Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So in retrospect it was a bad move. Not terrible at the time. 

I think getting him in the first place was a bad move.

I have heard some say that we would not have won a championship without him but that is highly debatable.

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No one wanted him. They wanted us to trade a 1st with him to get rid of him. Gilbert made a mistake. He thought without lebron love would put up big numbers and someone would want him. We’d be way over the cap anyway so his salary wouldn’t have mattered. But then love had about 70 more injuries and a bad attitude last year. So in retrospect it was a bad move. Not terrible at the time. 

If I remember correctly I thought we had to trade him with a 1st because we gave him that nice extension. When his deal was expiring they shouldve shipped him out. but they gave him that extension and made him virtually impossible to trade.

Just now, bruceb said:

I think getting him in the first place was a bad move.

I have heard some say that we would not have won a championship without him but that is highly debatable.

I agree 100%. Never liked him. RJ had a lot more to do with that win than love did. As soon as love went out with foul trouble and RJ came in to play small ball 4 we played a lot smoother. I wouldn’t have kept Wiggins but love was just a bad fit with his terrible defense and the force feeding him terrible post possessions that got blocked all the time. 

2 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

If I remember correctly I thought we had to trade him with a 1st because we gave him that nice extension. When his deal was expiring they shouldve shipped him out. but they gave him that extension and made him virtually impossible to trade.

I think love had a player option that teams were worried that he’d pick up. That’s why we would have had to add a 1st. 

I believe Altman is on his way out. Resigning Love, trading5picks and $ for Porter, poor trade with Irving, whiffing on Garland and Windler, Drummond fiasco, releasing Porter, signing Beulein as coach, and inability to build a roster.  The two solid decisions are Okoro and Allen trade.

2 hours ago, #32 said:

I believe Altman is on his way out. Resigning Love, trading5picks and $ for Porter, poor trade with Irving, whiffing on Garland and Windler, Drummond fiasco, releasing Porter, signing Beulein as coach, and inability to build a roster.  The two solid decisions are Okoro and Allen trade.

Gilbert isn’t letting his puppet go anywhere. Gilbert can’t work with a real GM. 

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I agree 100%. Never liked him. RJ had a lot more to do with that win than love did. As soon as love went out with foul trouble and RJ came in to play small ball 4 we played a lot smoother. I wouldn’t have kept Wiggins but love was just a bad fit with his terrible defense and the force feeding him terrible post possessions that got blocked all the time. 

That / This team with Embid

oooooh my

That was who's camp I was in at the time

13 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

That / This team with Embid

oooooh my

That was who's camp I was in at the time

I liked jabari. He was so polished in college. Really thought he’d be something great. Embiids injury scared me even back then. I’m not sure we would have ever saw healthy embiid and lebron together. Lebron wouldn’t have the patience to wait. 

Joe Vardon did not have good things to say about the Cavs today on 92.3. 

saying Collin is turning into a shot chucker and it’s starting to annoy other players. Talking about Okuru being absolutely lost out there. 

didn’t have great things to say about Kolby

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Joe Vardon did not have good things to say about the Cavs today on 92.3. 

saying Collin is turning into a shot chucker and it’s starting to annoy other players. Talking about Okuru being absolutely lost out there. 

didn’t have great things to say about Kolby

Bickerstaff is nothing more than an assistant. Should have never been anything more. And Koby has always just been Gilbert’s puppet. He might make some good trades but his drafting and team building is terrible. Tons of bigs and small guards. The opposite of today’s game. 

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’d understand this if anybody else on the team could shoot.

Vardon was saying that even guys on other teams know it. even said he has heard trash talk where the opponents tells the guy he is covering "We both know Collin aint passing the ball'

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck