diva attitude, doesn't commit to working at the game, gets defeated when down big and won't fight back in games....

Anyone but Shai Gilgeous Alexander... and I'm cool, but really anyone but SGA and Porter, Knox, Bridges, and I think we'll be okay with the selection...

Is the #8 pick not enough to get Kawhi Leonard from San Antonio?

I don't know how value works in the NBA. 

If they want to keep LeBron wouldn't the best way to go about it be landing what seems to be a consensus Top 5 NBA player to play along side him?

If I were the Cavs I would sell out for Leonard in hopes LeBron stays and then figure out how to find a 3rd fiddle. Or maybe Kevin Love is still a good 3rd option? I don't know I don't watch enough but listening to Cavs fans talk you would think the guy is hot garbage which I know cannot be true.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck