Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Only 1 more year of bad contracts (except K Love). Then the era of paying Lebrons buddies is over. Just hope Dan doesn’t get impulsive again and offer a stupid contract to a Jordan Clarkson.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/CLE.html

You god damn know he will. 

And probably hire Chauncey billups as his HC

46 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Only 1 more year of bad contracts (except K Love). Then the era of paying Lebrons buddies is over. Just hope Dan doesn’t get impulsive again and offer a stupid contract to a Jordan Clarkson.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/CLE.html

I mean, we won a title paying his buddies, can’t say I’m too upset about it.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, we won a title paying his buddies, can’t say I’m too upset about it.

also what was the other option? It was literally let the player walk and get no player that could play as well for a min contract or resign and over pay.

After that first year the Cavs were over the cap and they had to use the bird rights. Yeah it sucked over paying but it was needed

Edited by buno67
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

also what was the other option? It was literally let the player walk and get no player that could play as well for a min contract or resign and over pay.

After that first year the Cavs were over the cap and they had to use the bird rights. Yeah it sucked over paying but it was needed

Yeah somehow people forget this (not folks her necessarily).

It wasn’t TT or JR vs some other FA being offered the same deal.  It was them or a player for the vet minimum.

There was no choice and everyone knew it, including JR, TT and their agents.  And the Cavs.  They were always gonna get paid, they had the leverage.

The LeBron drama is over. As a complete fan of the basketball player that is LBJ, his days of dominating the NBA are over. He's still an elite player, but he clearly cannot do the same things he did with us, the Heat, and then us again, at this current time. Plus he's on a terrible team and I can't imagine that organization being 1-2 players away from being great. LeBron chose a sinking ship to finish his basketball career on. So dumb of him. I totally understood him leaving. To go build a superteam to compete against the Warriors!!!! Instead he goes to a Lakers squad that is comprised of turd sandwiches and giant douches. ZERO outside shooting on a team where your best player constantly forces collapses on his drives. What the eff did people expect was going to happen?

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

The LeBron drama is over. As a complete fan of the basketball player that is LBJ, his days of dominating the NBA are over. He's still an elite player, but he clearly cannot do the same things he did with us, the Heat, and then us again, at this current time. Plus he's on a terrible team and I can't imagine that organization being 1-2 players away from being great. LeBron chose a sinking ship to finish his basketball career on. So dumb of him. I totally understood him leaving. To go build a superteam to compete against the Warriors!!!! Instead he goes to a Lakers squad that is comprised of turd sandwiches and giant douches. ZERO outside shooting on a team where your best player constantly forces collapses on his drives. What the eff did people expect was going to happen?

I think their lack of success this year is more attributable to the talent in the west than anything else. He’s still the best player on the planet, but that alone won’t get you a playoff spot out there.  In the east it gives you home court in the first round.

LeBron left for reasons outside of basketball as much as for basketball.  LA may still prove to be enticing to free agents, we’ll see. I just think family life (wife and kids apparently love SoCal) and life after basketball (entertainment industry) had a big part in the decision.

Good for him though, dude let me experience my first ring, I wish him nothing but the best.

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

LeBron is getting what he deserves this year. Fake Ohioan. Would be fine with five more years of that in LA. 

Why though?  He’s the only Ohioan to ever win a ring for your squads.  

I mean, Ohio’s ok, better than a lot of places, but if I had half a billion dollars or whatever he does, I’m not sure this is where I’d want to live.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why though?  He’s the only Ohioan to ever win a ring for your squads.  

I mean, Ohio’s ok, better than a lot of places, but if I had half a billion dollars or whatever he does, I’m not sure this is where I’d want to live.

I wish Lebron well, but Nate is kinda right. Lebron knew he was only going to LA for things outside of basketball.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think their lack of success this year is more attributable to the talent in the west than anything else. He’s still the best player on the planet, but that alone won’t get you a playoff spot out there.  In the east it gives you home court in the first round.

LeBron left for reasons outside of basketball as much as for basketball.  LA may still prove to be enticing to free agents, we’ll see. I just think family life (wife and kids apparently love SoCal) and life after basketball (entertainment industry) had a big part in the decision.

Good for him though, dude let me experience my first ring, I wish him nothing but the best.

The Lakers are 10-18 vs the East and 21-23 vs the West. Playing in the East would almost certainly mean more losses not less. 

49 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Although the cavs have been complete trash and irrelevant I’m enjoying the break from then. Follow them daily with lebron was stressful. My productivity between the hours of 7-10pm have gone up dramatically. 

More time to focus on the Browns as well. Which that’s going to make my blood pressure sky rocket once we actually have expectations.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck