Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

12 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:
12 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

It’s gotta be RJ right?

I think Zion could overtake him. Barrett was kinda the consensus going into the season, and while he flashed in Duke's first game tonight, Zion stole the show.

I've heard people say Williamson could be a bit of a tweener, but if he continues to get to the rim this easily, make great passes and put on a defensive clinic, I could definitely see him going #1.

The way RJ Barret moves on the court reminds me of Evan Turner who had a smooth game in college.  He needs to improve on his outside game.  If the Cavaliers were to draft him I would hope he would have a much better career.  In regards to Zion, he honestly reminds me of Larry Johnson.  Thick build, athletic, and can throw down some serious dunks.  For being listed at 6-7, 287 pounds, he looks light on his feet & doesn't look fat.  If he can consistently shoot the mid-range jumper and keep his weight from being an issue, he could possibly be very special.

Peace!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Anthony Bennett was supposed to be Larry Johnson 

thats worries me 

Come on. Bennett was a relative unknown until after the draft process began.

Zion is just on a whole nother level. Perhaps they have similar skillsets, but while Bennett was a surprise at #1, Zion will not be, and that's with good reason. Dude has been the most hyped up high school basketball player since LeBron, and he's gonna continue to show why.

49 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Come on. Bennett was a relative unknown until after the draft process began.

Zion is just on a whole nother level. Perhaps they have similar skillsets, but while Bennett was a surprise at #1, Zion will not be, and that's with good reason. Dude has been the most hyped up high school basketball player since LeBron, and he's gonna continue to show why.

To add to this, Bennett had a reputation for being incredibly soft and lazy.

Not many athletes can overcome that tbh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cortes02 said:

The way RJ Barret moves on the court reminds me of Evan Turner who had a smooth game in college.  He needs to improve on his outside game.  If the Cavaliers were to draft him I would hope he would have a much better career.  In regards to Zion, he honestly reminds me of Larry Johnson.  Thick build, athletic, and can throw down some serious dunks.  For being listed at 6-7, 287 pounds, he looks light on his feet & doesn't look fat.  If he can consistently shoot the mid-range jumper and keep his weight from being an issue, he could possibly be very special.

Peace!!!

I don’t really see the Evan Turner comparison, to me Barrett looks like a slightly less athletic Demar Derozan with a better jump shot. Zion is a match up nightmare, with he size,athleticism, and developing skill set he’s going to be unstoppable on offense. Also don’t sleep on Cam Reddish dude is close to 6’10 with a 7 foot wingspan, can shoot it from deep, handle and pass like a guard, and has the potential to be really good defensively. In no particular order those 3 should be the first 3 picks in next years draft 

7 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Peace!!!

Larry Johnson would have been a monster in today’s NBA. His UNLV teams were freaking nuts.

That Bennett draft was just garbage. Cavs took the 2nd biggest gamble. The biggest gamble of that draft would have been taking Greek Freak #1. He was such an unknown, no teams wanted to take hIm early. Bennett had a high ceiling but had a pitt as a floor. That was such an awful draft.

At least this year looks to be an amazing draft class. Sexton has been disappointing this year so far but it’s still early and he is still young. I thought he be slightly better at being a distributor. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

That Bennett draft was just garbage. Cavs took the 2nd biggest gamble. The biggest gamble of that draft would have been taking Greek Freak #1. He was such an unknown, no teams wanted to take hIm early. Bennett had a high ceiling but had a pitt as a floor. That was such an awful draft.

At least this year looks to be an amazing draft class. Sexton has been disappointing this year so far but it’s still early and he is still young. I thought he be slightly better at being a distributor. 

thats what he has to learn, but hes got time

I do like Reddish he's got playmaking skills that would be a nice fit next to Sexton. Zion I just dont know what he's going to do hes a really talented wild card

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck