Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying it’s irrelevant, but a good coach doesn’t win you a ring.  Doesn’t do much other than maybe make a middling team somewhat relevant.

We don’t even have a middling team at this point tbh.  Firing a coach doesn’t move the needle imo.

Nothing moves the needle in any significant manner other than a huge increase in talent.

Agreed. If we move on from JB, which I would be fine with, we have to do it with a sense of direction from our FO. I don't dislike JB or Koby and I think we draft pretty solid and we make smart enough moves. We have been developing our talent pretty well. We just haven't bridged that talent gap yet. 

9 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Agreed. If we move on from JB, which I would be fine with, we have to do it with a sense of direction from our FO. I don't dislike JB or Koby and I think we draft pretty solid and we make smart enough moves. We have been developing our talent pretty well. We just haven't bridged that talent gap yet. 

Plus we have fired 100 coaches in the last decade. Its coaching to a extent, but at what point is it on the players to shut up and take the losses and improve.

The coaches arnt making Love completely worthless, the coaches arnt the ones out there bricking every open 3 look we have.

Thats the wins and losses right there--hit your open shots. The Cavs dont have enough players who can create off dribble. Outside of Garland there isnt a single other player on the team who can shoot off the dribble maybe besides Dotson. Everybody else is a spot up shooter and even they dont hit their shots

Sexton, Love, Okoro, Cedi, Allen, Wade, Nance ect are ALL spot up shooters only. Garland is the ONLY player we have that can take a guy off the dribble and shoot off the bounce

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Nice. I will be ecstatic if this team can get Cade or Green. That would be amazing and really put this team on a path to getting better.

On another note, Okoro is going to be a monster in 2-3 years from now. He is about the only player on the roster you can see visibly getting better later in the season while everyone else is either injured or looking for his roller coaster to end

On 5/11/2021 at 2:40 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Nice. I will be ecstatic if this team can get Cade or Green. That would be amazing and really put this team on a path to getting better.

On another note, Okoro is going to be a monster in 2-3 years from now. He is about the only player on the roster you can see visibly getting better later in the season while everyone else is either injured or looking for his roller coaster to end

I mean Kevin Love just had his best game in a few years...No better way to tell the fans you hate us then to drop 30+ in a game where we needed you to suck. 

• Like 1