Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

The NBA needs to severely fix this superteam model somehow. It’s gonna absolute insanity that there are only 2-3 teams that have a chance to win it all every year.

The Nets have like 8 superstars. The Cavs have 0. The prime Warriors were literally untouchable while other teams were outright awful.

I have no good solution yet other than getting rid of the “max” contract. This would mean guys like LeBron James would make more than guys like freaking John Wall does. That’s part of the problem. Or even cut the amount of NBA teams down if you’re just gonna have 27 dumpster fire teams and 3 good ones. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

But that’s what people are going for. I like okoro. I think he has a place in the league and I’ll take him all day over cedi. Hell that Thomas guy gives you better play in limited minutes than both of them sometimes.

Yeah it's worries me that you get better mins out of Stevens/Wade than you do half the time out of Okoro/Osman.

Okoro is all about mentality. He has shown he has a really nice slashing type of game and can finish at the rim when he wants to. He is even competent from 3. He just never asserts himself offensively. 

Maybe it's him being a rookie and not wanting to go crazy or whatever but I really hope next year with a year under him that he becomes more aggressive on offense and turns into a 15-18ppg scorer. He has it in him, he just needs the shot attempts to do it.

6 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

The sad reality is that it doesn’t matter who the Cavs draft. If we don’t stumble onto a LeBron James, we will not ever be relevant in this parody-less NBA. 

Correct. The Cavs were never even a FA destination WITH Lebron here, let alone without.

The only way for them to become a Milwaukee Bucks type team in a small market is by complete and utter luck through the bouncing of ping pong balls in the draft.

Teams like the Cavs need more than anything great culture, great coaching and supportive ownership.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Correct. The Cavs were never even a FA destination WITH Lebron here, let alone without.

The only way for them to become a Milwaukee Bucks type team in a small market is by complete and utter luck through the bouncing of ping pong balls in the draft.

Teams like the Cavs need more than anything great culture, great coaching and supportive ownership.

We weren’t a free agent destination with lebron because we had no cap space. But we got some pretty good vets on the min or MLE. Winning makes you a free agent destination. But yes you have to start that by drafting a star or 2. No star is just going to come here on their own. Unless they’re crazy injury prone and we max them. Like Hayward was in Charlotte. 

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah our best chance is to try and build a defensive-minded team that aggravated the hot shot teams. An old school Pistons lineup. Or try to recreate the Spurs. That’s why I liked the Okoro pick. He’s not a superstar that kids are gonna idolize, but he’s a gritty tough dude that plays his nuts off. 

16 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Yeah our best chance is to try and build a defensive-minded team that aggravated the hot shot teams. An old school Pistons lineup. Or try to recreate the Spurs. That’s why I liked the Okoro pick. He’s not a superstar that kids are gonna idolize, but he’s a gritty tough dude that plays his nuts off. 

That's true but they could also benefit from drafting players who can create their own shot. Watching this team try to score 100+ points is comical. You can't beat anybody if you are incapable of scoring 100.

They have nobody outside of Garland who can shoot off the dribble, every player on the roster is a catch and shoot player. Nobody outside of Garland/Sexton can even create a shot for themselves.

And releasing Porter Jr was a mistake that set the franchise back 3+ years.

He shot like crap last night, but have had my eye on Moses Moody for a bit. He can get a shot off against anyone. Nice and fluid. Looks like he has some handle and passing skills. He could really be an elite wing at the next level. Reminds me a bit of someone like Khris Middleton. I've seen comps of Joe Johnson too. 

Nice looking player for if our lottery luck continues.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck