Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Idk man I disagree 

Allen can be our Clint Capela. You just need a floor stretcher with him. 

im telling y’all. Trade down with Orlando go Kuminga and Jalen Johnson. Get the two way wing and then a 4 that can stretch the floor. We’ll have a legit structure where players can actually grow within their roles. That’s how you become the next Atlanta. 

I think Johnson could very well be a head case. So no for me. I really want to just stay put and draft BPA. This is the perfect year to just stay put and put our franchise in a perfect spot to finally get a bonafide stud. No trying to be “creative”, just draft a dude. 

As far as what we have?  Don’t give a crap. Draft a guy and figure it out from there. I personally think Allen and Mobley can coexist. But if he or Sexton and other pieces and parts can net us a wing, let’s do it. Am I rambling? Yep. 

Btw where ya been?  Nice having you post again 🙂

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Pardon?

Mobley has so much more foot speed, agility, athleticism, instinct. He’s the best defensive prospect since Anthony Davis

he can switch onto guards, rotate. And cover the entire court. His length is insane. 

conference Dpoy, mvp, and freshman of the year. You make him sound like he’s a slow footed gangly uncoordinated stiff. He moves with so much grace and precision. And he’s the perfect modern big, he’s an amazing passer and decision maker and has a nice stroke. He’s not a perfect shooter yet but he’ll be a 35% 3pt shooter and 75% foul shooter in a year or two. 

Mobley can be a DPoY level nba player. He can be a star in a switch everything or drop coverage defense as the pivot

Allens alright but he’s all energy and hustle and not the most instinctive guy out there. He blocked half the shots of Mobley in college for instance. 

I also love Mobley’s fit with Garland

They are both sick at PnR and Mobley can be a real good pick and pop player too. And for a passing standpoint Garland is best at passing inside, and was one of the league leaders in assists at the rim, throws a mean lob too. 

and Garland is great moving off ball, and Mobley projects to be one of the best passing bigs in the NBA. Can use Garland as a weapon offball and Mobley can find him for kick out 3s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I also love Mobley’s fit with Garland

They are both sick at PnR and Mobley can be a real good pick and pop player too. And for a passing standpoint Garland is best at passing inside, and was one of the league leaders in assists at the rim, throws a mean lob too. 

and Garland is great moving off ball, and Mobley projects to be one of the best passing bigs in the NBA. Can use Garland as a weapon offball and Mobley can find him for kick out 3s.

Ok.

So who do you take if HOU takes Mobley?

4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I think Johnson could very well be a head case. So no for me. I really want to just stay put and draft BPA. This is the perfect year to just stay put and put our franchise in a perfect spot to finally get a bonafide stud. No trying to be “creative”, just draft a dude. 

As far as what we have?  Don’t give a crap. Draft a guy and figure it out from there. I personally think Allen and Mobley can coexist. But if he or Sexton and other pieces and parts can net us a wing, let’s do it. Am I rambling? Yep. 

Btw where ya been?  Nice having you post again 🙂

Thanks brother! 

I think more than anything this has to be the off-season when we decide our identity more then drafting one player. They’ve got to go all in on something. And I think that unless we can get Cade it should be filling out the roster so players can play at the right positions. 

Any thoughts on this trade idea?

Collin Sexton and K Love

for Wiggins and pick 7?

I think I’d do it 

• Like 1

No different than any other draft, you take the bpa and worry about fit later.

I do think, and imagine most do, this is probably the year they need to start making moves to define the long term vision of the roster and start putting pieces in place.

That said, I don’t think a ton has to be done and whatever needs to be done doesn’t have to be done immediately.  I’d really like to see how these pieces fit and how much some of the young guys have (or have not) improved before pulling the trigger on a trade.

If we take Mobley, there’s more than enough min at the 4 and 5 for he and Allen. Yeah the spacing isn’t ideal yet, but I think Mobley will get there and the interior defense should be great.  

If we go with Green, he starts by coming off the bench and gets mins at the 2/3 with Okoro. I suppose you could try running Sexton, Garland, Green and Okoro together and play some small ball, but that’s some absurdly small ball as they’re all 6’5 or under.

As far as trades, we’re pretty limited unless we’re gonna pull off something huge involving the young talent/#3.

Love has less than zero value and would need an asset attached more than likely to get rid of him. He offers nothing to this team imo and what value he may have to another team is far outweighed by his absurd salary.

Cedi can’t have much value imo.

Nance probably does have some value considering he’s a talented, high energy player on a good contract.  That said, those are the same reasons that moving him should be a last resort. Good teams need guys like him.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If we take Mobley, there’s more than enough min at the 4 and 5 for he and Allen. Yeah the spacing isn’t ideal yet, but I think Mobley will get there and the interior defense should be great.  

Yea there is enough mins but you cant be successful with two bigs like that on the floor. Cavs Dont have the shooters to pull that off. Sexton would greatly suffer if he isnt moved. Mobley needs a stretch big next to him to open up things for him and the offense

10 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yzwhl8vt

plus us sending out 3

and getting 5&8..

I would consider it a grand slam for Koby

umm, you forgot something. Otto's final year of his contract was this season, so he's a free agent with no contract. The trade machine doesnt update that, but Gary Harris is the Magic's highest paid player for next season at 20 mil

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yea there is enough mins but you cant be successful with two bigs like that on the floor. Cavs Dont have the shooters to pull that off. Sexton would greatly suffer if he isnt moved. Mobley needs a stretch big next to him to open up things for him and the offense

I think the hope is that Mobley could develop into a stretch big in a couple of seasons.

It’s not an ideal pairing at first, but if he can develop a reliable shot the pairing is functional offensively and elite defensively.