Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

I Feel like in the next season or two that if the 76ers keep struggling with their potential that they will look to blow it up to change things up. I believe they would be willing to move on from Simmons first. I would love to try and get him 

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I Feel like in the next season or two that if the 76ers keep struggling with their potential that they will look to blow it up to change things up. I believe they would be willing to move on from Simmons first. I would love to try and get him 

It bothers me that he’s scared to shoot 3’s

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d be ok with it if we surrounded him with 4 guys who can. That’s the system he needs. The gannis/lebron system. 

Yeah Im not buying this 'if you cant shoot 3s your worthless' new narrative thats surrounding the NBA. Tristan Thompson was a starter on a team that went to the Finals 4 years in a row and he cant do anything besides little jump hooks. Drummond is going to fill the Tristan spot/role but just do it better.

I think as long as you have guys that can spread/shoot at 1-4 then your perfectly fine having a big guy in the paint.

Edited by AkronsWitness

28 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think as long as you have guys that can spread/shoot at 1-4 then your perfectly fine having a big guy in the paint.

If you cannot figure out a way to use a 6' 10-11" 280 lbs. athletic guy with defensive capabilities who is one of the better at his position so as to make him a productive part of your team, you probably shouldn't be coaching in the NBA or anywhere in basketball for that matter.

With the rest of the league going so small, I’d love to try and do the opposite. The problem is that I can’t think of any good 6’10+ PFs coming out of college.

I think Wiseman could, but I’m not an expert. He runs like a &#*@in Gazelle.

Edited by candyman93

25 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

With the rest of the league going so small, I’d love to try and do the opposite. The problem is that I can’t think of any good 6’10+ PFs coming out of college.

God no we have enough bigs we need wings. We don’t need to play 1990 ball. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I'm down to play "LONG," but not big. We need length, not "bigs."

Here's my plan:

1. Trade Kevin Love to anyone for two 2nd round picks.
2. Trade Collin Sexton, Cedi Osman, and Darius Garland to Orlando for future later round picks and SF Jonathan Issac.

4. Draft (#3): Lamelo Ball PG
5. (Trade both 2nd round picks for G/F Nassir Little)

6. Sign PG DeAnthony Melton in FA
7. Sign SF Josh Jackson in FA.
8. Sign PF Jarrad Vanderbilt in FA.
9. Let all our other big FA's walk.

PG: Lamelo Ball/Dante Exum/DeAnthony Melton
SG: Kevin Porter/Nassir Little/Dylan Windler
SF: Jonathan Issac/Josh Jackson/Anfonzo McKinnie
PF: Larry Nance/Jarrad Vanderbilt/Dean Wade
C: Andre Drummond/Ante Zizic/Marques Bolden

We now have a defensive-minded team with length and athleticism.

Future needs? A starting PF to allow Nance to be the swing PF/C.

Houston is a very interesting team to watch. The major strength of that lineup that I predicted would be the dramatic decrease in turnovers. Big dudes don’t protect the ball or pass well.

It’s going to be incredibly exhausting playing that way though.

Edited by candyman93

What’s great about tonight’s game is Drummond played well and we suck trying to integrate him. We’re going to lose for awhile and tank the heck out of this. 

The bad news is this draft is garbage. So we tanking for absolutely nothing. So naturally the nba will give us the top pick only to draft ****. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

What’s great about tonight’s game is Drummond played well and we suck trying to integrate him. We’re going to lose for awhile and tank the heck out of this. 

The bad news is this draft is garbage. So we tanking for absolutely nothing. So naturally the nba will give us the top pick only to draft ****. 

I don't think this is a useless draft.

Anthony Edwards is a star.
James Wiseman is a superstar.
LaMelo Ball is a star.
Onyeka Okongwo is a star.
Deni Avdija could be the next Luka Doncic despite being a lot less developed right now.
Isaac Okoro is an elite defensive wing/athlete.
Jaden McDaniels and Obi Toppin have some star potential.
Isaiah Simmons still intrigues me at PF/C.

I think there's plenty of talent in this class. There just isn't an elite wing player, which is what we need the most urgently. But our team is garbage. We need literally everything other than a C and that's only IF we can trick Drummond into staying on this dumpster fire of a team.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck