Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

According to Fedor the Cavs could be in on Ben Simmons if Philly has a lackluster playoff run. Not sure what it would take to get him but that would be a nice building block. I assume it would be the Cavs top 5 pick this year and some combo of Love/Sexton/Garland/KPJ

Fedor is a moron with zero credible sources. 

But I’d trade the entire team for him. Philly has grossly underutilized him. He needs 4 shooters around him like lebron or gannis. Not bigs like horford and embiid clogging up the inside  or even mid range. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Fedor is a moron with zero credible sources. 

But I’d trade the entire team for him. Philly has grossly underutilized him. He needs 4 shooters around him like lebron or gannis. Not bigs like horford and embiid clogging up the inside  or even mid range. 

I think he is talking about the BR article that came out recently. The info from the article came for a Q/A fedor had and Simmons was brought up. So when it comes to Simmons, fedor has no sources about it cause it was just an ideal he had and talked about. Just said it philly wants to pivot that the Cavs would be a team to trade with cause of their draft capita and players. Also I would trade for Simmons in a heart. I would love to see a backcourt if Simmons and KPJ. If they can’t move love, Simmons actually makes him some what useful again

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think he is talking about the BR article that came out recently. The info from the article came for a Q/A fedor had and Simmons was brought up. So when it comes to Simmons, fedor has no sources about it cause it was just an ideal he had and talked about. Just said it philly wants to pivot that the Cavs would be a team to trade with cause of their draft capita and players. Also I would trade for Simmons in a heart. I would love to see a backcourt if Simmons and KPJ. If they can’t move love, Simmons actually makes him some what useful again

KPJ is 100% going to have to go in that deal. I like porter but Simmons is a lot more of a guaranteed difference maker. 

it would have to take 

love (just to make the money work)

Sexton

KPJ

2020 1st

at least. Might even have to add in garland. Which I’d be more than happy to do. Just have to let Drummond walk on a year or trade him to open up space. 

14 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Hell naw 

I don’t want Simmons for that no way 

KPJ is a legit NBA player I’m not trading that and picks for Simmons hell naw

Kpj is still a project. He looks good now but Simmons is proven. We’ve seen so many rookies come in and look like they’re gonna be good and end up just being average. Get the sure thing who’s still super young. 

45 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:
1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Hell naw 

I don’t want Simmons for that no way 

KPJ is a legit NBA player I’m not trading that and picks for Simmons hell naw

Kpj is still a project. He looks good now but Simmons is proven. We’ve seen so many rookies come in and look like they’re gonna be good and end up just being average. Get the sure thing who’s still super young. 

Simmons has the potential to be all-nba team. KPJ is great and showed potential but he is unproven. Simmons is one hell of a playmaker/facilitator. That is exactly what this team desperately needs. It be great to give them a package of multiple 1st rd picks (Cavs have 4 1st rounds over the next 3 years) and young players. I would love to give them Sexton and Garland but if KPJ has to be the key player, that is what you have to add.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Simmons has the potential to be all-nba team. KPJ is great and showed potential but he is unproven. Simmons is one hell of a playmaker/facilitator. That is exactly what this team desperately needs. It be great to give them a package of multiple 1st rd picks (Cavs have 4 1st rounds over the next 3 years) and young players. I would love to give them Sexton and Garland but if KPJ has to be the key player, that is what you have to add.

Not to mention he might be the best defensive player in the league and can guard 1-5. That’s an incredible player to build around. 

I’d trade for Ben just because of his defensive skills. I don’t think it’s a good idea to build around his offense. He’s never been a dynamic scorer and he will never shoot 3’s.

He’d have to play the 4 spot, but he can be a primary ball handler. Like when we had Kyrie + Lebron.

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’d trade for Ben just because of his defensive skills. I don’t think it’s a good idea to build around his offense. He’s never been a dynamic scorer and he will never shoot 3’s.

He’d have to play the 4 spot, but he can be a primary ball handler. Like when we had Kyrie + Lebron.

I wouldnt mind seeing what he could look like in a full offense/scheme that is based solely around him. Philly, its been about him and more so Emid. I dont think those two were the greatest combo together.

12 hours ago, buno67 said:

I wouldnt mind seeing what he could look like in a full offense/scheme that is based solely around him. Philly, its been about him and more so Emid. I dont think those two were the greatest combo together.

Saw on TV that when Ben/Embiid are on the floor together they are +.4 points. When it's just Embiid on the floor they are +11.

So they are definitely better when the offense is ran strictly through Embiid.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Saw on TV that when Ben/Embiid are on the floor together they are +.4 points. When it's just Embiid on the floor they are +11.

So they are definitely better when the offense is ran strictly through Embiid.

Not surprised. When Simmons is off the floor. It’s nothing but shooters with him and he gets more space to play with. Scheme and roster is built more so for Embid than Simmons. Simmons needs to go somewhere that makes him the face and focal point of the team/offense

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Not surprised. When Simmons is off the floor. It’s nothing but shooters with him and he gets more space to play with. Scheme and roster is built more so for Embid than Simmons. Simmons needs to go somewhere that makes him the face and focal point of the team/offense

Right, I posted on another board the same thing and 76ers fans were coming after me. They thought Kevin Love, Collin Sexton and Lamelo Ball wouldnt be enough to get Ben Simmons.

The 76ers if they get eliminated early have to retool their roster. Build around Embiid and trade Simmons for perimeter players that can grow with Embiid. Thats what the Cavs with Garland/Sexton/KPJ/1st rounder have in spades. Its just the matter of what is the appropriate price for Simmons who also needs to be surrounded by perimeter shooters.

I honestly think the 76ers and Cavs could actually really help eachother out and both get better.

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right, I posted on another board the same thing and 76ers fans were coming after me. They thought Kevin Love, Collin Sexton and Lamelo Ball wouldnt be enough to get Ben Simmons.

The 76ers if they get eliminated early have to retool their roster. Build around Embiid and trade Simmons for perimeter players that can grow with Embiid. Thats what the Cavs with Garland/Sexton/KPJ/1st rounder have in spades. Its just the matter of what is the appropriate price for Simmons who also needs to be surrounded by perimeter shooters.

I honestly think the 76ers and Cavs could actually really help eachother out and both get better.

I don’t think that would be enough. I would gladly trade Love Sexton our 1st this draft and the bucks 1st we have. Trade whatever 1st you need. They will be protected anyways.