Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, Raves said:

Why do we need Capela when we already have Nance, Henson, Zizic, and Thompson all under contract?  Before the draft I would've wanted Gordon though.

Wait, are you being serious? Why would we trade for a young prime all star level center when we already have a bunch of bench guys who play is position? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Wait, are you being serious? Why would we trade for a young prime all star level center when we already have a bunch of bench guys who play is position? 

Capela would be a waste on our roster. He's great in Houston surrounded by supreme talent. It'd be an overpay for sure. I wouldn't hate it, but I don't think he's anywhere near as good as the numbers might suggest.

Absolutely no to trading future 1st round picks for Capela. I'd be down to get him, but not at the cost of 1st rounders, even if they're projected to be relatively late ones. We need to hoard draft picks like crazy and completely overhaul this garbage team.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Capela would be a waste on our roster. He's great in Houston surrounded by supreme talent. It'd be an overpay for sure. I wouldn't hate it, but I don't think he's anywhere near as good as the numbers might suggest.

Absolutely no to trading future 1st round picks for Capela. I'd be down to get him, but not at the cost of 1st rounders, even if they're projected to be relatively late ones. We need to hoard draft picks like crazy and completely overhaul this garbage team.

You haven’t seen capela play I’m assuming..he’s an elite defensive big. I’m not suggesting you trade an unprotected first for him. But he’s not a waste on our roster. We need a superstar defensive player. He is that. I don’t know how that would be a waste on any team. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

I would trade JR, Zizic, and 2021 MIL 1st for Capela

We would be crazy to say no to this. Essentially trading a late first rounder for a stud defense rib protector/lob catcher. Would be perfect a fit next to Love and would help hide the terrible perimeter defense we are bound to have. I understand it hurts the tank/rebuilt but dam..

Garland

Sexton

Cedi

Love

Capela

Bench: Clarkson, Nance, TT, Windler KPJ

One can dream right?

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There’s no need to tank at this point, the new lottery system doesn’t reward it.

Capela is a very good defensive big who rebounds well also.  Improving as a shooter every year.

He’s exactly the type of defense anchor this team needs.

Exactly. You can win between 30-40 games and still land a potential top5 pick. 

I would love to get Capela and sign Stanley Johnson. Those two would greatly improve team defense. 

I doubt the Cavs will want to add Capela’s contract. 

I keep hearing they want to get out of the luxury so they can end the repeater clause. I think if they can get out of the luxury repeater this season, the following season they might be willing to eat some big contracts. I just think they don’t want that repeater multiplayer to be in play when they aren’t trying to win or truly compete just yet

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Exactly. You can win between 30-40 games and still land a potential top5 pick. 

I would love to get Capela and sign Stanley Johnson. Those two would greatly improve team defense. 

I doubt the Cavs will want to add Capela’s contract. 

I keep hearing they want to get out of the luxury so they can end the repeater clause. I think if they can get out of the luxury repeater this season, the following season they might be willing to eat some big contracts. I just think they don’t want that repeater multiplayer to be in play when they aren’t trying to win or truly compete just yet

If this trade were to go down, I'm pretty sure we could get under the tax by just waiving and stretching Thompson, though I think they would either try to find a team to take him on for pure cap space, or maybe taking back a smaller expiring that we could then waive & stretch or buyout w/ Stretch.

19 minutes ago, Raves said:

If this trade were to go down, I'm pretty sure we could get under the tax by just waiving and stretching Thompson, though I think they would either try to find a team to take him on for pure cap space, or maybe taking back a smaller expiring that we could then waive & stretch or buyout w/ Stretch.

Stretching someone with one year left on their deal is just about the worst thing you can do. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Stretching someone with one year left on their deal is just about the worst thing you can do. 

Agreed, but if you are wanting to make this trade, can't trade away the salaries, then stretching Thompson gets you there.  Just pointing out the possibilities to make it work.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There’s no need to tank at this point, the new lottery system doesn’t reward it.

Capela is a very good defensive big who rebounds well also.  Improving as a shooter every year.

He’s exactly the type of defense anchor this team needs.

I actually disagree. It still benefits teams to tank, that way you can only drop so far. Teams still majorly tanked despite the new rules, including the Cavs. 

I’m not normally one to say the lottery is fixed but this year it seemed really fixed. What’s his name sent a message to teams to not tank. But I guarantee you it won’t stop it.