Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

52 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Windler will either come off the bench and make an impact shooting the ball right away, or he won't cut it in the NBA.  He's very skilled but he's only played scrubs and he's 23.

Looks like a much more athletic Tyler Zeller.

Still learning the game and with a frame he can build out.

Oh, 23...no doubt will be needing a walker, soon.

I like the pick.

• Like 1

Really strong draft by Kolby Altman and Co. Windler and Porter Jr. were great gambles late round 1. We needed 3pt shooting and spacing badly and got it with all 3 picks. We have a lot of scoring and now can stretch the floor. Porter Jr. has some juice and is unbelievably dynamic. Hopefully he buys in and can keep his mind healthy. 

What we lack is a player that can create for others at an above average level, defensive length and defensive stop ability, and rim protection.

-----------------------

Core Foundation Roster W/O Upcoming Expiring Contracts:

CG: Darius Garland

CG: Collin Sexton; Dylan Windler

SG/SF: Cedi Osman; Kevin Porter Jr.

PF: Kevin Love

C: Larry Nance Jr.; Ante Zizic

2020 Expiring Contracts: Matthew Dellavadova (a valuable expiring contract the following year at 9mil+); Brandon Knight (a valuable expiring contract the following year at 15mil+); Jordan Clarkson (a valuable expiring contract the following year at 13mil+); Tristan Thompson (a valuable expiring contract the following year at 18mil+);

Edited by Mind Character

I like the potential on this draft. 

Looking at the current roster make up, this team really lacks a distributor still though. I wouldn’t mind seeing this team really look around the NBA rosters for a veteran pass-first garden. Ultimately it would be nice if one of these young kids would really add this element/general floor vision/awareness to their game.

I like what they did though with what was out there. 

I like the pieces we have, but we are gonna be terrible again next year. The pieces in of themselves are solid, but they don’t fit together. We have no distributor as @NateDawg said, but where the eff is our defense gonna come from? We literally have 0 players who are even “good” on defense. This could be the worst defensive team in NBA history. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I like the pieces we have, but we are gonna be terrible again next year. The pieces in of themselves are solid, but they don’t fit together. We have no distributor as @NateDawg said, but where the eff is our defense gonna come from? We literally have 0 players who are even “good” on defense. This could be the worst defensive team in NBA history. 

Yeah the distribution and the defense are both serious question marks. Like really rough. 

I am also interested in seeing how Garland and Sexton function together.