Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

right now they say the Raptors are the team that prolly wants him the most. I dont think they have any real bad contracts on their team. All their big contracts belong to their core. I think the Cavs would have to take on like4 guys and prolly do some buy outs. 

yeah or just got a 3rd team involved looking to dump salary 

I thought expiring contracts in the NBA were attractive.  A team would literally have to pay the rest of a hefty salary for a double double every night kinda player.  He is not what the new NBA centers look like, but his skillset does serve a purpose.  Why we couldn't get a 1 from a contending team is a little confusing to me. 

I mean I get that he is a rental, and maybe not in someone's long term plans....but he also won't command that type of money in a future contract, so not sure why he is not more attractive to some contending teams????

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I thought expiring contracts in the NBA were attractive.  A team would literally have to pay the rest of a hefty salary for a double double every night kinda player.  He is not what the new NBA centers look like, but his skillset does serve a purpose.  Why we couldn't get a 1 from a contending team is a little confusing to me. 

I mean I get that he is a rental, and maybe not in someone's long term plans....but he also won't command that type of money in a future contract, so not sure why he is not more attractive to some contending teams????

We got him for a 2 last year. He didn’t become more valuable since coming here. So no. No one is giving up a first. His selfish idiotic playing style isn’t going to be attractive to a contender. 

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Random, but why have we not seen a point guard anywhere close to as effective and efficient as Chris Paul on both sides of the ball?

I feel like 90% of PGs we’ve seen since he was drafted were just undersized SGs. 

Rondo was pretty close at his peak.

It’s a real good question. We’ve seen top notch players on both sides the ball except basically PG

-Jrue Holiday might be closest in play style / defense but his O is like 70% or less of Pauls

-Westbrook was a great two way point for a long time but had way less control of the game and played more like a bull in a China shop than a do it all savvy PG

-Deron Williams in his prime was as good offensively as Paul but not the defender

i feel the meta of the NBA is drifting towards sharing the play making load. It’s generally much better to have 3 players averaging ~5APG than it is to have one average ~10 and two others at ~2.5. Having more motion/shared duties makes your team harder to guard cause there’s more motion and ball movement. This leads to more shooting and spacing. 

I really think Steph changed the game more than anyone. It’s better to get lower ball dominance from your lead guard and focus on a team-game. Move off ball, set picks, create space. Have multiple passes and ball handlers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Can the Nets be the NBA equivalent of the Chiefs?

Harden has figured out how he can contribute. KD is KD and I’ve never been worried about him. Kyrie is just a undersized SG.

Yes. They can and they will. Harden has always been a PG so it works. They’ll figure out the defense. That’s the easy part. 3 elite offensive players is the hard/ almost impossible part. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Now that normal transmission has resumed and we are looking like a top lottery pick. Who do we feel good about in the draft? Hard to evaluate when there wasn’t much of a college season 

Much stronger draft this year.

Cade Cunningham is THE guy. You’ve also got Evan Mobley, Johnathan Kuminga, Jalen Suggs, and Jalen Green.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Should've traded him on the expiring contract when he was half brittle. (he was always full brittle) Just trying to make myself feel better.

No one wanted him. They wanted us to trade a 1st with him to get rid of him. Gilbert made a mistake. He thought without lebron love would put up big numbers and someone would want him. We’d be way over the cap anyway so his salary wouldn’t have mattered. But then love had about 70 more injuries and a bad attitude last year. So in retrospect it was a bad move. Not terrible at the time. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck