Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Mediocrity

I like DeAndre Hunter from Virginia.

The dude plays elite defense on the 2/3/4 positions, is a great athlete, and has a great jump shot. He's not much of an offensive ball dominant player, but who cares? He's a spot-up shooter with elite versatility defensively. He'd be nice to have with Sexton, assuming we run more pick & rolls where Hunter spots up in the corner.

Sexton
Clarkson
Hunter
Love
Thompson

That's before trades and FA, but it's not a bad look conceptually. Love on pick & roll/pops with Hunter and Clarkson spotted up in the corners. Tristan could also be the PnR guy for Clarkson or Sexton.

We need a real defensive stopper. We haven't had one in freaking ages.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

The dude plays elite defense on the 2/3/4 positions, is a great athlete, and has a great jump shot. He's not much of an offensive ball dominant player, but who cares? He's a spot-up shooter with elite versatility defensively. He'd be nice to have with Sexton, assuming we run more pick & rolls where Hunter spots up in the corner.

Sexton
Clarkson
Hunter
Love
Thompson

That's before trades and FA, but it's not a bad look conceptually. Love on pick & roll/pops with Hunter and Clarkson spotted up in the corners. Tristan could also be the PnR guy for Clarkson or Sexton.

I agree and think hes the logical check the boxes pick. Hes going to be a really good player. I think his offensive upside is underrated too. I don't think hes ever a #1 or #2 option but I think hes going to be an uber efficient inside/outside guy. I think he can be a better year 3/4 Kawhi Leonard type player.

Okc is shopping Adams and Robinson. They want to get under the tax. I’d love to have Adams. Roberson would be the tax we’d have to take on to get him and that might not be a bad thing. He might be the best defender in the game. Love and jr for Adams Roberson and a pick would be a good move. 

1 hour ago, CBrownsman said:

I was worried when the lakers had the pick that he was the perfect choice for them.  Now I worry that Atlanta is going to jump us and take him in front of us.  Hunter is my guy and I hope we land him.

Man Hunter has such a low ceiling man 

I’m going with Culver or Reddish 

he’ll I’d take Nassir Little over Hunter

when Hunter was a freshman no one even knew he existed 

hes just older. Comparably I think those players as juniors would eclipse where Hunter is right now 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, brownie man said:

hes just older. Comparably I think those players as juniors would eclipse where Hunter is right now 

So that means he has a low ceiling?

Bruh...

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Sexton
Clarkson
Hunter
Love
Thompson

As I said awhile ago he reminds me of Kawhi 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, brownie man said:

He's slightly older who cares. His defense is amazing, he can guard multiple positions, rebound, and hit shots. He plays extremely smart and within the flow of an offense.

Hunter will be a good player on offense, defense, and the glass. He's probably not an allstar but nobody probably is at 5. Hes going to be a good starting player who contributes to winning basketball. I'm not sure Cam Reddish will be a top 10 player on any team in the NBA for 2 years.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Okc is shopping Adams and Robinson. They want to get under the tax. I’d love to have Adams. Roberson would be the tax we’d have to take on to get him and that might not be a bad thing. He might be the best defender in the game. Love and jr for Adams Roberson and a pick would be a good move. 

I wanted Adams badly in that draft. But what’s he give us?  He’s a damned treadmill piece for us right now. 

• Like 1