Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

I think people underestimate the bubble.  Could you be separated from your family and be your best knowing that all it takes is an early exit and you get to go home to them?

Week after week in one hotel room doing nothing but working.  Idk man, when I look around I don’t see too many people that committed to their craft.  Tip of the cap to all those dudes, they sacrificed for our enjoyment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think people underestimate the bubble.  Could you be separated from your family and be your best knowing that all it takes is an early exit and you get to go home to them?

Week after week in one hotel room doing nothing but working.  Idk man, when I look around I don’t see too many people that committed to their craft.  Tip of the cap to all those dudes, they sacrificed for our enjoyment.

I mean moreso the teams he faced. COVID and the bubble was shared equally between the teams. East was garbage this year so whoever came out of the West was going to win. And really not too many good teams in the West either for that matter. 

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is it though?

Bubble, season paused, etc.  There were some unique challenges no other players have faced and he did what he needed to win a title.

mayeb easiest forthe opponenthe faced but like you said, it was still tough. Team like the Bucks couldnt handle the situation. 

13 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is it though?

Bubble, season paused, etc.  There were some unique challenges no other players have faced and he did what he needed to win a title.

I think it was definitely the easiest in terms of opponents they faced. 

I think it was the toughest in terms of how mentally draining that experience must have been, and toughest in that the format lead to 'truer' basketball. The teams that played the best won and they were clearly the best team in the playoffs and deserved it. 

But dang the path felt easy. Nuggets were probably the 2nd best team but they don't matchup well vs the Lakers at all. Heat were all heart and lost some talent due to injury. Rockets are pretenders. 

I woulda loved to see the Bucks vs them in the finals, would have been an interesting matchup. 

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I think it was definitely the easiest in terms of opponents they faced. 

I think it was the toughest in terms of how mentally draining that experience must have been, and toughest in that the format lead to 'truer' basketball. The teams that played the best won and they were clearly the best team in the playoffs and deserved it. 

But dang the path felt easy. Nuggets were probably the 2nd best team but they don't matchup well vs the Lakers at all. Heat were all heart and lost some talent due to injury. Rockets are pretenders. 

I woulda loved to see the Bucks vs them in the finals, would have been an interesting matchup. 

I agree that the Rockets were the only real team that posed them a huge issue. That team can get hot and beat anybody in the NBA.

The Heat were a problem though and I think it would have been a much tougher series if Bam/Dragic never got injured. Butler was out there running on fumes

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I say this as a married man, with an 8yr old and 3yr old kid....

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

• Like 2