Jump to content

Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Mediocrity


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

we don’t have an elite wing defender

Do we have a below average wing defender?

I feel like every one of our wings are A*T*R*O*C*I*O*U*S defensively.

 

This whole roster needs to be deconstructed and shred to pieces. I'm fine getting rid of Sexton and Garland too, for the right price. I don't think either one of those dudes will be special either.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Do we have a below average wing defender?

I feel like every one of our wings are A*T*R*O*C*I*O*U*S defensively.

 

This whole roster needs to be deconstructed and shred to pieces. I'm fine getting rid of Sexton and Garland too, for the right price. I don't think either one of those dudes will be special either.

I don’t trust Koby to rebuild this roster at all. So far he’s done a terrible job. Every move he’s made has been the wrong one. I can’t believe out of all the GMs we had he’s the one Gilbert decides to keep. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Do we have a below average wing defender?

I feel like every one of our wings are A*T*R*O*C*I*O*U*S defensively.

More or less.

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

This whole roster needs to be deconstructed and shred to pieces. I'm fine getting rid of Sexton and Garland too, for the right price. I don't think either one of those dudes will be special either.

I think once some of these expensive pieces come off the books they can spend some of that money on some wings, draft some too.

They need some high end 3/D dudes as well as a defensive anchor imo.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

More or less.

I think once some of these expensive pieces come off the books they can spend some of that money on some wings, draft some too.

They need some high end 3/D dudes as well as a defensive anchor imo.

They need to be in complete shred mode. I'm going to be so mad if we don't get rid of Love and Tristan. Who cares if we are an abomination? We're an expensive abomination right now. Might as well be a young and cheap abomination.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

They need to be in complete shred mode. I'm going to be so mad if we don't get rid of Love and Tristan. Who cares if we are an abomination? We're an expensive abomination right now. Might as well be a young and cheap abomination.

I think it’s more of a question of who wants them right now.

Thompson should have a market with his expiring deal, but what are we getting in return?  Not a lot I wouldn’t think.

Love is worthless tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s more of a question of who wants them right now.

Thompson should have a market with his expiring deal, but what are we getting in return?  Not a lot I wouldn’t think.

Love is worthless tbh.

I'd trade them both for essentially nothing. 

Give me a 1st round pick for TT and a pair of 2nds for Love and I'd be happy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'd trade them both for essentially nothing. 

Give me a 1st round pick for TT and a pair of 2nds for Love and I'd be happy.

Not that easy man.

Assuming they’re going to a contender who’s also over or near the cap, the salaries will have to match.

Maybe you get a first, but that’s not necessarily a great pick depending on the team, and you’re likely going to have to take some other crappy contract/s on in return, likely one that isn’t an expiring deal.

For TT the decision becomes how bad do you want that first at the cost of the incoming crappy deals vs just letting his contract expire and gain the cap space.

As far as Love, even tougher as you’d need to take on 25ish million and his contract has another 3 years on it.  At that salary the teams that would want him are teams so think he’s the missing piece for a title. That means you’re definitely taking back bad contracts in return for minimal compensation.  To give you an idea of his market value, some rumors involve the CAVS having to throw in the first to unload him, which is obviously a no.

So far @sdrawkcab321 has had the best solution for Love imo with a 3 team deal with Love going to the Warriors, Russell to the Timberwolf and we get Wiggins.  It’s a swap of crap that may better fit each team’s needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t trust Koby to rebuild this roster at all. So far he’s done a terrible job. Every move he’s made has been the wrong one. I can’t believe out of all the GMs we had he’s the one Gilbert decides to keep. 

man what 😂 

what would you have done different?

weve had like two picks and KPJ looks like a steal and Windler has been hurt 

At least we have time again to trade Love for something as opposed to losing him for nothing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think it’s more of a question of who wants them right now.

Thompson should have a market with his expiring deal, but what are we getting in return?  Not a lot I wouldn’t think.

Love is worthless tbh.

Cleveland is asking a 1st for Tristan and according to Windhorst and Woj there are 4-5 teams trying to negotiate with the Cavs for him, including the Wizards and Clippers. He's going to be moved in the next 24 hours.

Love might get held onto and try again to move him in the summer because if his contract unless a dark horse comes into play last min. Deadlines create action so I wouldn't be totally surprised. There are still a few teams out there that could use him and have the cap space to take on his contract such as Phx and Den.

Edited by AkronsWitness
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, brownie man said:

man what 😂 

what would you have done different?

weve had like two picks and KPJ looks like a steal and Windler has been hurt 

At least we have time again to trade Love for something as opposed to losing him for nothing 

Not signed all of these long-term extensions with meh players.
Not gotten essentially nothing for Kyrie Irving.
Not built a team without a single defensive-minded player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, brownie man said:

man what 😂 

what would you have done different?

weve had like two picks and KPJ looks like a steal and Windler has been hurt 

At least we have time again to trade Love for something as opposed to losing him for nothing 

The Rodney hood, clarkson, nance trade was a fail. The nance contract was bad. Trading clarkson for a second after spending a first to get he and clarkson was bad. Letting wade go for nothing. Drafting 2 undersized PGs who don’t pass and can’t play defense. Pretty much every move with the exception of KPJ. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
3
5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The Rodney hood, clarkson, nance trade was a fail. The nance contract was bad. Trading clarkson for a second after spending a first to get he and clarkson was bad. Letting wade go for nothing. Drafting 2 undersized PGs who don’t pass and can’t play defense. Pretty much every move with the exception of KPJ. 

That trade wasnt that bad at the time. Was good on paper, just didnt work out. Who would have known Hood would have been such a debbie downer kind of player. 

I dont care who they drafted, they were screwed either cause they drafted 8th in basically a 5 man draft and drafted 5th in a 2-3 man draft. They were screwed either way

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The Rodney hood, clarkson, nance trade was a fail. The nance contract was bad. Trading clarkson for a second after spending a first to get he and clarkson was bad. Letting wade go for nothing. Drafting 2 undersized PGs who don’t pass and can’t play defense. Pretty much every move with the exception of KPJ. 

The trade at the time made sense because they needed depth and they got it. They also got a bunch of young guys that they planned on having for life after LBJ which was the goal so they wernt left with Manny Harris and Christian Eyenga as starters after LBJ left

Nance is a really good player. Not a All Star but he is a positive impact type player with his ability to shoot/pass/handle as a big man and will fill the TT role nicely for coming years once he gets traded. Given his development this year I will actually say given starters mins. Nance is actually a better player than TT.

Wade asked for a trade, was unhappy here and wanted to go back to MIA so you cant blame that on the Cavs for honoring his request.

Sexton is a normal sized PG and given where he got drafted, he was absolutly the right pick. He was the #8th pick not 2nd or 3rd.

Garland was widely regarded as a top 3-5 talent in the draft and the Cavs went for BPA over need. Cant blame them again especially as a team thats not a FA destination.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Garland was widely regarded as a top 3-5 talent in the draft and the Cavs went for BPA over need. Cant blame them again especially as a team thats not a FA destination.

This. You go BPA and figure it out later. It’s like the Bennett draft, they should have drafted Olad instead of Bennet but they didn’t want to draft another guard

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...