Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

22 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

And those teams are continuing to get better. The Indians FO is sitting and staring the the white board right now. They half-*** went for it and traded our best prospect for a couple pen arms then ownership had hard-capped their spending. Brantley is gone and our terrible offense takes a big hit. I really will not be surprised if multiple of Kluber, Carlos, Gomes, Kipnis, Bauer, Alonso and Edwin are in different uniforms next year.

This was a team that had a shot, a very real shot to win it all and the FO couldn't pull themselves together to go for it. Now, we have to understand it is the world of small market baseball but it can still be frustrating.

But the Cavs need to take the small market baseball approach now. Once you have concluded there is no chance, you have to sell and asset you have for future assets and build a 5 year plan

Kipnis and Edwin for sure are gone after next season. Unless they resign for cheap. 

It all depends on who they get in return when they trade a pitching arm or two. 

They will trade one of Kluber or Cookie tho. Hopefully they make an attempt of a run in 2020 when they have more money to spend cause Kip and Edwin is off the books and one of the salaries of Kluber or Cookie isn’t on payroll. 

Yean sucks they traded Mejia but he was being such a stubborn player. He prolly be a starting corner OF right now if he was willing to switch positions. 

5 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Did anyone else watch the Maui Invitational games last night? 

Duke looked great, of course.  But Gonzaga looks like they might give them trouble and Rui Hachimura looks like he is the MVP of the tournament.  A tough kid that is still developing his jumper and 3.

Might give them trouble now but Duke,barring injuries, should win the title. Give their three stud freshmen an entire season to get ready for the tourney, they should dominate 

7 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

I really will not be surprised if multiple of Kluber, Carlos, Gomes, Kipnis, Bauer, Alonso and Edwin are in different uniforms next year.

I would love to see them trade Kluber for a bunch, and find a way to rid themselves of Kipnis.

Kluber's value already is on the wrong side of his peak, imho.

Now is the time to cash in, or end up in another Salazar condundrum.

“Hope clouds observation.”

― Frank Herbert, Dune

They could have dealt Salazar for a boatload before he nose-dived but hoped and didn't.

They can get a boatload now for Kluber or hang onto him, hope and watch him decline.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

I would love to see them trade Kluber for a bunch, and find a way to rid themselves of Kipnis.

Kluber's value already is on the wrong side of his peak, imho.

Now is the time to cash in, or end up in another Salazar condundrum.

“Hope clouds observation.”

― Frank Herbert, Dune

They could have dealt Salazar for a boatload before he nose-dived but hoped and didn't.

They can get a boatload now for Kluber or hang onto him, hope and watch him decline.

it would have taken balls to trade Salazar. Dude was playing lights out. He was playin great and had a super friendly contract. At the time, the Indians had prolly the best 3 man staff in Kluber, Cookie, and Danny. Bauer still had his own issues. Who would have thought Salazar would have turned into a total head case 

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It would have to be a real haul to trade Kluber. Aces aren’t easy find and can go strong well into their 30s. That’s unpredictable. If the value is too much to pass up, fine. Just lock Bauer up and somehow unload Kipnis please. 

All moves will be to set up for 2020. 

No one will trade for Kipnis. You just have to hope after finally being healthy for entire season compared to the previous 2, that he can spend the offseason training and not rehabbing and it being a contract year that he comes back to that ‘14-‘15 form. He walks at the end of the season along with Edwin. 

Aces are hard to come buy but the Indians have two who can potentially lead the staff. Hell Bauer was the ace last year. I just want Kluber trade for a stud outfielder. 

Bauer won’t sign long term, he has stated he wants to play on 1yr deals. Said if he ever signs a long term deal now, he will let his best friend shoot him in the nuts with a paint ball gun 

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

I did.

Warning signs were there were. 

Hope clouded observation, no doubt in part due to fiscal considerations.

What warning signs? Up to the ‘16 season and that injury, I don’t remember ever hearing issues with him. Afterwards yea but prior no

21 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

And those teams are continuing to get better. The Indians FO is sitting and staring the the white board right now. They half-*** went for it and traded our best prospect for a couple pen arms then ownership had hard-capped their spending. Brantley is gone and our terrible offense takes a big hit. I really will not be surprised if multiple of Kluber, Carlos, Gomes, Kipnis, Bauer, Alonso and Edwin are in different uniforms next year.

This was a team that had a shot, a very real shot to win it all and the FO couldn't pull themselves together to go for it. Now, we have to understand it is the world of small market baseball but it can still be frustrating.

But the Cavs need to take the small market baseball approach now. Once you have concluded there is no chance, you have to sell and asset you have for future assets and build a 5 year plan

Can’t lie I’m angry that we’ve not taken advantage of the best pitching staff the Indians have had since I’ve been alive. Same thing happened in the 90s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can’t lie I’m angry that we’ve not taken advantage of the best pitching staff the Indians have had since I’ve been alive. Same thing happened in the 90s. 

And before bones goes all buno on me, I meant we badly needed pitching in the 90s and they never went out of their way to secure any. Opposite of now. 

15 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It would have to be a real haul to trade Kluber. Aces aren’t easy find and can go strong well into their 30s. That’s unpredictable. If the value is too much to pass up, fine. Just lock Bauer up and somehow unload Kipnis please. 

I don't think they'll be able to lock up Bauer.  I've read statements from him that he'll only sign 1 year deals during his career.  Not sure if he was kidding or not, but with someone that is as eccentric as he is, he might be thinking that way.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck