Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The construction of the team is a lesser concern to some degree as you can move guys once the cream starts to rise, but as of now there’s not a lot to love about any of these guys.

Allen and Sexton have shown some ability, but they don’t look like guys you can build a winning team around.  At least not yet.  Same with Garland.

At some point we have to find “the guy” who this team is going to be based around.

Agree when we are so far from competing it really doesn't matter how the players we have right now fit together.

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Agree when we are so far from competing it really doesn't matter how the players we have right now fit together.

Yeah, but at what point are we going to "make our move?"

It seems like we're stuck between being a team that is trying to complete now vs. a team that is in a complete rebuild.

Our GM is a disaster. Or whoever is calling the shots is, at least.

Also, I don't know what we're waiting for. A top 5 player coming to Cleveland so we can make some trades to get a big 3? That ain't happening. We might as well just draft a team that is sensible and fits what we want to be...whatever that is.

2 hours ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

Yeah, but at what point are we going to "make our move?"

It seems like we're stuck between being a team that is trying to complete now vs. a team that is in a complete rebuild.

Our GM is a disaster. Or whoever is calling the shots is, at least.

Also, I don't know what we're waiting for. A top 5 player coming to Cleveland so we can make some trades to get a big 3? That ain't happening. We might as well just draft a team that is sensible and fits what we want to be...whatever that is.

I think they are waiting to land that center piece in the drsft but they keep getting jumped in the draft. When it comes to the draft you gotta draft BPA. They did that with Sexton and Garland. 

they did what you said and it lead to a bad pick IMO. Not a fan of Okuro. 

I think once they land that center piece than moves can be made to surround/build around that guy. KPJ maybe could Have been that guy but he is a mental midget. 

49 minutes ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

Whereas Sexton and Garland are literal midgets. And I think Okoro will be fine. He was a long-term project and isn’t even halfway through his rookie season. 

Agree re Okoro.

He just needs to get up to speed.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck