Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, BrownsDog23 said:

Giannis desperately needs a closer, until he’s paired with one I don’t think he ever gets past a legit contender 

He's too limited in offense to be a consistent closer. His only moves is drive, drive and spin or drive and euro step.

He doesnt have a reliable jumper and it kills the Bucks in their ability to close with him

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve always thought Doc Rivers was overrated, but man…

If he loses to the Hawks this series….

I think Doc would be a better coach for young players in a rebuild (like the Cavs) than he does managing Superstar talent at this point in his coaching career.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think Doc would be a better coach for young players in a rebuild (like the Cavs) than he does managing Superstar talent at this point in his coaching career.

No way. Doc hates young players. He’d be the worst type of coach here. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No way. Doc hates young players. He’d be the worst type of coach here. 

He might hate them but he has been horrible at managing superstar talented veterans. Hes underacheived or suffered embarassing series losses with every veteran led team hes been responsible in recent memory.

Maybe he should realize he would be more valuable to a franchise looking to build so he can teach more and less worrying about making 2-3 All Stars happy and successful in the playoffs.

It might be more rewarding for him too. Just my opinion

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He might hate them but he has been horrible at managing superstar talented veterans. Hes underacheived or suffered embarassing series losses with every veteran led team hes been responsible in recent memory.

Maybe he should realize he would be more valuable to a franchise looking to build so he can teach more and less worrying about making 2-3 All Stars happy and successful in the playoffs.

It might be more rewarding for him too. Just my opinion

He’s not gonna change. Coaches don’t change. Especially this late into his career. He obviously only wants to coach established vets. 

Doc Rivers was “good” because he had a prime year of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett. 3 hall of famers who play styles complimented each other perfectly. Then you had really solid players like a young Rajon Rondo, Tony Allen, and Kendrick Perkins.

That’s it.

• Like 2

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck