Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

You gotta be jealous of GS as a front office though 

they're some killer

and they did it all legit and the right way

Built through the draft, developed a winning culture people wanted to gravitate to, and took advantage of opportunity 

I hate them, but that is exactly how I would build a team

they're playing 2k 

That and got extremely lucky. What they have done has never been seen before. The way they hit on Curry Klay and Green, I don’t think a team has ever had a run like that on picks developing like that. Specially ones developing way past their projected ceilings. I think what Klay is doing, everyone assumes that but what Curry and Green are doing are way past their predicted potential. Just sucks because of it, it ruins a Cavs dynasty. GSW never develops. Cavs prolly win 3 title. Irving and James never leave early. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m just glad they’re not our problem anymore. I hope Lebron has fun with rondo KCP lance and mcgee. 

I think he has given in to GSW. Moved to Lakers so he can get involved more in Hollywood. Now off days he can be in Hollywood, where in Cleveland he couldn’t. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think he has given in to GSW. Moved to Lakers so he can get involved more in Hollywood. Now off days he can be in Hollywood, where in Cleveland he couldn’t. 

Yeah, this seems partially about that, no doubt.

Good for him though, worse things to do than make 160 million playing hoops in SoCal.

45 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Kinda sad. One of the goats just giving in. I would have rather seen him go to Houston. They would have had a real shot at beating GS. Hollywood would have be there the rest of his life. He’s not going to drop off the face of the map once he retires. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Kinda sad. One of the goats just giving in. I would have rather seen him go to Houston. They would have had a real shot at beating GS. Hollywood would have be there the rest of his life. He’s not going to drop off the face of the map once he retires. 

I think a lot of it is his family. 

His oldest is entering high school (hence the 4 year deal) and they like the area (bought the home a year or two ago). If the rumors are true, LeBron doesn’t love Houston and it’s kinda hard to blame a guy for not wanting to live somewhere he doesn’t like, especially at this point in his life/career.

Hopefully they get Kawhi and can make a few more moves (trade for Love?) and give the Warriors a run for their money.  Basketball fans deserve to see it.

On 7/2/2018 at 10:40 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“Our run” he says...

Half shocked you’re not a Lakers fan right now...

Oh how I've missed your witty takes on life. Go sign into your smurf accounts and like more of your own posts... 

Anyways, back to the Cavs:

I seriously hope this team goes into a rebuild mode. They could easily have 3 years of top 10 lotto picks with only 2 losing seasons. Not to mention any other picks they could potentially get for Love and others. Come back in the summer of 2020 with about 60-75 million under cap. That'll be about the time when greed breaks up the warriors and Celts learn that Tatum and Brown won't play for peanuts and rookie contracts. I'd rather see this than Gilbert trying for an 8th seed. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yeah, this was a post-NBA move. There is no way he is getting past anyone in the west with the team that is around him. 

MC 

31 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Yeah, this was a post-NBA move. There is no way he is getting past anyone in the west with the team that is around him. 

MC 

But isn’t that all?

You forgot to tell us that was all, and then sign the post like we didn’t know who posted it.

That was always super cool.

I bet @LETSGOBROWNIES agrees, right?

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
Forgot to sign out of my burner account
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

I know that but besides Lebron, Lakers haven’t attracted a big time player since Shaq I believe. The role players are flocking but it’s been awhile since they landed a big time FA. 

Having a president wouldn’t be a game changer for the Cavs but it sure would help, specially if Gilbert is such a problem like people say but I don’t think he is that big of a problem. 

The salary cap has never been what it became after 2014. Before Lebron came back, I think our payroll was around 68 mil, and that was the right at the cap. You didn't have the ability to create mega teams because the it wasn't possible to construct a team with more than 2 max players, unless drastic paycuts were done. The Heat in 2010 faced that. Wade took a decent discount, Bron did as well to make it work. The Lakers had no ability to sign anyone because of Kobe's contract and the rest of the salary cap issues, it wasn't because players didn't want to play for the Lakers. 

2 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

The salary cap has never been what it became after 2014. Before Lebron came back, I think our payroll was around 68 mil, and that was the right at the cap. You didn't have the ability to create mega teams because the it wasn't possible to construct a team with more than 2 max players, unless drastic paycuts were done. The Heat in 2010 faced that. Wade took a decent discount, Bron did as well to make it work. The Lakers had no ability to sign anyone because of Kobe's contract and the rest of the salary cap issues, it wasn't because players didn't want to play for the Lakers. 

Yep, and getting rid of max contacts helps too.

Sure Durant or whoever can take 30 instead of 35, but would he pass up 40, 50, 60 million?

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This year for sure the focus isn't on beating the Warriors. Oddly enough, this year will probably be the least amount of pressure LeBron will have played under in probably a decade. He gets that team 50 wins, which should happen, and the LA will be lit. Hell, because he is in LA I bet he gets more MVP attention than he got as a Cavalier. They aren't building to win it this year, they are filling out roster spots until Kawhi and others become free agents next year. They also get to see the young guys on the team play with LeBron and make a determination on which can be assets on the court, and which can be assets in trade moves. I'm miserable for us, and nervous that Gilbert is gonna fight hard to get that 8 seed rather than working to keep our #1 picks from ATL the next two years, but I'm happy for LeBron. He gave us everything he had, and a title we will never forget. He is now on a team that has cap flexibility and in a place that already attracts stars. It's the one thing that Cleveland could never give him, no matter how great he was. NBA players chase lifestyle maybe more than they chase money. 

Look at how much $$$ they have tied up into one year deals too. Hell they have so many assets for potential trade deadline moves if they wanted to go that route. 

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep, and getting rid of max contacts helps too.

Sure Durant or whoever can take 30 instead of 35, but would he pass up 40, 50, 60 million?

Joe Thomas tweeted about this today and man it made so much sense. If the NBA did something where the current franchise could offer way more, or hell even any amount to retain a player, we wouldn't see these guys leaving. The last time he left, the value of the franchise dropped by 25%, which would be about 250 million bucks. I'm sure Gilbert would rather have a choice to pay LeBron 45 million a year when the next closest team would be say 30 mil, and keep him rather than having to watch him leave 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Joe Thomas tweeted about this today and man it made so much sense. If the NBA did something where the current franchise could offer way more, or hell even any amount to retain a player, we wouldn't see these guys leaving. The last time he left, the value of the franchise dropped by 25%, which would be about 250 million bucks. I'm sure Gilbert would rather have a choice to pay LeBron 45 million a year when the next closest team would be say 30 mil, and keep him rather than having to watch him leave 

They try that now somewhat with the extra year, but the incentive isn’t enough obviously.

Perhaps allowing teams to exceed the cap to some degree to keep players they drafted (not like Bird rights, that can transfer with a trade).

I’d love to see more guys play with one team longer/for their whole career and teams that draft well should be rewarded for it.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck