Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

38 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We weren’t going to sign anyone worth a damn next year anyway so why not. Just don’t give him some crazy extension. 

Agreed. If he opts in and we keep him on the expiring but decide he isn't a fit long term, we could also move him sometime next year to a team who needs a GIANT chunk of cap space going into summer 2021 (AKA Giannis-fest) for their bad contracts and some combo of young players/picks. Cough COUGH *Miami for Herro and whoever they want off their books* Cough COUGH.

56 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Agreed. If he opts in and we keep him on the expiring but decide he isn't a fit long term, we could also move him sometime next year to a team who needs a GIANT chunk of cap space going into summer 2021 (AKA Giannis-fest) for their bad contracts and some combo of young players/picks. Cough COUGH *Miami for Herro and whoever they want off their books* Cough COUGH.

Stock pile up picks for the bronny jr draft. Start now. Take all the bad contracts we can get. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We weren’t going to sign anyone worth a damn next year anyway so why not. Just don’t give him some crazy extension. 

He won’t take an ext. he will opt in and accept his $29m contract for the season. I believe the ‘21 offseason is a better offseason to be a FA in. 

15 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Could be a mildly interesting 2020-2021 campaign if Drummond opts in and is hungry for another contract, Love stays here in purgatory, plus another year for our young guys.

This. 

Although you seem to forget that our young guys are garbagio and worthless. 🤫

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

This. 

Although you seem to forget that our young guys are garbagio and worthless. 🤫

Honestly even if they aren't very good we will have a better idea what their role should be, thus (hopefully) mitigating some of their suckiness.

I think KPJ has got what it take to be a solid wing, Sexton could be nice off the bench, and Garland it's too early to tell it looks bad though.

Edited by Rod Johnson

11 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Honestly even if they aren't very good we will have a better idea what their role should be, thus (hopefully) mitigating some of their suckiness.

I think KPJ has got what it take to be a solid wing, Sexton could be nice off the bench, and Garland it's too early to tell it looks bad though.

My bad I was being sarcastic. I’m pretty high on the youngins. 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:18 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Exactly, its not like the Cavs are going to be able to lure anybody remotely close to Drummond in FA so why not. Given how horrible Garland, Sexton, Osman and Love are defensively it is nice to see the Cavs go do something to try and offset their weaknesses. 

Drummond is basically a better version of Tristan who is also 3 years younger. Should be a nice compliment player