Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Saves about 4 millionish as of now, but he could always be moved for a big turd of a contract/player with picks attached too.

We’re 17M over the cap. This doesn’t open up any money take on a bigger contract. Unless we add one of our big contracts. Which we could have done regardless of the Korver trade. The only thing this does is take us 4M under the luxury tax. 

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’re 17M over the cap. This doesn’t open up any money take on a bigger contract. Unless we add one of our big contracts. Which we could have done regardless of the Korver trade. The only thing this does is take us 4M under the luxury tax. 

Jesus I didn’t realize we were still over the cap after LBJ left... Guess I forgot about Hill, Love’s extension, TT, Smith, etc.  Christ this is an expensive and crappy roster lol.

Cant you take 125% of the deal going out, even if you’re over?

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Jesus I didn’t realize we were still over the cap after LBJ left... Guess I forgot about Hill, Love’s extension, TT, Smith, etc.  Christ this is an expensive and crappy roster lol.

Although Hill, Smith, TT, Clarkson, Burks all come off the books by next year. Only Love, Sexton, Nance, and Zizic are under contract for the '20 season. And I hope that we can move Love by then in which we would only have about $20 million on the books. Just have to be smart and not try to bring in any bad contracts/sign role players past next year and we could have room for 2 max deals

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

These are the top 6 paid players on the roster (all numbers are according to spotrac).  Hill, TT, and Smith all need moved. Although TT might have to wait until after the season.  Burks should be an easy move. 

Player (14)
Signed Using
Base Salary
Trade Kicker
Likely Incent.
Dead Cap
Cap Figure
Cap %
LoveKevin Love 30 C Bird $24,119,025 - - ($144,521,197) $24,119,025      20.15
HillGeorge Hill 32 PG Cap Space $19,000,000 - - ($20,000,000) $19,000,000   15.88
ThompsonTristan Thompson 27 C Bird $17,469,565 - - ($36,008,695) $17,469,565   14.60
SmithJ.R. Smith 33 SG Bird $14,720,000 - - ($18,590,000) $14,720,000   12.30
ClarksonJordan Clarkson 26 PG Early Bird $12,500,000 - - ($25,937,500) $12,500,000   10.45
BurksAlec Burks 27 SG Bird $11,286,515 - $250,000 ($11,536,515) $11,536,515

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Although Hill, Smith, TT, Clarkson, Burks all come off the books by next year. Only Love, Sexton, Nance, and Zizic are under contract for the '20 season. And I hope that we can move Love by then in which we would only have about $20 million on the books. Just have to be smart and not try to bring in any bad contracts/sign role players past next year and we could have room for 2 max deals

I don’t mind bringing on bad deals if picks are attached.

I don’t care about being able to sign max deals either tbh, Cleveland has never been a landing spot for top free agents sans LBJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you’re 10M over tthe tax you have to trade dollar for dollar I believe. So I think we can as long as the deal isn’t too large. 

I think we need to call Memphis about parsons. See if they’ll give us an unprotected first for him and we give them hill and jr. 

• Like 2

Burks played well today. He will be a good trade asset.

Cedi needs a lot of work. Hopefully he can tighten up his handles as well as getting out of his head. You could see he was beating himself up as he was running back after a few missed shot late 3rd or early fourth. Also kid needs some rest. Hopefully Nwaba coming back will give him someone to spell him. 

Sexton has such a long way to go as a passer and learning how to play the game

What exactly does Larry Nance do. He is not a threat to score unless its a pick and roll. However we dont have good PnR players. I like the guy but if he cant start shooting 3s, I just dont see what paying him 10 mil per does for the team. 

For the love of god I cant wait for Rodney Hood to be a FA. 

Fortunately we have some valuable contracts to trade

Wash: George Hill, JR Smith and Alec Burks, 2nd
Cle: Otto Porter Jr, Ian Mahinmi and unprotected 2018 first

They can clear 42 mil in salary just as KD becomes a FA. We can get a potential lottery pick from them this year since they blow.

Next year. 

PG: Sexton // Clarkson

SG: Barrett // Nwaba

SF: Porter Jr // Osman

PF: Love // Nance Jr

C: Thompson // Mahinmi // Lottery Center (Was pick)

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck