Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He needs to be your 3rd or 4th best player.

His shooting is inexcusable as a professional.

It seems like Philly is going to feel the pressure to "have" to move him.  I wonder if this takes away some of the value, and thus, the amount needed to get him in a trade?

Edited by big poppa pump

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I would gladly take Ben Simmons off the 76ers hands. The defense alone makes me want him. Put him at the 4 and surround him with shooters. Not like we’d use the cap space he’d take him in a smart way anyway. 

Depends on the price. Love would have to be included to make salaries work obviously but I doubt the 76ers would trade Simmons for just Love. Cavs would likely have to attach our 1st rounder this year or a guy like Sexton to  make it worth it for them.

I dont know if the Cavs trading both Love/Sexton for Simmons who is incredibly limited offensively would be smart. Having Okoro/Simmons/Allen on the floor together would be great defensively, the Cavs would just never score more than 85 points in a game.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Depends on the price. Love would have to be included to make salaries work obviously but I doubt the 76ers would trade Simmons for just Love. Cavs would likely have to attach our 1st rounder this year or a guy like Sexton to  make it worth it for them.

I dont know if the Cavs trading both Love/Sexton for Simmons who is incredibly limited offensively would be smart. Having Okoro/Simmons/Allen on the floor together would be great defensively, the Cavs would just never score more than 85 points in a game.

I think okoro would have to go also. But okoro should be on the bench. He can’t guard forwards. Just guards. And who knows with Allen. We might not match whatever he signs for. He’s not worth anything close to the max. I’d rather go into the future with Garland and simmons and build around that. 

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think okoro would have to go also. But okoro should be on the bench. He can’t guard forwards. Just guards. And who knows with Allen. We might not match whatever he signs for. He’s not worth anything close to the max. I’d rather go into the future with Garland and simmons and build around that. 

He cant guard Forwards because Okoro is a SG. Hes 6'4"-6"5 being asked to play out of position every night because the Cavs front office is hellbent on making this Garland/Sexton backcourt work. Which is another reason Sexton either needs to be moved to the bench or traded with Love.

You trade Love/Sexton for Simmons and have:

PG- Garland

SG- Okoro

SF- Kuminga/Green/Johnson/Barnes

PF- Simmons

C- Allen

Which makes me excited. A whole lot of growing needs to be done on offense, but man that defense would be lethal.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We just need him to play defense and pass the ball. We have enough ball hogs. 

exactly...

also something mentally has to be off. he wasnt like this in other playoff series in the past.

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

exactly...

also something mentally has to be off. he wasnt like this in other playoff series in the past.

Doc is an enabler. Always has been. At least Brett brown use to make him set screens and roll and off ball screens when he doesn’t have the ball. Doc just lets him stand around disinterested. He’s got too much time to think. 

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Doc is an enabler. Always has been. At least Brett brown use to make him set screens and roll and off ball screens when he doesn’t have the ball. Doc just lets him stand around disinterested. He’s got too much time to think. 

also feel like he has to defer to Embid a lot. Speaking of Embid his TOs are not being talked about nearly as much. 16TOs the last 2 games

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck