Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I could care less about KPJ. The dude was a moron. I had no problem with them moving on from him.

Dude is being great at putting up empty stats with the Rockets.

Just a matter of time until he does something extremely. If the dude couldnt keep his cool just because his locker got moved, he has some issues going on

Nah Koby shouldn’t be let off hook for how poorly handled tat situation was. Its well known that Porter jr was a knucklehead before the draft, it’s the only reason he wasn’t a lottery pick. 

When it’s comes to players with character concerns you either have a some sort of plan or structure in place to deal with them or you remove them from your draft board.

• Like 3

The thing that you guys have to consider isn't the skill of the guards we have. 

It's the league trending towards taller guards. We can't throw out two small guys in the same lineup and expect to have any sort of success. What happened was, they drafted Sexton 8th just to get some scoring and talent on the roster. He had a good rookie year, but he hadn't shown anything besides scoring. So they went with the true PG, which is Garland. 

Then Sexton showed out his 2nd year and Garland struggled. Sexton became the alpha of the 2.

This is not sustainable. 

We need Sexgod off the bench. 

23 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

I can pretty much guarantee you that if we tell Sexton he’s coming off the bench for us, he’ll leave in FA. 

I think he’s all about winning. If so he needs to realize being a 6th man on a winning team is the way to go. It doesn’t matter who starts, it matters who finishes. 

You guys really need to stop suckling the breast of cats that won’t be in the league in a few years. Blah blah Porter jr is not worth your time suckling. There’s a reason he dropped to the late first. Now if you want to see a dumb move?  It’s us trading into the first to grab this cat when it was clear nobody else wanted him. It was made known he’s on the trade block, and all we got was a crappy 2nd?  Honestly all you need to know about this future HOFer you guys keep lamenting. Shake my head...

Anyway the real travesty is we keep winning. That’s the Cavalier way, win just enough to get out of the top five. 

14 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Nah Koby shouldn’t be let off hook for how poorly handled tat situation was. Its well known that Porter jr was a knucklehead before the draft, it’s the only reason he wasn’t a lottery pick. 

When it’s comes to players with character concerns you either have a some sort of plan or structure in place to deal with them or you remove them from your draft board.

how do know that there wasnt a plan in place. It could have been in place. After he got in his car accident with a loaded gun and drugs in the car, they turned that plan into an absolute zero tolerance plan. Dude got all pissy his locker got moved even tho he isnt even dressing/playing in the games and they just told him to go pound salt.

16 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I think he’s all about winning. If so he needs to realize being a 6th man on a winning team is the way to go. It doesn’t matter who starts, it matters who finishes. 

You guys really need to stop suckling the breast of cats that won’t be in the league in a few years. Blah blah Porter jr is not worth your time suckling. There’s a reason he dropped to the late first. Now if you want to see a dumb move?  It’s us trading into the first to grab this cat when it was clear nobody else wanted him. It was made known he’s on the trade block, and all we got was a crappy 2nd?  Honestly all you need to know about this future HOFer you guys keep lamenting. Shake my head...

Anyway the real travesty is we keep winning. That’s the Cavalier way, win just enough to get out of the top five. 

I’m pretty sure they set it up so it doesn’t benefit you to tank anymore? Or is that a hoax? Cause Pelicans got Zion. They were not close to be the worst team.

29 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

I’m pretty sure they set it up so it doesn’t benefit you to tank anymore? Or is that a hoax? Cause Pelicans got Zion. They were not close to be the worst team.

They evened out the odds a lot. So you still get better odds being in the worst slots, but it's much less of an advantage than before.

Old pattern.

screen-shot-2017-04-23-at-10-14-43-am.pn

New chances

2019-NBA-Draft-Lottery-odds.jpg

So, for example, if you had the best odds, you used to have a 65% chance to get a top 3 pick. Now it's only about 40%. You used to have a worst case scenario of the #4 pick, now it's the #5 pick and you have an almost 50% chance of that worst case scenario happening (as opposed to about 35% chance before). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I understand drawing a line with players and setting a standard, but when your as talent deprived as the Cavs are--who are also incapable of attracting FAs, ESPECIALLY when you traded 4 (F-O-U-R) draft picks to take Porter Jr. You simply cannot give up on him that quickly. Not for what you invested in him for.

letting Drummond walk because he had a crappy attitude is one thing, but giving up that quick on Porter is another

7 minutes ago, FGK said:

They evened out the odds a lot. So you still get better odds being in the worst slots, but it's much less of an advantage than before.

Old pattern.

screen-shot-2017-04-23-at-10-14-43-am.pn

New chances

2019-NBA-Draft-Lottery-odds.jpg

So, for example, if you had the best odds, you used to have a 65% chance to get a top 3 pick. Now it's only about 40%. You used to have a worst case scenario of the #4 pick, now it's the #5 pick and you have an almost 50% chance of that worst case scenario happening (as opposed to about 35% chance before). 

Which is completely stupid. 

Trying to prevent teams from tanking is one thing, but having the next 3-5-8-10 years of a franchise dependent on pure luck of a ping pong ball is even dumber. It keeps bad teams down longer than they need to be. Especially when you consider the bottom tier team are typically smaller markets who cant attract anybody in FA if their lives depended on it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Which is completely stupid. 

Trying to prevent teams from tanking is one thing, but having the next 3-5-8-10 years of a franchise dependent on pure luck of a ping pong ball is even dumber. It keeps bad teams down longer than they need to be. Especially when you consider the bottom tier team are typically smaller markets who cant attract anybody in FA if their lives depended on it

Yep. It was dressed up as a fix for tanking, but it really did further establish the supremacy of the big market teams' ability to build through FA and trades for superstars.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Like freaky stated it is mathematically harder to get the first pick. But there is still only so far you can fall down the draft. So there attempt at stopping the tanking isn’t working. It still behooves teams to lose as much as they can. 

20 hours ago, FGK said:

Yep. It was dressed up as a fix for tanking, but it really did further establish the supremacy of the big market teams' ability to build through FA and trades for superstars.

Yep. And I’ve never been a conspiracy theorist nor have I believed the nba has rigged the lottery. However I think it’s been rigged the last two years to show that it’s not worth it to tank. Coincidence LA got the first pick the first year the new lottery rules were in place?  Or Golden State last year?🤔

34 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. And I’ve never been a conspiracy theorist nor have I believed the nba has rigged the lottery. However I think it’s been rigged the last two years to show that it’s not worth it to tank. Coincidence LA got the first pick the first year the new lottery rules were in place?  Or Golden State last year?🤔

no LA team had the #1 pick pick recently. lakers had some #2s tho

golden state was still the worst team in the league. one of the more hated teams, so why would they reward them?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

no LA team had the #1 pick pick recently. lakers had some #2s tho

golden state was still the worst team in the league. one of the more hated teams, so why would they reward them?

You’re correct. I’m just salty the nba dropped us as far as they could the last 2 years. 2019 the Lakers finished with the 11th worst record and moved all the way to pick 4th. Subsequently used that high pick to trade for Davis. Coincidentally Lebron James’ team. The warriors did finish last last year but coincidentally stayed near the top while the other teams dropped. 

But I’m admittedly salty. 

11 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

If they let Minnesota win not once but twice. 

The Pellies win.

And us win the Kyrie draft.

**** is not rigged. Plus the Knicks and Bulls in theory would have better luck. 

It's definitely not rigged but to have a draft system in place where the 12th worst team in the league even has a chance at a top 3 pick is completely stupid.

The way the NBA is setup gives every advantage to large market teams to succeed and works against small market/midwest teams in every conceivable way.

Not like it matters because you know the NBA loves star players to play in the big markets for the #brand and marketability of the league. They couldn't care less and I don't think they will ever do anything about the balance issue.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck