Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

This doesn’t make sense to me. 

How can you value a pick that hasn’t been made yet. 

A top 10 pick could be our next Sexton. 

These guys aren’t talented enough to win a championship. 

I’m gonna be pretty pissed when the Hawks are the new Warriors because they used our pick to get a star 

dude that is not happening. What the Warriors did was pretty freaking rare. You never see a team hit on draft picks like that. Specially when you have just about all of them greatly exceed their expectations. 

Im valuing the pick based on the odds. you just dont see that many top10 picks become huge players. You will see two, three, if lucky, four. 

13 hours ago, brownie man said:

But I see us being in the middle not making the playoff and losing our pick which is dumb. 

This squad is still making the playoffs. The East is pretty freaking bad.

Happy for Love. I always liked him and I wanted to keep him to pair with our young guys for the forseeable future. He's going to be a beast as "the guy" here. Like he was in Minnesota. He just deferred to LeBron way too much, which makes sense to a degree. Now that it's just him, I think we see a much better and a much more aggressive K-Love.

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

This squad is still making the playoffs. The East is pretty freaking bad.

Happy for Love. I always liked him and I wanted to keep him to pair with our young guys for the forseeable future. He's going to be a beast as "the guy" here. Like he was in Minnesota. He just deferred to LeBron way too much, which makes sense to a degree. Now that it's just him, I think we see a much better and a much more aggressive K-Love.

Idk about that. There are 6 teams better than the Cavs. So right now they are fighting for 7-8. Have no idea how injuries might play out or if their are surprises. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it or didn’t make it 

10 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

If we can get an unprotected 1st rounder for a 37 year old shooter, even if it is late in the first round, I think we should jump on it.

If we can get an unprotected 1st round pick for 99% of this team we should jump on it. But that’s not happening. 

• Like 1

The only chance this team has of making the playoffs is a compete rebuild of this teams offense defense and practice habits. We can’t have these lackadaisical practices that we had under Lebron where they’d just glorified shoot arounds. These guys need structure. Lue has to stop being so lazy this year and actually do some coaching. Can’t rely on LeBron Ball. 

For those who like/want to keep Love, Korver etc, what is the path to success long term as you see it?

We potentially lose our pick next year if we’re as good as some think we’ll be, we won’t be awful enough to get a super high pick, nor do we have any assets to acquire one.

How does this situation play out as anything other than a.) we suck even with them and get the picks or b.) we’re a treadmill team (until we sign some studs in FA of course lol)

• Like 1

You have to think the Cavs sold Love on more of a long term plan. I expect a lottery pick this year.  After/during the next season they cut some fat (JR, Tristan, Hill, Clarkson [60+ Mil]) and focus on acquiring talent. 

Mid the Cavs can get some of that bad money off the team they could be players in FA next year with a lottery pick to boot.

7 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

You have to think the Cavs sold Love on more of a long term plan. I expect a lottery pick this year.  After/during the next season they cut some fat (JR, Tristan, Hill, Clarkson [60+ Mil]) and focus on acquiring talent. 

Mid the Cavs can get some of that bad money off the team they could be players in FA next year with a lottery pick to boot.

Keep Clarkson. I want to see what he could do without Lebron. I think he should have a good year for us

6 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

You have to think the Cavs sold Love on more of a long term plan. I expect a lottery pick this year.  

So we suck anyway and miss out on potential picks/assets we could gain if we move Love?

After/during the next season they cut some fat (JR, Tristan, Hill, Clarkson [60+ Mil]) and focus on acquiring talent. 

Some of that fat will have value in the form of expiring contracts.  

Define “players”.  Able to overpay significantly for mid level talent?  Sure.  Attract top tier talent to compete for a title using the pitch of “come be part of a Collin Sexton and 32 year old Kevin Love superteam”?  Idk man, history’s not on our side there.

Just now, buno67 said:

Keep Clarkson. I want to see what he could do without Lebron. I think he should have a good year for us

He’s a volume scorer, nothing more.

Maybe one day he’s as good as what JR used to be.  His ceiling is Jamal Crawford. 

That guy doesn’t move the needle in terms of winning a ring.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s a volume scorer, nothing more.

Maybe one day he’s as good as what JR used to be.  His ceiling is Jamal Crawford. 

That guy doesn’t move the needle in terms of winning a ring.

Yep. Clarkson is the perfect type of guy you want for a tank. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck