Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

9 hours ago, Raves said:

Is it just me or does this Cavs team is starting to feel like the Pistons team that snuck in a championship?  A bunch of people that weren't THE guy, but you find on a championship team.  Granted once Love falls off and Drummond leaves they'll be lacking 2 big pieces, but it seems to be following a similar mode of a lot of very good players but lacking THAT player, that can overcome someone that's not LeBron or 3+ All-Time greats.

The Pistons were one of the all-time elite defensive teams. We now have 1 guy that isn’t a bad defender (Okoro). 

2 hours ago, QBIso said:

The Pistons were one of the all-time elite defensive teams. We now have 1 guy that isn’t a bad defender (Okoro). 

Well we don’t know if he is good or bad. Let’s just say we have 1 player who hasn’t proven they are a bad defender yet. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

On the radio this morning they were saying how Okoro and Sexton already have a pretty good relationship? Anyone know their history?

Bruce Pearl said they grew up less than 30 miles away from each other and might have even went to rival schools

Bruce Pearl also compared Okroro to Andre Iguodala 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bruce Pearl said they grew up less than 30 miles away from each other and might have even went to rival schools

I remember reading they were rivals in high school and Okoro.

Also when I said this team seemed like the Pistons team of old, I meant more that there seemed to be a lot of players that are capable of being being real good, but no superstar player.  Just a lot of high caliber players that just seemed to play greater than their parts.  I would consider the current Magic team in the same mold of having a lot of really good players, no superstar/elite guys.  Most current NBA teams have an elite guy taking 40% of the cap, another 1-2 taking up another 20-40% of the cap, then over the hill/journeymen filling out the roster.  Granted Love and Drummond are currently overpaid, but the number of guys on rookie deals compensate for that giving the team a lot of potentially pretty good players everywhere but lacking the elite player.  Obviously this also requires KPJ to get his crap together so he stays out of trouble and takes the next step that he looks to be capable of.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

Just a lot of high caliber players that just seemed to play greater than their parts.

I don't think we have any high-caliber players right now though. Our roster is bleh and if it weren't for the East being a joke, we would have no shot of the playoffs. I do think we make the playoffs this year, but get massacred by anyone with a halfway decent squad.

We still need to sign some quality free agents and get lucky with one of them outperforming their contract.

Also, we aren't going to trade Love I don't think. Especially with his recent indication that he still thinks about suicide. It would be pretty terrible for us to trade a dude that literally just opened up about that yesterday. Plus, whatever we could net in return for him wouldn't probably make us any better. I doubt we would be able to ship him out for a young player. Or for draft picks. Might as well just hold onto him. He's still a good player. Maybe if Sexton and/or Garland take a major step forward, this team could be a fun playoff team next year.

*Sign Tristan Thompson & DeAnthony Melton in Free Agency

PG: Garland/Melton/Dellavedova
SG: Sexton/Porter/Mooney
SF: Okoro/Osman/Windler
PF: Love/Nance/Wade
C: Drummond/Thompson/Zizic

Defensive Lineup:
1-Melton
2-Okoro
3-Osman
4-Thompson
5-Drummond

Offensive Lineup:
1. Garland
2. Sexton
3. Porter
4. Love
5. Drummond

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sexton didnt seem overly excited and Im laughing at the text message that he got as soon as the pick was announced. They went to rival high schools and played against eachother but he obviously seems to know him and who Okoro was surrounded by on draft night

3 hours ago, QBIso said:

I don't think we have any high-caliber players right now though. Our roster is bleh and if it weren't for the East being a joke, we would have no shot of the playoffs. I do think we make the playoffs this year, but get massacred by anyone with a halfway decent squad.

We still need to sign some quality free agents and get lucky with one of them outperforming their contract.

Also, we aren't going to trade Love I don't think. Especially with his recent indication that he still thinks about suicide. It would be pretty terrible for us to trade a dude that literally just opened up about that yesterday. Plus, whatever we could net in return for him wouldn't probably make us any better. I doubt we would be able to ship him out for a young player. Or for draft picks. Might as well just hold onto him. He's still a good player. Maybe if Sexton and/or Garland take a major step forward, this team could be a fun playoff team next year.

*Sign Tristan Thompson & DeAnthony Melton in Free Agency

PG: Garland/Melton/Dellavedova
SG: Sexton/Porter/Mooney
SF: Okoro/Osman/Windler
PF: Love/Nance/Wade
C: Drummond/Thompson/Zizic

Defensive Lineup:
1-Melton
2-Okoro
3-Osman
4-Thompson
5-Drummond

Offensive Lineup:
1. Garland
2. Sexton
3. Porter
4. Love
5. Drummond

No. In what world is Sexton or Garland starting over KPJ. No again.