Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That shouldn’t be the bar. 

I didn’t say that was the bar or the measuring stick. You said worst defense ever and I stated that it would be better than this years defense, so in fact, it wouldn’t be the worst defense ever

3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Deni has been extremely impressive since the return. I’d be comfortable drafting him at pretty much any spot. 

Give me Avdija all day, even at pick #1. His game fits perfectly with what we have here. He is 19 and already plays like a veteran. Makes his teammates better. Can play SF or PF. I see him starting at SF and setting up Garland/Sexton off of Love/Drummond screens. 

Oh, and he can defend. Gives high effort. Contests shots all game and avoids fouls. 

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Give me Avdija all day, even at pick #1. His game fits perfectly with what we have here. He is 19 and already plays like a veteran. Makes his teammates better. Can play SF or PF. I see him starting at SF and setting up Garland/Sexton off of Love/Drummond screens. 

Oh, and he can defend. Gives high effort. Contests shots all game and avoids fouls. 

Yep, he's in my #1 mix at this point. Probably never a go-to scorer type superstar, but I could see him being like a Jokic at SF, somebody you run your offense through and who makes you a unique struggle to defend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Thoughts on Isaac Okoro and Devin Vassell?

I love both guys and think they'd bring us what we lack most: wing defense. Plus, Vassell has the ability to shoot the lights out and Okoro is a beast at taking it strong to the rim.

Not sure about Vassell but Okoro is a great defender at SG, his best trait he has. Problem with him is that he cant shoot....like at all. So you would be banking on him being able to develop even the slightest bit of jumper. He can slash, play great defense and apparently is a great leader but really lacks high level scoring on offense.

The thought of Lavine makes me vomit. He is a good scorer that can get you 20+ points but again he is the type of player that feeds into the Cavs problems--doesnt help. He cant create for others and is a bad/average at best defender. We have enough of those on this team already.

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Vassell reminds me of Klay Thompson without the off the dribble shooting ability. Smooth jump shooting guard that locks people down defensively. I think he could end up being the premier 3 & D guy in the NBA eventually. 

Perfect, the last thing I want is another ball dominant scorer that provides little to nothing else on the court. 

So naturally the Cavs are going to go throw a bag at Zack Lavine and draft Lamelo Ball.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Vassell reminds me of Klay Thompson without the off the dribble shooting ability. Smooth jump shooting guard that locks people down defensively. I think he could end up being the premier 3 & D guy in the NBA eventually. 

Stylistically I think you're right on. And obviously, that's his ceiling not his most likely outcome, but I do like his fit with our current roster a lot.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck