Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Westbrick is going to be like Blake Griffin in 2-3 years. Traded to a team like Detroit rotting the rest of his career away.

You can only get so far in the NBA having a low IQ.

$31m, $34m, $36m, and $38m, the the amount of money he is making each year with the piston. 

Westbrook is just such an enigmatic dude.

He’s one of the more talented guys we’ve ever seen, 3 straight triple double seasons is bonkers.  He’s a high energy guy who competes on the defensive end and can be a very good defender when he wants to be.

He’s just so damned inefficient and doesn’t seem to care to improve upon that. Even small tweaks would seem to help him significantly.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Westbrook is just such an enigmatic dude.

He’s one of the more talented guys we’ve ever seen, 3 straight triple double seasons is bonkers.  He’s a high energy guy who competes on the defensive end and can be a very good defender when he wants to be.

He’s just so damned inefficient and doesn’t seem to care to improve upon that. Even small tweaks would seem to help him significantly.

It’s because he’s dumb. I used to think he was just quirky, but now I’ve realized he’s just a dumb player. There’s nothing that can be done about that except making him a role player. He might get a ring when he’s 37 as a 8th man.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s because he’s dumb. I used to think he was just quirky, but now I’ve realized he’s just a dumb player. There’s nothing that can be done about that except making him a role player. He might get a ring when he’s 37 as a 8th man.

There’s no way he lasts that long without developing a shot. Once his athleticism is gone he’s done. He doesn’t have the size to switch multiple positions on defense, can’t shoot, does dumb things, terrible habits. That kind of player doesn’t age well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There’s no way he lasts that long without developing a shot. Once his athleticism is gone he’s done. He doesn’t have the size to switch multiple positions on defense, can’t shoot, does dumb things, terrible habits. That kind of player doesn’t age well. 

True story.

Guys who play into their late thirties are smart, efficient, and generally good shooters.  He’s none of that.

Westbrook’s the lowest bbiq player of the top 20-30 players in the league. Hardens probably the next lowest or close.

The Rockets issue is that they have a toxic co-dependent relationship with Harden. Everyone knows that couple that is completely over involved with each other and they don’t let each other have any freedom to grow, see friends, see family, Have hobbies. Their life just becomes the significant other and Nothing else in their life ever improves, in fact everything gets worse.

Thats the Rockets with Harden. Their system is 100% have Harden do everything on offense and run ISO after ISO. Everybody else’s roll becomes completely diminished so nobody else gets to grow and develop as a player except Harden. Everyone just stands around. And Harden goes Hero ball every game except for games he’s tired or games he quits. In a series teams can game plan around it and they have no answer. When Harden doesn’t have the ball he doesn’t move or make any effort to help his teammates because he needs to save energy for more iso. He just stands there and let’s his teammates play 4v5 which they can’t do because they don’t play that way and they never spent time learning a system of how to play as a team. 

I would love to know how many steps a guy like Steph takes compared to Harden in a game. I wouldn’t be surprised if Steph took 40% more steps in a game cause he’s so active off ball and helping his teammates win while Harden just stands like a bum. 

Both Harden and Westbrook need coaching but all their worst habits have been enabled for 10+ seasons so it’s probably too late for them to learn how to be good teammates. They are fake top players and superstars. They are both really good floor raisers cause they force a lot of wins in the regular season but they take so much away from a teams potential ceiling cause they require enormous sacrifices from the rest of the team to enable them. 

This is why LeBron, Curry, Durant are the leagues true superstars with guys like Luka, Giannis, Jokic next in line. Real superstars can let teammates flourish and will sacrifice to improve the team. 

Rockets are in a very tough spot. A year ago they had Paul, Capela, and draft picks. Unfortunately Paul was a bad fit in an ISO dominated offense and butted heads with Harden. Rather than working through issues they showed their leader the door and added picks for Harden which was crazy at the time and still is crazy. But Westbrook is a better ISO player than Paul so I guess it fits from a scheme standpoint. Then they went even more all in on small ball getting rid of Capela for Covington and trading more picks. 

So they are all in and need a way to make it work with what they’ve got. It’s tough as hell cause I think having Tucker at center is unsustainable for a year. Really I think this play style will really wear on them physically on a defensive end and they have little depth. 

I wonder if Philly would swap Gordon/Westbrook for Horford/Harris. I think that makes sense for both teams. If not I think they are in trouble. They need a big, they need more shooters.

They have no depth so their offensive system actually makes sense cause it uses the least amount of energy possible and gets results in regular season but they need to find a way to learn how to play with motion as well or they can’t win in the playoffs when Hardens burnt out and others need to step up 

1 minute ago, roger murdock said:

Rockets are in a very tough spot. A year ago they had Paul, Capela, and draft picks. Unfortunately Paul was a bad fit in an ISO dominated offense and butted heads with Harden. Rather than working through issues they showed their leader the door and added picks for Harden which was crazy at the time and still is crazy. But Westbrook is a better ISO player than Paul so I guess it fits from a scheme standpoint. Then they went even more all in on small ball getting rid of Capela for Covington and trading more picks. 

So they are all in and need a way to make it work with what they’ve got. It’s tough as hell cause I think having Tucker at center is unsustainable for a year. Really I think this play style will really wear on them physically on a defensive end and they have little depth. 

I wonder if Philly would swap Gordon/Westbrook for Horford/Harris. I think that makes sense for both teams. If not I think they are in trouble. They need a big, they need more shooters.

They have no depth so their offensive system actually makes sense cause it uses the least amount of energy possible and gets results in regular season but they need to find a way to learn how to play with motion as well or they can’t win in the playoffs when Hardens burnt out and others need to step up 

Horford from 3 years ago maybe. But he’s lost a step. And Harris is on a worse contract than Westbrook. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck