Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

19 hours ago, brownie man said:

Thanks brother! 

I think more than anything this has to be the off-season when we decide our identity more then drafting one player. They’ve got to go all in on something. And I think that unless we can get Cade it should be filling out the roster so players can play at the right positions. 

Any thoughts on this trade idea?

Collin Sexton and K Love

for Wiggins and pick 7?

I think I’d do it 

I get what you’re saying and trust me I’ve thought deeply about getting 5 and 8 in a trade. But a game changing stud can do so much more to giving us an identity than 2 pretty good players. But as @roger murdock said the top three are absolute game changers to a franchise. I really don’t want to be the bridesmaid this year. I want to be a bride. 

Now if we could somehow finagle another top ten pick in this draft I’d be down. There’s some really good role payers after the top five. Or even better, finagle a top pick in the ‘22 draft when the restrictions are lifted and get us a stud out if HS. 

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Mobley, Green, and Cunningham are not guys you trade down for. If we were picking at 4? Sure I'd entertain it. We aren't. 

All 3 get drafted 1st overall last year. All 3 get drafted before Morant. All 3 get drafted above Ayton. All 3 get drafted above Fultz. 

Jarrett Allen is what? The 150th best player in the NBA? Somewhere in that ballpark. You dont let that dictate who you draft. We are talking 'should be hall of famer' players here at 3. 

I’d put Suggs in there too. He’s a complete player and has a chance of being best of this class. He could go #1 in many drafts in the past. 

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

My whole point being I don't think the gap between Mobley and Allen is worth the 3rd pick in the draft. I would just hate to give up on a established and young player like Allen to go with another rookie thats going to go through another learning curve. Its like taking 1 step back to maybe, possibly, hopefully take 2 steps forward in a few years from now 

I think their is a pretty big gap. Allen will never have the offensive potential or the ability to be able to defend outside the paint like Mobley does. Yes, the things you have said about Allen are great in his own right but Allen doesnt bring enough to the table to deserve this big contract he is going to get. You win with Bigs like Ayton. Mobley is a lot closer to Ayton than Allen

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’d put Suggs in there too. He’s a complete player and has a chance of being best of this class. He could go #1 in many drafts in the past. 

ppl dont like Suggs because of Garland and Sexton. Sorry, Garland and Sexton, with they had the potential like Suggs. I agree, Suggs, could be really special

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

ppl dont like Suggs because of Garland and Sexton. Sorry, Garland and Sexton, with they had the potential like Suggs. I agree, Suggs, could be really special

I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to a Garland Suggs back court. I think they both could play off each other. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Fit matters, Suggs is a good prospect but tripling down on PGs and not spending the time to develop any of them is beyond stupid

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think their is a pretty big gap. Allen will never have the offensive potential or the ability to be able to defend outside the paint like Mobley does. Yes, the things you have said about Allen are great in his own right but Allen doesnt bring enough to the table to deserve this big contract he is going to get. You win with Bigs like Ayton. Mobley is a lot closer to Ayton than Allen

This goes back to the fact that I believe Allen has tremendous upside on offense but the Cavs scheme and coaching is too stupid to realize it 

When Allen got involved and got touches he looked good, but the Cavs offense is so dumb they basically relegated him to a garbage man Tristan Thompson role.

Allen hit 3s last year and has shown incredible touch and midrange for somebody his size the Cavs just never decided to utilize it on any consistent basis. I would rather see the Cavs be able to utilize a big man as a focal point in Their offense before I spend a top 3 pick on one.

They already have a super young, talented, rim running, soft touch, shot blocking big on their roster and you wouldnt have any idea by watching a single Cavs game

Edited by AkronsWitness

I really think that if he is there, assuming Cunningham is gone, which, duh... I think Green has to be the pick. He's the Superstar wing potential pick here. He's advanced for his age, can score at every level, he really just needs to put on weight and get more consistent defensively. I think he fits the best with our current core (I think he ends up 6'7 or so and a SF), and has the most upside. Honestly, the more I watch the more I wonder if Houston will take him at #2. I like Mobley, but I think Green offers a higher ceiling.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

This goes back to the fact that I believe Allen has tremendous upside on offense but the Cavs scheme and coaching is too stupid to realize it 

When Allen got involved and got touches he looked good, but the Cavs offense is so dumb they basically relegated him to a garbage man Tristan Thompson role.

Allen hit 3s last year and has shown incredible touch and midrange for somebody his size the Cavs just never decided to utilize it on any consistent basis. I would rather see the Cavs be able to utilize a big man as a focal point in Their offense before I spend a top 3 pick on one.

They already have a super young, talented, rim running, soft touch, shot blocking big on their roster and you wouldnt have any idea by watching a single Cavs game

He’s really damn good at finishing inside but that’s it

his hands are awful

his shooting is OK but super low volume

hes a decent passer from the standstill 

he cannot put the ball on the floor 

if you can’t dribble or catch and shoot effectively your offensive upside goes to hell

unless he’s some secret sniper who’s averaged 0.3 Triple attempts over his career his offensive upsides a rim running big with bad hands 

Fortunately Garland is sick on passes to the interior 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Fit matters, Suggs is a good prospect but tripling down on PGs and not spending the time to develop any of them is beyond stupid

For some reason, my whole post didnt go or I lost half a thought process.

original post was suppose to be about drafting Suggs and trading Sexton and Garland

3 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Suggs is more of a 1/2 than a pure point guard. I think him and Garland would be a sweet backcourt. He has the size/physicality to guard 2s but isn't the half court playmaker Garland is. 

Yes he has the ability to be a combo guard but he can be one hell of a PG. all I hear about him is his ability to being a field general and it comes from his time as a QB. He had a few D1 offers to play QB. He would be the most promising player on the team if he was drafted. If they went with Suggs, I would want them to trade Sexton and Garland. Try and land a legit SF somehow some way. Suggs/Okuro/New SF. I think a PG like Suggs could get the best out of Okuro and Allen

Its nice for once that the Cavs have their pick of elite talent unlike the past 3 years. we prayed one would fall which didnt happen