Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Steph won’t play in the Olympics, but KD and Harden will. KD and Harden are probably playing so they can learn to play together more. They both didn’t really get to during the season.

Soooo

Dame

Harden

Tatum

KD

Draymond

That team should destroy other countries by 30+. KD is a monster in FIBA.

Edited by candyman93

Big no on Simmons. Dude folds like paper when it counts. A guy that can’t shoot that relies on driving to that basket that just provided 38 or so % from the charity stripe? Uhhhh. 

We can get a far cheaper potentially better version of him by just drafting Barnes. He’s young and may be able to learn to shoot. And he’s not a mental midget. 

I mean I guess if we think we can get him on the cheap, keep our pick this year and draft Green maybe it can work?  Maybe Suggs and have Okoro at 2 and have Simmons at 3?  We’d still need shooting at 4. 

Oy, I need guys to step up in the playoffs. If we ever get to the playoffs that is. Simmons just doesn’t seem to have the mentality to get there. 

So, uh no?

10 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Big no on Simmons. Dude folds like paper when it counts. A guy that can’t shoot that relies on driving to that basket that just provided 38 or so % from the charity stripe? Uhhhh. 

We can get a far cheaper potentially better version of him by just drafting Barnes. He’s young and may be able to learn to shoot. And he’s not a mental midget. 

I mean I guess if we think we can get him on the cheap, keep our pick this year and draft Green maybe it can work?  Maybe Suggs and have Okoro at 2 and have Simmons at 3?  We’d still need shooting at 4. 

Oy, I need guys to step up in the playoffs. If we ever get to the playoffs that is. Simmons just doesn’t seem to have the mentality to get there. 

So, uh no?

I would love to be to a point where we worry about guys not stepping up in the playoffs. 

Cavs could use some love tonight in lottery as a top 4 pick would ensure a quality NBA starter and a two way player.  I would trade Love and Sexton to Philly for Simmons and a Philly salary dump.

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I am sure you are chomping at the bit to itch and moan about said players not stepping up in the playoffs.

That would mean we actually got to the playoffs. Which would be the first time we have done so without Lebron since the 90s. I’ll take it. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I would gladly take Ben Simmons off the 76ers hands. The defense alone makes me want him. Put him at the 4 and surround him with shooters. Not like we’d use the cap space he’d take him in a smart way anyway. 

With Garland on the team running the show, we would take away Ben's one difference-making strength, which is being a PG with size that can pass. He's not effective on the perimeter, he isn't willing to work, he's on a max deal, he has no footwork. 

Like his defense would make him an ideal fit, but if we take the ball out of his hands even a little, it takes away his greatest strength. And vice versa with Garland. Plus, what do we do with Sexton? 

Garland-Sexton-Okoro-Simmons-Allen, on paper makes us better, but we still lack size, and have too many cooks/ballhandlers. 

• Like 1

Draft lotto tonight! I hate our chances and believe we will pick 6th or 7th in no mans land.

BTW screw Houston, they go from 10 years of Harden to getting the best lotto odds? We have a 44% chance of hitting a top 4 pick. If we dont hit that 44%, we're screwed. Also, how do we have the 5th seed and only a 2% chance to get the 5th pick but a 18% chance to get the 6th. Dumb.

I feel like if your the 5th seed, the highest probability you should have should be the 5th pick.

Lottery Seed Team Odds of No. 1 Pick Odds of No. 2 Pick Odds of No. 3 Pick Odds of No. 4 Pick Odds of No. 5 Pick Odds of No. 6 Pick
1 HOU 14.0% 13.4% 12.7% 12.0% 47.9% N/A
2 DET 14.0% 13.4% 12.7% 11.9% 27.8% 20.1%
3 ORL 14.0% 13.4% 12.7% 11.9% 14.8% 26.0%
4 OKC 11.5% 11.4% 11.2% 11.0% 7.4% 27.1%
5 CLE 11.5% 11.4% 11.2% 11.0% 2.2% 18.2%
Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

With Garland on the team running the show, we would take away Ben's one difference-making strength, which is being a PG with size that can pass. He's not effective on the perimeter, he isn't willing to work, he's on a max deal, he has no footwork. 

Like his defense would make him an ideal fit, but if we take the ball out of his hands even a little, it takes away his greatest strength. And vice versa with Garland. Plus, what do we do with Sexton? 

Garland-Sexton-Okoro-Simmons-Allen, on paper makes us better, but we still lack size, and have too many cooks/ballhandlers. 

I'll play devil's advocate with Ben. For starters, when Garland gets rest, Ben can easily run point and be a difference maker on the floor there. Second, I don't think you can ever have too many passers. Ballhandlers imo is the wrong term here. Garland and Simmons both have vision, and they don't need to dominate the ball to be able to read the floor. I think those two would be great together. I wouldnt give up a crazy return for Simmons right now, but Id definitely take him on this team, use his versatility as a defender to fix our woes there, and surround him and Allen with a team of guys who can shoot from the outside.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I'll play devil's advocate with Ben. For starters, when Garland gets rest, Ben can easily run point and be a difference maker on the floor there. Second, I don't think you can ever have too many passers. Ballhandlers imo is the wrong term here. Garland and Simmons both have vision, and they don't need to dominate the ball to be able to read the floor. I think those two would be great together. I wouldnt give up a crazy return for Simmons right now, but Id definitely take him on this team, use his versatility as a defender to fix our woes there, and surround him and Allen with a team of guys who can shoot from the outside.

You can’t play Simmons if we have Allen. We’d have to choose between them. You need 4 shooters around him because he’s such a non shooting factor. Allen will just get in the way. I like Allen but he’s really nothing special. Good inside defender but those PNR rim protecting rims are a dime a dozen. You need spacing. 

26 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

You can’t play Simmons if we have Allen. We’d have to choose between them. You need 4 shooters around him because he’s such a non shooting factor. Allen will just get in the way. I like Allen but he’s really nothing special. Good inside defender but those PNR rim protecting rims are a dime a dozen. You need spacing. 

I agree in a sense. The way our team is constructed you need Allen. 2 small less than good defenders. Nance is ok at D and well we don’t even have to discuss Klove. Obviously things will probably change where Allen won’t be a huge need but it’s the way it is.

side note: how do you sit out half the games with injury then be a total punk then decide to join the Olympic team. Talking to you Klove. 

46 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Oh I agree, I just struggle to see Ben ever being better than he is right now. He just is what he is. Maybe a change of scenery would shock him into growing but... I wouldn't hate it. Ultimately Ben is better than what we would have picking 5th or later.

Tough pill to swallow. Ballsy move. Reckless. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck