Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

still cant believe they gave up on him so fast. That move set the franchise back another year in the rebuild.

Well his incident before the season with the handgun and his issue in the locker room, were the straws that broke the back. There were prolly some smaller things to happen previous.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well his incident before the season with the handgun and his issue in the locker room, were the straws that broke the back. There were prolly some smaller things to happen previous.

Probably was but still. The Cavs gave up 4 second round picks for him and he was by far their highest ceiling young guy. I would have stuck him in the G-league like the Rockets did until he can back with a better attitude instead of just outright dumping him.

Other teams like the Celtics/Lakers/Heat/ect can get away with that stuff but a team that is rebuilding in a small market like Cleveland cant afford to get rid of that talent. I would have held on for dear life until he got in enough legal trouble or demanded a trade

Edited by AkronsWitness

50 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

the bottom part is a mistake. No one should be untouchable. They might be talented but not untouchable talent. 

I would consider Allen untouchable, hes only 22 years old (somehow because he looks 30) and is on his way to being a top 5 Center in the league in another year if hes not there already.

For the others, IDK. What would you trade Garland/Sexton for? More picks? A player? It just feels like you would be selling off on those guys to start back at the beginning of a rebuild and keep running on the treadmill. 

The only way I would trade one of them would be for a equally talented young guy who maybe fit better--like Sexton for Michael Porter Jr. type of thing but IDK how many teams would be interested in swapping young talent.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would consider Allen untouchable, hes only 22 years old (somehow because he looks 30) and is on his way to being a top 5 Center in the league in another year if hes not there already.

For the others, IDK. What would you trade Garland/Sexton for? More picks? A player? It just feels like you would be selling off on those guys to start back at the beginning of a rebuild and keep running on the treadmill. 

The only way I would trade one of them would be for a equally talented young guy who maybe fit better--like Sexton for Michael Porter Jr. type of thing but IDK how many teams would be interested in swapping young talent.

Allen has been good. But not untouchable. To be untouchable means untouchable. Like if the bucks offered ginnis you really think we’d say no? So no he’s not untouchable and no one on his team is or should be considered. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Allen has been good. But not untouchable. To be untouchable means untouchable. Like if the bucks offered ginnis you really think we’d say no? So no he’s not untouchable and no one on his team is or should be considered. 

Well yeah if somebody wants to trade for a AllStar but nobody is going to offer that sort of compensation. I just dont know how moving any of Garland/Sexton/Allen would make the Cavs better because it would likely be for draft picks

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Does Garland just become a backup PG? 

Or a trading piece?

I am ALL about not wasting assets and making sure to maximize value. If you get a shot at Cunningham, you take him and figure the rest out later. (In this case, I'd see about packaging Garland and something else to get a pick that would allow me to take one of the good 3nD wings in this class. Then your core is Cunningham, Sexton, Okoro, 3nD wing, and Jarret Allen. With hopefully Windler as the sniper.) 

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

fire Koby 

can you really blame Koby tho? The dude was a A-hole in college and was an a-hole in the offseason and early part of the season this year. Only a matter of time that he is an a-hole for Houston. Houston was smoked by the Jazz, seems like a pretty empty 27pts. Seems like Utah only tried in the 1st half and held him to 12pts while they were up by close to 20pts 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

can you really blame Koby tho? The dude was a A-hole in college and was an a-hole in the offseason and early part of the season this year. Only a matter of time that he is an a-hole for Houston. Houston was smoked by the Jazz, seems like a pretty empty 27pts. Seems like Utah only tried in the 1st half and held him to 12pts while they were up by close to 20pts 

Yes I can blame him. Good management manages issues not runs from them. He has too much talent to just throw away for nothing. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yes I can blame him. Good management manages issues not runs from them. He has too much talent to just throw away for nothing. 

Agree.

I do not know what, if anything, they did to intervene and help the young man and salvage the asset, but my guess is not much.