Jump to content

Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Mediocrity


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Obi Toppin will be a great fit next to Garland. I think they would play off each other exceptionally well.

I don’t like the idea of an undersized big man when we’re already small. That’s why I don’t want him. 
 

EDIT:  Just looked it up and he’s listed at 6’9. Definitely thought he was gonna be like 6’6-6’7. 

Edited by BleedTheClock
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t like the idea of an undersized big man when we’re already small. That’s why I don’t want him. 
 

EDIT:  Just looked it up and he’s listed at 6’9. Definitely thought he was gonna be like 6’6-6’7. 

I don’t like the idea of drafting a big man at all. Wings and guards run the nba. Unless the big has all word talent then I’ll pass. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t like the idea of drafting a big man at all. Wings and guards run the nba. Unless the big has all word talent then I’ll pass. 

I'm fine getting a good big man. I think once we jettison Tristan and Love, we are obviously going to need more size and ability inside.

 

Our biggest need is a 3 & D wing. Obviously we aren't getting another LBJ, but we need someone that can be the dollar store version of him. Osman is so freaking out of control all of the time that it's hard to imagine him ever being a starter on a good team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'm fine getting a good big man. I think once we jettison Tristan and Love, we are obviously going to need more size and ability inside.

 

Our biggest need is a 3 & D wing. Obviously we aren't getting another LBJ, but we need someone that can be the dollar store version of him. Osman is so freaking out of control all of the time that it's hard to imagine him ever being a starter on a good team.

We’re not contending anytime soon. We don’t need a player to replace someone who is leaving. This team is still rebuilding. We need talent. Get the most talent perimeter player. You can always just sign a big in free agency. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We’re not contending anytime soon. We don’t need a player to replace someone who is leaving. This team is still rebuilding. We need talent. Get the most talent perimeter player. You can always just sign a big in free agency. 

Meh...I don't want to sign any FA's that aren't backups. They're always too expensive.

...and there aren't any great G/F prospects in the draft this year. It's Anthony Edwards (but he's a PG/SG hybrid, not a SF) and then a bunch of randoms.

LaMelo Ball is interesting, but he's a PG and we already have a slew of guys that can do what he would offer.

This is a draft where it makes sense to grab a big PF/C. I'd be all-in on Wiseman.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OhioG said:

unfortunately sga reportedly did not want to even work out for the Cavs

It wasn't the Cavs specifically. He got a promise suuuuper early in the process from the Clips, decided that's where he wanted to go, and shut everything down. Stopped doing private workouts with anyone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OhioG said:

unfortunately sga reportedly did not want to even work out for the Cavs

Indeed, you're right.

Prospects often shut-down their workouts whenever they get a promise.

However, the idea that we needed a workout in order to draft a guy is frustrating as many top prospects never workout or even meet with teams..

All the stories and buzz around Sexton were that he came into the workout when morale was down and "uplifted everyone and lit the whole organization up." Stories abounded about how Altman and Gilbert felt his electricity and loved his work ethic.

It was a feel good story, but really irrelevant when it comes to finding a longterm piece to build around.

Sexton's issues were always how he plays and sees the game when on the floor with others not how he looks in an individual or small group work-out.

We should've been confident selecting SGA workout or not, especially if the scouting was done right.

I loved Sexton's mentality and athleticism coming out, but he was never going to grow behind playing with blinders on and he was never going to a acquire a next level feel for the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...