Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

14 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

But he's not helping this team at all considering the pieces you would have to give up to get him.

Amico said it would have been Love + a young player or two like Sexton/Garland/Porter + a 1st round pick.

Westbrook would be great if we were looking to sacrifice our rebuild and be okay with being a 7-9 seed for the next 3 years.

Pernille Harder Football GIF by VfL WolfsburgPernille Harder Football GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Absolutely they will, but that doesn't mean all of the players they drafted suck, it means they are all 19-22 years old.

The instant impact of guys like Luka Doncic have made everyone microwaved success hungry. It doesn't work like that 95% of the time.

The bolded is debatable.  We will not be good for years to come with this team.  We could be in the lottery for the next 3 years, and probably still be terribad, with the current roster.

50 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

The bolded is debatable.  We will not be good for years to come with this team.  We could be in the lottery for the next 3 years, and probably still be terribad, with the current roster.

Its possible but you draft these guys with the hope a lightbulb comes on by year 3 and they take a massive leap forward. Take KPJ for example. If he 'booms' and takes that massive step forward with the talent he flashed last year and turns into a 22/6/4 type of player---that will accelerate this rebuild almost immediately and it will open up other options with trades.

Look at the Suns. Devin Booker last year proved to be a great player and broke out. Now they were able to attract a guy like Chris Paul to play with him and they will be a playoff team.

Thats the type of boom the Cavs need out of Sexton/Garland/Porter/Okoro. If ONE of them hits, it changes the future of this franchise for the next 10 years.

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’d personally cut him if I’m being serious. 

I don’t know how good of a season he is going to have but I could see it being a pretty good season for a 2nd year player. A decent season for a 5th overall draft pick. I think that injury really put him behind the 8ball last years. He had to come back from a pretty decent injury and learn to play in the NBA after he really hadn’t play in a year. He had an extended offseason to prepare and train. He will hit the ground running this year. 

im not saying he is about to be a break out player but he is going to at least turn himself into an asset, asset ad a building block player or as a legit trade piece 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Reports say since the season was cut short last year, Garland has put on about 15lbs of muscle

Every player supposedly adds 10-15 pounds of muscle in the offseason. It’s become cliché at this point. I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m more worried about height with him. He’s so small other guard can just shoot right over him. 

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Every player supposedly adds 10-15 pounds of muscle in the offseason. It’s become cliché at this point. I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m more worried about height with him. He’s so small other guard can just shoot right over him. 

His offense has to be what makes him good, similar to Kemba Walker who is only 6'0". The question is will his offense take a step in that direction this year.

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know how good of a season he is going to have but I could see it being a pretty good season for a 2nd year player. A decent season for a 5th overall draft pick. I think that injury really put him behind the 8ball last years. He had to come back from a pretty decent injury and learn to play in the NBA after he really hadn’t play in a year. He had an extended offseason to prepare and train. He will hit the ground running this year. 

im not saying he is about to be a break out player but he is going to at least turn himself into an asset, asset ad a building block player or as a legit trade piece 

Right on, I think this year people are going to see what DG was supposed to be last year and the actual player they drafted.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless that dude has never seen a weight room before 2020, that’s a whole lotta weight to put on and assume it’s mostly muscle in 6-8 months.

For results like that, typically you need to “eat clen, tren hard, anavar give up”..

Well, the dude had a pretty severe injury in college that limited training In the offseason. Can only get so far only doing upper body. Basically hampered him leading straight to the NBA season. So he was Prolly more so training to stay in shape during season. 

now add in finally being healthy. He prolly added weight that he normally carried before the injury and than added more. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well, the dude had a pretty severe injury in college that limited training In the offseason. Can only get so far only doing upper body. Basically hampered him leading straight to the NBA season. So he was Prolly more so training to stay in shape during season. 

now add in finally being healthy. He prolly added weight that he normally carried before the injury and than added more. 

I get he’s in a good position with his age and likely a lack of training previously, but 17 pounds of good weight in 6-8 months is a helluva task for a 6’0 guy who’s primary training goals aren’t going to be strength and power.

I’d be skeptical if he was just doing “the big 3” and trying to add strength, but to do so while trying to stay lean and keep his quickness and endurance while also working on developing physical skills for his particular sport seems.... questionable.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I get he’s in a good position with his age and likely a lack of training previously, but 17 pounds of good weight in 6-8 months is a helluva task for a 6’0 guy who’s primary training goals aren’t going to be strength and power.

I’d be skeptical if he was just doing “the big 3” and trying to add strength, but to do so while trying to stay lean and keep his quickness and endurance while also working on developing physical skills for his particular sport seems.... questionable.

Apparently Fedor wrote a article on Cleveland.com and it says in there that Garland looks leaner/toner, not bulky muscle. So theres that. He said he hired a personal chef and really began to start to eat clean and change his diet along with strength/conditioning with the Cavs S/C coach.

Its not that much weight to put on in that time period for a 19 year old kid who is still growing into his body. When I was in my early 20s I went through a good weight loss post-college and shed about 10lbs per month by finally just working out and eating healthy. And I didnt have a Cavs trainer or dietitian haha Your body at that young of a age is extremely easy to manipulate up and down the scale. In your 30s, not so much 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1