Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, Wulfgard said:

I never said the East was stronger. You said having Lebron would give the Lakers home court advantage if they played in the East. Given the Lakers record vs the East that's highly unlikely. If anything playing vs the East more would likely mean a worse record for the Lakers. You're the one moving goalposts, not me.

At this point we should just drop it since it has nothing to do with the Cavs.

My original point was never about the Lakers and the how they’d fair in the east, it was that he should have never left the East in the first place.

Any team he joined in the East (within reason is in the playoffs), including the Cavs.

26 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s just a front runner in a general sense. Yankees, Cowboys, UNC bball fan growing up. I don’t need him hopping aboard the local bandwagons when things start getting interesting. I wasn’t really even referring to him leaving the Land. But yes he’s shown frontrunning tendencies long before this move to LAL. I don’t want to see that dude showing up to a Browns playoff game. 

I don’t disagree there.  

If you’re a Cowboys and Yankees fan, be that, but don’t show up to Tribe and Browns games “supporting” the home team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Sexton isn't a point guard. Team needs someone else to run the offense. His future might be as a combo guard playing 30 minutes off bench backing up the #1 and #2 spots.

I agree.

I don’t know if he’s ever going to be a core guy that you try to build a “bid 3” with, but he’s solid player who has a spot in the league on a contending team.  

We’ll see how he develops though, he’s still young as hell.  

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My original point was never about the Lakers and the how they’d fair in the east, it was that he should have never left the East in the first place.

Any team he joined in the East (within reason is in the playoffs), including the Cavs.

I think he'd have made any team a playoff contender except the Lakers. The Lakers were probably the worst fit for his skillset in the NBA and they have incompetitant and ineffective leadership. He didnt go there to win though. He went there to relax and enjoy the twilight of his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

I think he'd have made any team a playoff contender except the Lakers. The Lakers were probably the worst fit for his skillset in the NBA and they have incompetitant and ineffective leadership. He didnt go there to win though. He went there to relax and enjoy the twilight of his career.

It makes me wonder if Lebrons laker years will be viewed in the same light that MJs retired years were.

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Idk, I have to think he thought they’d be able to reload with guys like Anthony Davis (which nearly happened) and LA would be a bigger draw for other stars than Cleveland.

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah somehow people forget this (not folks her necessarily).

It wasn’t TT or JR vs some other FA being offered the same deal.  It was them or a player for the vet minimum.

There was no choice and everyone knew it, including JR, TT and their agents.  And the Cavs.  They were always gonna get paid, they had the leverage.

People say Lebron forced them to get paid and that he forced the team to over pay for them. Well the agent was just extremely smart and knew the situation and got the most money for them. Paul knew the team was going to pay. 

Cavs did not want to pay JR Smith that kind of contract but there was no way they could replace him with a vet min contract player 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I'm telling you guys Culver may end up being the best player from this draft

I might take him over Morant and RJ honestly. Once he fills out and matures he is going to be a stud

I think I have him #3 over RJ, tough call though. He definitely plays smarter and more instinctual but doesn't have the scoring instincts. I'm interested what he measures at. Hes defniitely bigger than the 6'5'' hes measured at. Maybe 6'9'' or so.

Really like his game. Potential beast when he bulks up.

• Like 1

Bulls shut down Lauri Markkanen with reports that Lavine and Otto Porter are next. Full on tank at the worst time for the Cavs. Only 2 games separate us ... the cavs ... sexton playing like their lives depend on it with effort in some games means we likely fall to the dreaded 4th lottery odds spot ... hopefully the new lottery odds still allow us to get in the top 3.

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Bulls shut down Lauri Markkanen with reports that Lavine and Otto Porter are next. Full on tank at the worst time for the Cavs. Only 2 games separate us ... the cavs ... sexton playing like their lives depend on it with effort in some games means we likely fall to the dreaded 4th lottery odds spot ... hopefully the new lottery odds still allow us to get in the top 3.

Thu, Mar 28 8:30 PM    
Sat, Mar 30 3:30 PM    
Mon, Apr 1 10:00 PM
NBATV

Thu, Apr 4 10:00 PM    
Fri, Apr 5 10:30 PM    
Sun, Apr 7 3:00 PM  

Tue, Apr 9

vsCharlotte Charlotte
I don't think I see more than two wins on the remaining schedule, even so, at the most.  Here's hoping. 
Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:
Thu, Mar 28 8:30 PM    
Sat, Mar 30 3:30 PM    
Mon, Apr 1 10:00 PM
NBATV

Thu, Apr 4 10:00 PM    
Fri, Apr 5 10:30 PM    
Sun, Apr 7 3:00 PM  

Tue, Apr 9

vsCharlotteCharlotte
I don't think I see more than two wins on the remaining schedule, even so, at the most.  Here's hoping. 

I see 4 or 5 wins ... the last 3 games we'll face the 2nd team's of the Warriors, Spurs, and Hornets as they will rest all of their starters before the playoffs. With our starters back, depth, and pride we'll win those games. 

We'll beat the Suns outright. That's 4 wins. Sacramento is a toss up.

The Bulls have

Without Lauri, Otto, Lavine .. their 2nd team is one of the worst in the nba.
They'll lose to almost everyone. They'll lose to Toronto and split the final two games with New York (although I wounldnt be shocked given how terrible their backups are if they lose out). This is who they played with yesterday.

PG SHAQUILLE HARRISON

SG BRANDON SAMPSON // ANTONIO BLAKENEY

SF WAYNE SELDEN // TIMOTHE LUWAWU-CABARROT

PF CRISTIANO FELICIO

C ROBIN LOPEZ

That Team maybe wins 1 game maybe maybe 2. Likely none. They lose out and if we win 2 games because their 1.5 back then we're screwed.

They are epic tanking at the perfect time. 

It sucks, I'd bet good money that they win 1 game at most, but we win at least 3 down the stretch.

Edited by Mind Character

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck