Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I heard that too which makes me feel a little bit better about it, apparently our scouting director has some sort of connection with the euroleague or something like that?

I hear ya on the star talent thing. But I personally believe there is a blend you can reach between finding big talent as well as fit. Deni/Toppin both, to me, are the two biggest boom/bust prospects that might be there for the Cavs. It would be great to hit a homerun with one but swinging and missing in the past with guys like Waiters/Bennett make me wish they would draft the solid safe guy.

To me a guy like Okoro is far more bust-proof than Deni eventhough Deni might have the higher ceiling. Same thing with Okongwu. Their defense alone gives them both super high floors.

Avdija is a pretty darn nice defender himself. 

Cavs roster is now in middle of the league with two deep at every position. Starters listed first! 1-sexton and garland, 2-porter and exum , 3-osman and windler , 4-love and nance, and 5-Drummond and bell. All players are still ascending except Love.  The only NBA ready player is Toppin.  So the question is take him or trade down.  What do you think?

54 minutes ago, #32 said:

Cavs roster is now in middle of the league with two deep at every position. Starters listed first! 1-sexton and garland, 2-porter and exum , 3-osman and windler , 4-love and nance, and 5-Drummond and bell. All players are still ascending except Love.  The only NBA ready player is Toppin.  So the question is take him or trade down.  What do you think?

Guys like Osman, Nance, and Drummond are still ascending? I don't think so.

Toppin would honestly be the most underwhelming pick the Cavs could make, besides someone like Ball.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Anthony Edwards flat out said he doesn’t care about basketball. That kinda makes him undraftable to me.

That mentality will eventually rear its ugly head.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Another wanna be rapper 

So are/were Dame Lillard, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Anthony Edwards flat out said he doesn’t care about basketball. That kinda makes him undraftable to me.

That mentality will eventually rear its ugly head.

That was a weird interview. Just feel like he said he has other interest outside of basketball. Very similar to what Garrett said in his pre draft stuff. Like football isn’t his life, same with Edwards saying basketball isn’t his life. 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Guys like Osman, Nance, and Drummond are still ascending? I don't think so.

Toppin would honestly be the most underwhelming pick the Cavs could make, besides someone like Ball.

Ball wouldn’t be underwhelming. Finally would have a legit nba level facilitator 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck