Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 4/3/2019 at 5:50 PM, candyman93 said:

I disagree slightly, look at guys like Okafor, Parker, and a guy I feel is overrated in Jayson Tatum, but I will give Tatum time. They’re all soft and it’s the Duke culture. 

Kyrie is the only guy to have real success in the NBA.

Wow, how quickly they forget. Upon returning from a suspension in the Toronto series, I believe Mr. Dahntay Jones played some key minutes in game 6 for our Cavs and was anything but soft.   Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think Lebron regarded Shane Battier as a soft teammate on the Heat championship teams.  (And yes I know they are role players and not stars.)  But I also think they both stuck in the league for a lot of years getting the most out of their ability without being god-like athletes.

Edited by mrpazzo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The Cavaliers have pretty much locked up a top three worst record now. I do think that the lottery will probably get rigged for the Knicks to have the first pick this year and get Zion however. 

Hot take:

I'd rather have Ja than Zion

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hot take:

I'd rather have Ja than Zion

Not that hot of a take in today’s NBA.

Zion is definitely the bigger name and will bring in the buzz so it would just make sense for the Knicks to have the first pick. Picking second might be ideal. RJ Barrett territory is Purgatory however.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Turn on the TV, radio, hot take guys, and it's "ZION ZION ZION ZION ZION". 

I want this guy:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-1.gif

Hot take from a media standpoint maybe. But not from an intelligent fan standpoint. I would take Zion on my team. But this is a superstar league in an 82 game regular season. Ja projects much more easily as the Westbrook type, whereas Zion would fall more in the Blake Griffin role. 

Read this set of trades online, which has me wondering, is this draft any good in the 10-12 range

Trade 1

• Cleveland Gets: Wiggins, Minnesota Lottery Pick
  • Minnesota Gets: Knight and Henson

Trade 2

• Cleveland Gets: Marvin Williams, MKG, Charlotte Lottery Pick
  • Charlotte Gets: Clarkson, TT, #24 (Houston Pick)

PG: Sexton // Delly

SG: Nwaba // Wiggins

SF: Cedi // Williams // MKG

PF: Love // Nance Jr

C: Zizic

With a top 3 pick and two lottery picks

We would have that Wiggins albatross contract but that would expire around the time Sexton or any of this years lottery picks need to be resigned. Plus we have 50 mil coming off the cap at then end of next season. Not that many FAs are lining up to sign with Cleveland. I think Wiggins can replace Clarkson's scoring.

• Like 1