Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Do not I repeat do not draft RJ Hampton anywhere in the first round!! Probably not even the second round. He has been playing for the NZ Breakers in the Australian pro basketball league the NBL. He is averaging a triple single against far inferior player’s and teams than what he will go up against in the NBA. He should be dominating this league if he has what it takes to be a top level NBA player 

19 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

John Beilein needs to go. I doubt he lasts the rest of the season.

Meanwhile Sexton is a freaking baller

I think Thompson is the most likely to get traded. Nance can fill his role anyway.

Beilein isn’t the issue. At all. This roster was doomed from the beginning. 2 undersized guards who don’t pass and can’t play defense with a front court that can’t block a shot and a “star” who moves like my grandma. The man knows basketball. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Beilein isn’t the issue. At all. This roster was doomed from the beginning. 2 undersized guards who don’t pass and can’t play defense with a front court that can’t block a shot and a “star” who moves like my grandma. The man knows basketball. 

Yeah, this team ain’t built to win games.

We don’t have a legit wing on the roster.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Bruh, Beilein is absolute trash. Anytime someone gets hot he sends them to the bench. Doesn’t know how to draw up a play at the end of games/overtime/quarters. Says stupid crap at the podium, blames everything on having a young team. Rotations are absolute garbage. He is in way over his head in the NBA. 

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not sure they are all that interested in winning games.

Seems more about developing the youngins and evaluating who to keep, imho.

I mean, probably.

Winning games isn’t easy when you have no talent or money as are dependent on draft picks to “save” you.

Pick the best kid in the draft, play them and see who you have and move them to make parts fit when you’re ready to try to compete.

We just aren’t there yet.

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Bruh, Beilein is absolute trash. Anytime someone gets hot he sends them to the bench. Doesn’t know how to draw up a play at the end of games/overtime/quarters. Says stupid crap at the podium, blames everything on having a young team. Rotations are absolute garbage. He is in way over his head in the NBA. 

Can't say as I disagree.

His concepts of matchups and his rotations at times are mind boggling.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Because he has a low post game...?

The dudes athletic af.

Is he? I think you might be overrating his athletic af'ness. 

But this particular question will have to wait until the combine. 

Til then...

Edited by Fatgerman

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not sure they are all that interested in winning games.

Seems more about developing the youngins and evaluating who to keep, imho.

Too bad the draft coming up is probably the worst level of top talent since the Anthony Bennett/Nerlens Noel draft way back when. 

I personally cant wait for the deadline just to see if we can get some more assets or another young guy off somebody elses roster just to shake it up. I would like to see guys like Dean Wade get more PT after the AllStar break just to see what we might have with extended looks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Too bad the draft coming up is probably the worst level of top talent since the Anthony Bennett/Nerlens Noel draft way back when. 

There are still a few.  I would take Wisemen in a heartbeat if I were the Cavs.  I hope he is on the board for us.

• Like 1

PSA: JB Bickerstaff is in charge of rotations since Beilein is new to the NBA. It was mentioned in one of the press conferences

JB seems to hate Cedi as he takes him out as hes getting hot or the team just ices him.

Our defense isnt bad when its Sexton - Porter Jr in the back court.

Unfortunately we keep trying to make SexLand happen. Garland is just going to struggle as a defender and putting Sexton at 2 is just unfair to the young bull.

6 hours ago, OhioG said:

PSA: JB Bickerstaff is in charge of rotations since Beilein is new to the NBA. It was mentioned in one of the press conferences

JB seems to hate Cedi as he takes him out as hes getting hot or the team just ices him.

Our defense isnt bad when its Sexton - Porter Jr in the back court.

Unfortunately we keep trying to make SexLand happen. Garland is just going to struggle as a defender and putting Sexton at 2 is just unfair to the young bull.

Well, we statistically have the worst 2 backcourt defenders ever....the Cavs really really really need to prioritize big lengthy wings and a rim protector. Having Sexton/Garland/Love on the court all at the same time is a disaster. They need to build like Raps/Blazers are built.

Blazers surrounded Dame/McCollum with guys like Farouq-Aminu, Harkless, Whiteside, Nurkic and Collins. The Raptors around Lowry/Vanvleet had Derozan, Kawhi, Siakam, Ibaka, Gasol and Valanciunas. All great defenders to protect the undersized guards on the perimeter. 

Personally a guy I have my eye on that would be perfect in a trade would be Mikal Bridges if Love gets shipped out. If they want to make 'Sexland' a thing for the forseeable future then the Cavs need to start building around them to help them both out.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Yeah there’s no one to cover up for the mistakes of the kids at the rim.  Love isn’t a good defender, we don’t have an elite wing defender, TT isn’t a rim protector, etc.

I think Garland and Sexton can be fine moving forward, but they need to improve the front court length, athleticism and defensive ability. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck