Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I’d take him in a heartbeat. He’s going to be good. 

If he played for a big program say duke unc Kansas Kentucky he prolly be talked about more for #1. Hell he might be that anyways 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

If he played for a big program say duke unc Kansas Kentucky he prolly be talked about more for #1. Hell he might be that anyways 

I was thinking the same thing but I don’t think I’d go that far, Zion is REALLY good in his own right. 

There is no offensive flow or offensive rhythm with RJ Barrett and Collin Sexton dominating the ball. They are both really good players with great/valuable skill  but not a good fit as the advanced analytics reflect that they are close to the top at disrupting offensive pace, times the ball touches other hands, drastic decrease in teammate offensive RPM and movement, halt hockey assists, the number of one man dribbles is as high.

Barrett is a blinders on lack of awareness pure scorer that can only use one hand. His assist numbers are apparitions and don't reflect injecting energy, life, flow, rhythm, creativity, inspiring team ball movement and playmaking like Ja Morant's assist numbers do.

Ja is the only player in college basketball history to average 20 points and 10 assists per game over an entire season. Think about that.

Two great scoring, slashing combo guards... one an elite facilitator.

I'm All in on the Ja Morant-Collin Sexton pairing.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

There is no offensive flow or offensive rhythm with RJ Barrett and Collin Sexton dominating the ball. They are both really good players with great/valuable skill  but not a good fit as the advanced analytics reflect that they are close to the top at disrupting offensive pace, times the ball touches other hands, drastic decrease in teammate offensive RPM and movement, halt hockey assists, the number of one man dribbles is as high.

Barrett is a blinders on lack of awareness pure scorer that can only use one hand. His assist numbers are apparitions and don't reflect injecting energy, life, flow, rhythm, creativity, inspiring team ball movement and playmaking like Ja Morant's assist numbers do.

Ja is the only player in college basketball history to average 20 points and 10 assists per game over an entire season. Think about that.

It would be very Portland-esque with undersized backcourt.

I would add if we are okay with an undersized backcourt and get the number 1, draft Zion and then use expirings and future assests to get Conley from Memphis.

Edited by ohiogenius
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I wouldn’t call Morant an elite facilitator. He’s willing but he has 5 turnovers a game. He’s got a lot of work to do there. Very Westbrookish with his passing. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I wouldn’t call Morant an elite facilitator. He’s willing but he has 5 turnovers a game. He’s got a lot of work to do there. Very Westbrookish with his passing. 

He turns it over a lot but I think a lot is due to him as a scorer. His passing is absolutely filthy. Way better potential as a passer than Westbrook. He'll get the turnovers under control at next level when he plays with more talent and gets more room.

I think Ja and Zion are 1st team NBA/HoF Potential players.

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Morant gives me a D Wade vibe offensively. His defense needs work still. However, I like his effort.

I get that same feeling. His  stat line last night was just crazy! 17pts 16ast 11 rebs. First triple double in a tourney game since ‘12. JA can be a stud 1, Collins would be a very undersized 2 guard that already struggles with defense. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

How can you not call him an elite facilitator? Avg 10.4 assist a game. 

Also he has 2 other teammates with a TOV% above 20% and those two had it higher than him. Leads to me like it possibly could be some of his teammates faults at creating the turnovers. I don’t think his TOs are strictly bad or irresponsible passing. 

If the Cavs are picking #2 he has to be the pick and they have to look on how to upgrade to a better and true 2guard