Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

DWade and AD are both pretty similar tbh (as far as their ability and “greatness”).

I don’t know if I’d be ready to make the statement he’s better than AD, but I can see why someone would and it’s not crazy to me.

Only difference is LeBron played with Wade when he was at the end of his career. Especially the last 2 years.

Davis is currently still ascending in his career and entering his prime. You can tell he is slowly taking over the lead of the team. I expect next year for him to be 1a and LeBron to be 1b. 

That was the plan with Kyrie that lebron wanted to do but Kyrie didn't apparently want to wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OhioG said:

We needed a playmaker at guard and Herro coming out of Kentucky (correct me if I am wrong) was not considered a playmaker. 

I didn't understand the Garland pick, since we had picked a pg the previous year.  Herro was considered a deadly shooter, and he was being mocked to Miami the entire time pre draft, if my memory serves me right.  I don't know if either would have been my pick.  (I believe I wanted Culver)  I just don't know why our scouts, and Koby weren't high on him?  It's their job to figure this ish out!!!!  I don't care how many other teams passed on him.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I completely understood the garland pick because I understood that Koby is a terrible GM and idiots do dumb things. 

We tend to have pretty similar takes on football but holy hell are you basketball takes awful.

Now im starting to wonder if my NFL takes are bad.

In a full rebuild you draft BPA regardless of position. Plus at that time Collin really didnt show he could do much more than be a 6th man.

33 minutes ago, OhioG said:

We tend to have pretty similar takes on football but holy hell are you basketball takes awful.

Now im starting to wonder if my NFL takes are bad.

In a full rebuild you draft BPA regardless of position. Plus at that time Collin really didnt show he could do much more than be a 6th man.

I must be missing the part where garland was the BPA 

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

For the 5th pick, he was pretty close to BPA. He was the best Offensive BPA at 5. Culver was best defensive BPA. 

it was a 3 player draft last year for franchise players. Cavs miss the boat again

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Thank you.

Our fans just read a couple of NBA draft sites and decided “hey if they think he’s good, he must be good.” Ignoring the fact he did nothing at Vandy.

Edited by candyman93

18 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Really huge sample size 🥱  Or is that your point?

My point is that he might have been the 2nd dumbest draft pick in franchise history behind only Anthony Bennett. I think it’s pointless using advanced metrics to evaluate guys in a sport that is HEAVILY decided by athleticism and length.

I support using analytics in any other sport, but basketball.

Edited by candyman93

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

My point is that he might have been the 2nd dumbest draft pick in franchise history behind only Anthony Bennett. I think it’s pointless using advanced metrics to evaluate guys in a sport that is HEAVILY decided by athleticism and length.

Well then your point is awful 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

True but we also should give the guy A shot to actually develop. Missed a lot of time because of injury and than played on a crap roster with a HC who ended up not wanting to be here and then seeing the season ending early.

also if you wanted athletic ability and length than Cam Reddish should have been the pick