Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

13 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Haha we got 3 7 footers out here!

Cavs are playing without all 4 of their PGs haha  They literally have nobody to initiate the offense so Larry Nance spent his time bringing the ball up the court. 

This team needs to get healthy badly. Sexton, Garland, Love, Porter Jr, Windler, Exum and Delly are ALL out lol that's insane

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Evan Mobley is so perfect for what the Cavs want to do. We are desperate for a Big that can Pass and defer to freaking drummond of all people.

If I have to watch Drummond dribble the ball off his leg out of bounds for a turnover one more time Im going to lose it. I swear the dude is a walking turnover if he is doing anything but finishing dump offs from a PG.

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If I have to watch Drummond dribble the ball off his leg out of bounds for a turnover one more time Im going to lose it. I swear the dude is a walking turnover if he is doing anything but finishing dump offs from a PG.

He's so frustrating to watch. He is so strong and can dominate inside. When he isn't making mental errors he's almost impossible to stop. His passing isn't half bad, just inconsistent.

31 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

He's so frustrating to watch. He is so strong and can dominate inside. When he isn't making mental errors he's almost impossible to stop. His passing isn't half bad, just inconsistent.

Thats my issue, he is so big and strong but he plays like he is a undersized PF. He needs to embrace his size and be more physically dominant. Hes mostly too busy trying to face up and take guys off the dribble and do little layups when he has zero touch around the rim. He misses like 7-10 layups/baby hooks per game. JUST DUNK THE BALL haha

It almost reminds me of Big Z when everyone was screaming at him in the mid-2000s to be more physical with his size and dunk instead of being all soft around the rim

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I’ve said it many times. There is nothing more frustrating than watching a big try to be a guard. It’s like he’s too insecure to just accept his role. Like Dwight in Houston after shaq punked him saying he had no offensive moves and he then he refused to be a pnr big after that. Makes you appreciate TT who knew what he could do and what he couldn’t. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’ve said it many times. There is nothing more frustrating than watching a big try to be a guard. It’s like he’s too insecure to just accept his role. Like Dwight in Houston after shaq punked him saying he had no offensive moves and he then he refused to be a pnr big after that. Makes you appreciate TT who knew what he could do and what he couldn’t. 

I think it’s just ego.  These guys all think they’re gonna be the next superstar and have absurd versatility.

Taking crappy shots off the dribble at 7’ doesn’t make you versatile, it makes you an idiot.

All Drummond needs to do is play defense and be a monster on pnr and setting screens.  As far as passing, just make a nice pass if you’re doubled or don’t have a good look.  Doesn’t have to be fancy, just don’t turn it over.

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

So I only really follow the Cavs. Are these players we are getting in the Harden trade any good?

Here's my quick breakdown:

First and most important, Woj had it flipped. He keeps tweeting that we sent out OUR 2022 1st via Milwaukee. It is, obviously, the other way around. We are sending MILWAUKEE's 2022 first. We still have ours.

Jarrett Allen - Best hair in the league. Blocks shots with his hair. Big advantage. He's a solid rotation piece. Traditional center, so he doesn't help us this year a ton, but he's likely the starter next year once Drummond moves on. If not, he's a backup who has a similar skillset so you don't lose Drummond's rebounding when he's off the court. And he's still VERY young (only 22) for the fact that he's been in the league 4 years already. He's also improved his scoring and rebounding numbers every single year DESPITE taking fewer shots per game each year too (he stopped trying to take 3s cause he couldn't hit them and got more consistent at finishing around the rim.)

Taurean Prince - One of the best takedowns of a stupid reporter question ever after Baylor was eliminated from the tournament a few years back. He's an okay backup wing. Hits 35% on 3s this year, 37% or so for his career. He had really solid years for Atlanta in 17-18 and 18-19 but hasn't been as good with Brooklyn since. 

Both guys are younger rotation players. My guess is they think they can rehabilitate Prince's career  (I guess our FO thinks our shooting coaches can improve anybody's shot) and flip him to a contender middle of this year for a comparable pick to the Milwaukee one that we are giving up. Then they get Allen for free.

I'm fine with the trade. Once Giannis resigned with Milwaukee that pick lost most of its value. I think Allen and Prince is solid value for it at this point. (Exum is a salary dump. He never bounced back enough to net us even a 2nd round pick for moving him.) 

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck