Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah if we’re taking Suggs I’d rather trade Garland and Sexton. 

Let’s Suggs run the point and Okoro at the 2 and somehow find a 3. 

Man I really want Kuminga 

I really don't think we are going to take Suggs, I'm all for BPA but it will put us in a position where we HAVE to start trading our young guards, and we might not get fair value.

I think we are zeroing in on Mobley or Green honestly and both would be great pickups.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah if we’re taking Suggs I’d rather trade Garland and Sexton. 

Let’s Suggs run the point and Okoro at the 2 and somehow find a 3. 

Man I really want Kuminga 

That team couldn’t score though 

We finished 29th in 3s and have an elite 3 point shooting lead guard why replace him with someone who’s weakness is shooting. You’d need snipers at the 3 and 4 for that to work. 

Suggs is really good. If we were picking 4 I’d want him and would start him at the 2 so we’d have another playmaker. But taking him at 3 is certifiable with this roster. 

Green and Mobley are perfect for us 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Trade idea that I think would have legs 

Cavs out - Sexton

Cavs in - 6 overall, future first 

Warriors out - Wiseman, 7 overall

Warriors in - Sexton, 18 overall

Thunder out - 6 overall, 18 overall, future first 

Thunder in - 7 overall and Wiseman

Sexton isn’t fetching the 6th overall pick. Especially with his rookie deal ending soon. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I really don't think we are going to take Suggs, I'm all for BPA but it will put us in a position where we HAVE to start trading our young guards, and we might not get fair value.

I think we are zeroing in on Mobley or Green honestly and both would be great pickups.

the best part is, the decision gets made for them. they just sit at 3 and take whatever one is there. they cant screw it up

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Suggs is really good. If we were picking 4 I’d want him and would start him at the 2 so we’d have another playmaker. But taking him at 3 is certifiable with this roster. 

Green and Mobley are perfect for us 

Starting him at the 2, would still hurt the team, and the issue that has plagued them since they have drafted Sexton. They have not had a legit lead guard/point guard, who you can run the offense through. Sexton is garbage at facilitating and they have been stuck trying to make a 2 PG system work. I would rather make Suggs the PG, run everything through him, and move on.

Garland and Sexton are still going to hold great value. They are young guards and teams who are competing could use them. Garland has more value because he is still on the rookie deal. Either way, I dont see them getting lesser value.

I think Green is the perfect fit for us, so I hope the Rockets dont screw us. 

Either way, I want to see Sexton moved. Make Garland and Green your guards and try and land a legit SF. Still kinda leave Okuro in a weird spot. I think Suggs would help Okuro out a lot.  

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Starting him at the 2, would still hurt the team, and the issue that has plagued them since they have drafted Sexton. They have not had a legit lead guard/point guard, who you can run the offense through. Sexton is garbage at facilitating and they have been stuck trying to make a 2 PG system work. I would rather make Suggs the PG, run everything through him, and move on.

Garland and Sexton are still going to hold great value. They are young guards and teams who are competing could use them. Garland has more value because he is still on the rookie deal. Either way, I dont see them getting lesser value.

I think Green is the perfect fit for us, so I hope the Rockets dont screw us. 

Either way, I want to see Sexton moved. Make Garland and Green your guards and try and land a legit SF. Still kinda leave Okuro in a weird spot. I think Suggs would help Okuro out a lot.  

Garland is a legit point guard and floor general, better at it than Suggs 

Also, I have no idea how the fit plays out, but if we could land Simmons for Sexton and Love, that could be a nice deal.

Sexton is ready for “primetime” offensively and gives them someone not named Embiid who can make a bucket.  Love is the perfect 4 next to him also and both players fit into a “win now” window for Philly.

Simmons’ value is at an all time low now, but he’s just so damned good at so many things. 

• Like 2

I know it will never happen but.....

Cleveland trades to Philadelphia: Collin Sexton/ Cedi Osman / Larry Nance Jr.

Philadelphia trades to Cleveland: Ben Simmons

Cleveland trades to Dallas: Kevin Love

Dallas trades to Cleveland: Kristaps Porzingis 

PG - Garland / Dotson

SG - Green / Okoro

SF - Simmons / Windler

PF - Porzingis / Prince

C - Allen / Hartenstein

For the Sixers trade, it provides them with a PG that is definitely not afraid to shoot, a PF who can come off the bench or start if they want to move Tobias Harris back to SF, and a SF in Osman that can give them solid minutes off the bench.  For the Cavaliers, they would recieve Ben Simmons who is still very young at 25 and is a dynamic player physically but needs to get rewired offensively and needs to be locked in a gym this offseason.  A change of scenery to the Cavaliers could be the change he needs.

In regards to Porzingis,  I know that 99.9% of this forum hates him but he is truly at an all time low when it comes to his value. I think Dallas would be one of the few if not the only team that might be willing to take on Love & his contract.  Has Porzingis been injury prone, yes he has but he played 43 games this past year compared to Love's 25. Porzingis is 7 years younger then Love & is taller at 7'3" compared to Love's 6'8". Porzingis may have 1 more year on his contract compared to Love but he makes 1.7 million less.  Does Porzingis have a bit of a surly attitude lately, yes he does but it can't be much worse then what Love has shown us over the last few seasons.  Love is outrageously hard to trade so why not roll the dice on a younger, potentially better version then him.

We all know that getting top tier free agents to come to Cleveland is practically nill so why not take a gamble on players like Simmons and Porzingis who are young and under contract for multiple years.  

Tear it up guys.

Peace!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

PG - Garland / Dotson

SG - Green / Okoro

SF - Simmons / Windler

PF - Porzingis / Prince

C - Allen / Hartenstein

For the Sixers trade, it provides them with a PG that is definitely not afraid to shoot, a PF who can come off the bench or start if they want to move Tobias Harris back to SF, and a SF in Osman that can give them solid minutes off the bench.  For the Cavaliers, they would recieve Ben Simmons who is still very young at 25 and is a dynamic player physically but needs to get rewired offensively and needs to be locked in a gym this offseason.  A change of scenery to the Cavaliers could be the change he needs.

In regards to Porzingis,  I know that 99.9% of this forum hates him but he is truly at an all time low when it comes to his value. I think Dallas would be one of the few if not the only team that might be willing to take on Love & his contract.  Has Porzingis been injury prone, yes he has but he played 43 games this past year compared to Love's 25. Porzingis is 7 years younger then Love & is taller at 7'3" compared to Love's 6'8". Porzingis may have 1 more year on his contract compared to Love but he makes 1.7 million less.  Does Porzingis have a bit of a surly attitude lately, yes he does but it can't be much worse then what Love has shown us over the last few seasons.  Love is outrageously hard to trade so why not roll the dice on a younger, potentially better version then him.

We all know that getting top tier free agents to come to Cleveland is practically nill so why not take a gamble on players like Simmons and Porzingis who are young and under contract for multiple years.  

Tear it up guys.

Peace!!!

I’m fine with both.

We don’t need to save cap space, no FA is ever coming here.  Our only shot is to roll the dice and hope you strike gold.

Porzingas, Simmons, Garland, Okoro, Allen and the rookie is a hodgepodge of talent, but there’s some elite potential with a number of those guys.

I also don’t think Love, Sexton or Nance are getting us anywhere at any point, but can help those teams.

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

PG - Garland / Dotson

SG - Green / Okoro

SF - Simmons / Windler

PF - Porzingis / Prince

C - Allen / Hartenstein

Tear it up guys.

Peace!!!

I don’t think you can make that work. Simmons is such a non shooting factor that you can’t put him on the floor with any other non shooters. So Allen and Simmons wouldn’t work together. The other 3 guys on the floor would be doubled a lot and the defensive coverage would always be pulled away from Allen and Simmons and onto the other 3. We’d have very little open shots. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck