Jump to content

Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Mediocrity


Recommended Posts

Just now, BrownsDog23 said:

Giannis desperately needs a closer, until he’s paired with one I don’t think he ever gets past a legit contender 

He's too limited in offense to be a consistent closer. His only moves is drive, drive and spin or drive and euro step.

He doesnt have a reliable jumper and it kills the Bucks in their ability to close with him

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve always thought Doc Rivers was overrated, but man…

 

If he loses to the Hawks this series….

I think Doc would be a better coach for young players in a rebuild (like the Cavs) than he does managing Superstar talent at this point in his coaching career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think Doc would be a better coach for young players in a rebuild (like the Cavs) than he does managing Superstar talent at this point in his coaching career.

No way. Doc hates young players. He’d be the worst type of coach here. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No way. Doc hates young players. He’d be the worst type of coach here. 

He might hate them but he has been horrible at managing superstar talented veterans. Hes underacheived or suffered embarassing series losses with every veteran led team hes been responsible in recent memory.

Maybe he should realize he would be more valuable to a franchise looking to build so he can teach more and less worrying about making 2-3 All Stars happy and successful in the playoffs.

It might be more rewarding for him too. Just my opinion

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He might hate them but he has been horrible at managing superstar talented veterans. Hes underacheived or suffered embarassing series losses with every veteran led team hes been responsible in recent memory.

Maybe he should realize he would be more valuable to a franchise looking to build so he can teach more and less worrying about making 2-3 All Stars happy and successful in the playoffs.

It might be more rewarding for him too. Just my opinion

He’s not gonna change. Coaches don’t change. Especially this late into his career. He obviously only wants to coach established vets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc Rivers was “good” because he had a prime year of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett. 3 hall of famers who play styles complimented each other perfectly. Then you had really solid players like a young Rajon Rondo, Tony Allen, and Kendrick Perkins.

 

That’s it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

In a way, I kinda feel bad for a guy like CP3.

 

This is basically his last real shot at a title. The stars will never line up like they have this year.

 

Kawhi might be done and the Nets are 1 bad game out of Durant from being done. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...